NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
4/2 Morning Update

This morning, keepers report increased discharge, continued lack of interest in food, full udders. April also continues to be a bit out of character. We continue to watch and wait.

Keepers feel they will be able to get the giraffes yard time today, as yard conditions have returned to safe and temperatures promise to climb from the 30s to 50s today. Perhaps that will "shake" things up!...

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdventurePark/

I'm so glad they will be able to get outside today!

Is there cameras outside? She probably wants to birth alone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My name suggestions are "Patience" if it's a girl, and "Cam" if it's a boy.

Going outside. April walks in the other direction lol

If u go to the FB page posted a few pgs. back lots of good info. I am not on FB but can still read. Apparently Oliver and April mated 3 times 17 days apart. Gestation period on average is 15 months plus 60 days. Oh she is poking her head outside lol

Awww, she looks beautiful standing in the sunlight. I hope she goes out for a walk!

April can't seem to make up her mind about venturing outside :D

Good Morning!☀️

One of the two big events my husband has waited on finally happened 'the one and only' Bob Dylan received his Nobel Prize :flashback: and the other April giving birth today(we hope).:waiting:

Although dealing with the symptoms of chemo he is cheering on April to surprise us today with her beautiful new baby!

Good Morning!☀️

One of the two big events my husband has waited on finally happened 'the one and only' Bob Dylan received his Nobel Prize :flashback: and the other April giving birth today(we hope).:waiting:

Although dealing with the symptoms of chemo he is cheering on April to surprise us today with her beautiful new baby!

So sorry to hear about your husband, MizStery. Best wishes to him. :heartbeat:

Healing thoughts Miz for your Hubby. I hope today is the day too.

She sure isn't interested in going outside at this point. Hope that's a good sign toward birthing. I was hoping she would take a little jaunt to get things going.

I'm going through some depression so hate leaving my house. April is like me. Peering outside unsure. Run April run!

I'm going through some depression so hate leaving my house. April is like me. Peering outside unsure. Run April run!

Oh,it's spring the flowers,sun and long days are coming.Please know you are among friends and we are here 24/7 so you have lots of support. :grouphug:

It is so nice with what we read here on the boards and may be experiencing in real life we have access to something so beautiful and rare to witness in real time. I have learned so much about Giraffe's. Now I get my Sisters love of them. She has Giraffe Robert Bateman Prints hanging in their home and a few lovely Giraffe figurines.

I once had a Giraffe stick it's head in our passenger window where I was sitting. It stuck it's tongue out. It scared me to death. Thought I would pass out. We were so busy looking out the driver side at a Tower of them coming toward I didn't notice one on my side. I had no idea then their necks could lower and bend like that. I think now my reaction would be different lol. I want one.......

Going outside. April walks in the other direction lol

Ooooh! I'm out and about on my phone all afternoon and cannot view video. Keep those descriptors coming!

:daisy:

OMG... We are at 1,000 posts!

Time for new thread?

Alert to mods?

A new thread for a new beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors