NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. So irresponsible to spew that kind of violent rhetoric.

Especially after numerous school shootings with AR-15s as recently as in Nashville. For shame! But Carlson just showed us who he is. Which reflects on Trump unless he repudiates that statement immediately. And Carlson is also a hypocrite since he has professed to hate Trump. But inciting Trump supporters to violence must pay his salary.

I’d love to know how Trump supporters justify this rhetoric. And no, we aren’t talking about anyone else here, so don’t do a “what about so-and-so.”

JMO

It is kinda surprising that TC continues to fire people up. Perhaps TC's job/salary means more to him than living by his own truth. imo

Carlson: We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait.
Carlson: I hate him passionately.

Carlson: Trump has two weeks left. Once he’s out, he becomes incalculably less powerful, even in the minds of his supporters.
Carlson: He’s a demonic force, a destroyer. But he’s not going to destroy us. I’ve been thinking about this every day for four years.
Pfeiffer: You’re right. I don’t want to let him destroy me either. [REDACTED]. The Trump anger spiral is vicious.
Carlson: That’s for sure. Deadly. It almost consumed me in November when Sidney Powell attacked us. It was very difficult to regain emotional control, but I knew I had to. We’ve got two weeks left. We can do this.

His goal is to fire people up. The Jan 6th violence is a direct result of such rhetoric. I think that is why the NYPD is preparing for the worst.

News organizations ask judge to immediately unseal Trump indictment, allow cameras in court

A group of news organizations, including NBC News, The Associated Press and The New York Times, have asked Judge Juan Merchan to immediately unseal the Trump indictment and to allow cameras in the courtroom.

"Because of the overwhelming public interest in the contents of the indictment, and because no valid purpose is served by keeping the indictment under seal pending arraignment, we respectfully request that it be unsealed without delay. Indeed, any delay only allows speculation about the content of the indictment to proliferate," a law firm representing the media coalition wrote.

In a separate petition, the coalition urged Merchan to allow audio and visual access to the arraignment expected Tuesday: "The gravity of this proceeding — unprecedented and historic arraignment of a former U.S. President — and, consequently the need for the broadest possible public access, cannot be overstated."

Merchan is set to preside over Tuesday’s arraignment and likely to oversee any subsequent trial.

I think the sooner that they unseal those charges, the better.

Stormy Daniels is receiving death threats, and if many of those 30-ish charges do not relate to Stormy, unsealing the indictment may send the death threats to the IRS, banks, lawyers ... or whatever entity produced the documents revealing the alleged business fraud.

Stormy Daniels opens up on death threats after Trump indictment.

One of the details that immediately jumped off the pages of Southern District of New York (SDNY) prosecutors’ Friday sentencing memo for Michael Cohen has to do with “Individual-1,” also known as President Donald Trump.

Prosecutors were pretty open about who Individual-1 was from the start and how he came to “direct” Cohen to commit felonies:

Interesting reading.

I think those that show up are more likely there not to protest but to witness Trump's historic perp walk.
There is not going to be a perp
I believe that he will get a fair trial AND that his supporters will not believe that, no matter what happens. I am just hoping that no one gets physically hurt or killed by the upcoming protests.

walk, regardless if much some want that to happen.
Trump will plea...or get used to orange. 2 Cents

Only 2% of federal criminal defendants go to trial, and most who do are found guilty​

this isn’t a federal case.

dropping by,

First matter of biz: I offer sincere best wishes to mods on this thread.
could get stormy in here. y'all are brave, organized, helpful, and vigilant. thanks for that. I'll try to behave.

Second, to headscratch over excess of 30 charges.
definitely Stormy AND McDougal - fake bookkeeping. but, still, even if 3 checks written to each, how do we get to 30?

Third, taxes charges would only be NYS-related.
so IRS is watching NY do the work for them here?

Fourth, related to campaign finance?
any of this money involve campaign financials?

Fifth, Conspiracy / election fraud?
does NYS have an election fraud standing in a Fed election? Atlanta seems to think Atlanta does.
Cohen could have cut a deal on conspiracy.
There's other players here to lean on to flip, including Pecker.
Both were called into the GJ at the end.

