VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York Times:
What’s Inside Jeffrey Epstein’s Little Black Book? (Published 2019)

What To Know About the Contacts Book That Could Be Crucial to Ghislaine Maxwell's Trial
The trial will hinge on several elements, legal experts tell TIME, but one key piece of evidence could be Government Exhibit 52, an address book that prosecutors allege belonged to Maxwell. The “little black book” has long been an object of interest in the Epstein case; in 2015, Gawker published a redacted copy of its contents, including the names of world leaders, famous performers and business titans.

I'm following, and appreciate the tweets.
Following on and off though, because this despicable woman and the whole business is just too much for me.

Waiting for the day she is found guilty and thrown in prison....may she rot there.
Life in prison would be quite nice as a punishment. However, I hope she is given an incentive to name some names.

Last edited:
Got a favor to ask: If anyone sees MSM reporting on TV today, could you mention it here? I've had two of the three big cable networks on all day today. There has been no trial mention that I've seen. Maybe there will be a little blurb tonight. I AM Curious. TIA.

New York Times:

What To Know About the Contacts Book That Could Be Crucial to Ghislaine Maxwell's Trial
The trial will hinge on several elements, legal experts tell TIME, but one key piece of evidence could be Government Exhibit 52, an address book that prosecutors allege belonged to Maxwell. The “little black book” has long been an object of interest in the Epstein case; in 2015, Gawker published a redacted copy of its contents, including the names of world leaders, famous performers and business titans.
Thanks @sds71, I've been wondering how old the Gawker version was.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/with_replies

There's a lot of other colorful testimony that I won't tweet out until I can properly contextualize.

Asked about why he left, Alessi responds: "I was sick and I was also very, very tired of the job."

Alessi admits (on direct) that he stole money from Epstein's house at a time his marriage was on the rocks and he was financially struggling.

Q: About how much money did it take? A: It was about $6,300.

He says he paid it back, and he never saw Epstein again.

Direct examination concludes. Rather than start cross with 13 minutes remaining, trial adjourns for the day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/with_replies

There's a lot of other colorful testimony that I won't tweet out until I can properly contextualize.

Asked about why he left, Alessi responds: "I was sick and I was also very, very tired of the job."

Alessi admits (on direct) that he stole money from Epstein's house at a time his marriage was on the rocks and he was financially struggling.

Q: About how much money did it take? A: It was about $6,300.

He says he paid it back, and he never saw Epstein again.

Direct examination concludes. Rather than start cross with 13 minutes remaining, trial adjourns for the day.

I think stealing is wrong.

I don't even really care that this man stole from JE. Maybe if he was paid a decent wage, it would not have ever crossed his mind. Such exploitation.

UGH.

So horrible, these people.

I've gone done some rabbit holes, how JE got his money, the connections, etc etc etc. As fellow WSers, you can too! Watch Filthy Rich on Netflix for starters,make a few notes, then do a deep dive into things brought up there. It's all there, if you look.

It's all so sordid and depraved.

As always, all MOO

What a bizarre and corrupt process this legal proceeding is.
It is so apparent, as others have pointed out, that there are many undercurrents going on. This is on all sides, IMO.
The first is the obvious elephant in the room, which is the suspicious death of JE. Associated with this, IMO, is also a need to make someone pay.
The second is the powerful men who are associated, but suspiciously not implicated, in this.
The third is the obvious using of the victims by both sides of the case. No one seems to care about what they have to go through. Based on yesterday's testimony there was obviously such pain. I think that JD was groomed from a very young age. It is horrible. But, I think that the cross did show that the prosecution is also manipulating JD to change details of her recall of events from two years ago in order to fit the charges against GM by using uncertainty of timeline against her.

I am probably a minority here but I think the GM charges are enhanced to pressure her on implicating others. I think the "non-implicated others" implicitly have pressured GM and the victims not to implicate them through the death of JE. I think the prosecution is manipulating the narrative to ensure that (the truly despicable, IMO) GM pays the price that (the truly depraved) JE should have. The defense wants to cast doubt on the victim's entire story to discredit her.

This is a nasty case where so far only the rich and powerful are benefitting. It is not about making GM pay for the crimes that she did commit or for getting justice for JE's and GM's victims.

MOO.

I have had this niggling feeling. Unsure. Uneasy. Couldn't put it into words.
You did.
I feel like I am just at the beginning of reading Bonfire of the Vanities.
And, I hate to say it but, I think her defense attorneys are really savvy.
On cross of JD they repeatedly made her say I don't remember.
She left the courtroom sobbing after they pounded her.
It came out that she's been an actress for 20 years.
That she sent a note to JE telling him he was a rock star when she was 19.
None of that matters to me because I believe her.
Just wondering how this will play with the jury?
Ya never know.
MOO.

New York Times:

I mean seriously, how long did all these "famous" freaks think they were going to get away with all that were doing. I hope every single one of their names are made public.

Jeffrey Epstein's housekeeper takes the stand in Ghislaine Maxwell trial | Daily Mail Online

Alessi did not clarify whether it was the toy called a 'Twin Torpedo' referred to by prosecutors in pretrial filings…

Last year Alessi appeared as a guest for a podcast interview with Virginia Roberts Giuffre, the Epstein survivor who claims she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew, allegations he denies.

Alessi revealed that the Duke of York visited Epstein's mansion in Palm Beach, Florida two or three times while he was there.

Andrew was memorable because he was so polite - and was the only one of Epstein's guests to leave him a tip,' he claimed.

GM filed a motion to keep photos of the twin torpedo from being shown
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.539612/gov.uscourts.nysd.539612.449.0.pdf

Last edited:
The rich and powerful "famous freaks" are a protected class. This sickening and sinful behavior has been going on for decades, at the cost of young lives....forever tormented. Their reach is far and deep, across this country, and across the oceans. We will not know the 'who'. Watch...

The rich and powerful "famous freaks" are a protected class. This sickening and sinful behavior has been going on for decades, at the cost of young lives....forever tormented. Their reach is far and deep, across this country, and across the oceans. We will not know the 'who'. Watch...
I fear that you are right. Man's inhumanity to man. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whirlebird