NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
April walks and pauses, walks and pauses, and repeats over and over. I wonder if she is getting closer.

I'm starting to think they really have no idea how close she is to delivering

that was interesting, she just went into a birthing posture but then went down to her knees in front and jumped right back up to standing.

I'm starting to think they really have no idea how close she is to delivering

just like humans, its not an exact science. they are just going by the signals she is giving/changes in her body.

Painful to watch her lie down...

What I would do to have April's abs! She has such control when she lays down.

The feeds seem to be different. I didn't see her lay down so I suppose I'm on the wrong one. [emoji17]

If you happen on a feed today that has less than 200,000 people viewing it's probably a fake, or delayed stream. The numbers do shoot down when there's been a long offline error but otherwise it's been hovering in the 200,000-250,000 for the last 24 hours...because, you know, we are on the VERGE! Plus, we now have a strange pang to shop for toys ;)

April has me re-living and this is probably an over-share, but I had the luck to be in Geneva when I had my daughter and with my cushy international insurance I stayed at this place:
http://www.beaulieu.ch/sejour.php?lang=EN&section=10
I say stayed because it really was like a fancy hotel. They encouraged a 5-day stay after giving birth provided a celebratory room-service meal for two adults with champagne as soon as you felt up to it.

I kind of wish April and a nicer space. I know she's an animal evolved to survive in the Savannah of Africa but still...to me she is a mother on the VERGE!

Wow some of y'all had super quick births. My labor was 37 hours from the time my water broke until I was taken for a c-section and had my daughter finally though she was 6 weeks early she was just small weighing only 4lbs when I brought her home 5 days later. Compare that to my son who was my 1st 10 years earlier at 18 I was only in labor 4 hours from the time my water broke and no c-section he was 8lbs so she looked so tiny to her dad and I. I feel so bad for April 37 hours and I was pleading for help from anyone I can't imagine the last month for her.You can do it April I'm Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby.

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

April has me re-living and this is probably an over-share, but I had the luck to be in Geneva when I had my daughter and with my cushy international insurance I stayed at this place:
http://www.beaulieu.ch/sejour.php?lang=EN&section=10
I say stayed because it really was like a fancy hotel. They encouraged a 5-day stay after giving birth provided a celebratory room-service meal for two adults with champagne as soon as you felt up to it.

I kind of wish April and a nicer space. I know she's an animal evolved to survive in the Savannah of Africa but still...to me she is a mother on the VERGE!
Omg so pretty and the view from the window looks amazing. Our labor and delivery suites leave a lot to be desired IMO

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

I thought their appetite is supposed to decrease the closer they are - she has been bulimic today!

If there was a blizzard in NY, April would have her baby!

If there was a blizzard in NY, April would have her baby!
Man we thought that weeks ago when Stella came through... Lol! [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.beaulieu.ch/sejour.php?lang=EN§ion=10

Wow, I would have had more than ONE if I had a place like THAT! LOL

The giraffes must be board in such a small space...I know it's cold in NY and cannot go outside, but big animals need a big space and mommy needs a bigger space for a nursery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member