Sixth, Threatening Officer of the Court with a baseball bat.
I mean, that's good for one or two charges, no?

Seventh, Why speculate -we'll have answers in 3 days?
I'll go distract myself elsewhere. like spring cleaning. yeah. that's the ticket.

JMO

Last edited:
There is not going to be a perp walk, regardless if much some want that to happen.
Trump's attorney isn't so sure there won't be a perp walk.

How is it violent?
It inflames unbalanced people to resort to political acts of violence which is what happened on Jan. 6 and also to Paul Pelosi.

Giuliani: 'One of worst days in American legal history'

“We have never indicted an ex-president because we’re not a banana republic," Giuliani said.

Is he saying that ex-presidents should just get a free pass then? Wouldn't THAT make it a banana republic? :rolleyes:

“We have never indicted an ex-president because we’re not a banana republic," Giuliani said.

Is he saying that ex-presidents should just get a free pass then? Wouldn't THAT make it a banana republic? :rolleyes:

I would hardly call France, Israel, South Korea, etc “banana republics.”

Someone needs to remind Rudy that Richard Nixon resigned to avoid indictment but quite a few aides and subordinates were indicted and spent time in prison.

The rhetoric reported in this article is chilling. “Weaponize suicidal people”? Seriously?

However, users on the pro-Trump forum encouraged those who did not want to “form organized militias” to “take on lone wolf mentalities,” “weaponize suicidal people” and “make the jurors public knowledge.”

Rhetoric from the former president has done little to quell supporters’ anger, and has at times appeared to play into accelerationist ideas. In a post to Truth Social shortly after news of his indictment, Trump said that the United States was now a “third world country” and that “the country is dying.” Trump had previously warned of the potential for “death and destruction” if he faced criminal charges.

dropping by,

First matter of biz: I offer sincere best wishes to mods on this thread.
could get stormy in here. y'all are brave, organized, helpful, and vigilant. thanks for that. I'll try to behave.

Second, to headscratch over excess of 30 charges.
definitely Stormy AND McDougal - fake bookkeeping. but, still, even if 3 checks written to each, how do we get to 30?

JMO
<rsbm>

Thanks for the good wishes :) We need them, LOL.

One of the panel on CNN last night took a shot at what she thought 34 (?) charges might consist of, and her guess was based on 11 cheques written to Cohen re the SD payout with 3 specific and identical charges related to every one of those 11 cheques = 33, and she speculated that the 34th charge could be a conspiracy charge.

Unfortunately I did not got back to note the specifics of what those 3 charges per cheque were that she referred to and can't locate it via a Google.

Last edited:
The rhetoric reported in this article is chilling. “Weaponize suicidal people”? Seriously?

However, users on the pro-Trump forum encouraged those who did not want to “form organized militias” to “take on lone wolf mentalities,” “weaponize suicidal people” and “make the jurors public knowledge.”

Rhetoric from the former president has done little to quell supporters’ anger, and has at times appeared to play into accelerationist ideas. In a post to Truth Social shortly after news of his indictment, Trump said that the United States was now a “third world country” and that “the country is dying.” Trump had previously warned of the potential for “death and destruction” if he faced criminal charges.
Just totally disgusting.

The captain and the pirate stopped being rivals when they both realized they were in the same boat.
<rsbm>

Thanks for the good wishes :) We need them, LOL.

One of the panel on CNN last night took a shot at what she thought 34 (?) charges might consist of, and her guess was based on 11 cheques written to Cohen re the SD payout with 3 specific and identical charges related to every one of those 11 cheques = 33, and she speculated that the 34th charge could be a conspiracy charge.

Unfortunately I did not got back to note the specifics of what those 3 charges per cheque were that she referred to and can't locate it via a Google.
<modsnip: OP was edited to correct>

conspiracy would be another big wow; I didn't think they'd go there again but then the last 2 GJ witnesses ... so I threw it back in the pot.

Last edited by a moderator:

The irony is, these sort of people are the first to wave the American flag, defend all police regardless of their actions, and say things like "you do the crime, you do the time!" i.e. respecting our judicial system. But now their <modsnip> ex-president is the one who did the crimes, so lets throw every ethical thing out the window. Wow wow wow. How low can these people go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member