Recovered/Located NY - Halo Branton, 10 months, Hillhurst Park, Schenectady, 10 Mar 2024 *deceased after found*

MAR 13, 2024
[...]

Schenectady police Lt. Ryan Macherone said on Tuesday that the city’s police officers and firefighters have access to a peer support team and an on-staff psychologist.

“Throughout that entire day, the psychologist and our peer support team was activated and was here working with our officers,” Macherone said of the Saturday night search that lasted until after noon on Sunday. ...

[...]

Nelson reported she didn't know how she got there and claimed to have lost her child, police have said. The baby's blanket was discovered nearby, with the firefighters then participating in the subsequent search for Halo.

[...]

City firefighters treated the child when she was located, with Halo whisked to the hospital.

[...]

Macherone said on Tuesday that the police department continues to investigate leads into the circumstances that led to Halo’s death.

[...]

MAR 13, 2024
Saturday into Sunday, March 9th, police dogs assisted in the search for Baby Halo Branton. March 13th will hold a new annual significance. A resolution passed in the State Assembly Wednesday makes March 13th “K9 Veteran’s Day”. Dogs from the Schenectady County Sheriff’s office, at least one of whom assisted in the search, were at the capital for that honor.

Police dogs narrowed the search of the GE plant in Schenectady for 10-month-old Halo Branton who was reported missing. ...

[...]

Article from 3 days ago said:
By Sunday afternoon, the police department said Halo had been found alive near the General Electric campus and rushed to a hospital. Her condition at the time she was found wasn’t made clear.

Officials then confirmed to the Gazette just before Sunday evening that Halo had died at the hospital.

Authorities said the manslaughter charge was updated to murder after an autopsy was performed on the child, revealing she had died from hypothermia.

Not sure if updates from officials about the timeline or Halo's health have been updated in the meantime?

Link please?

I'm still not clear if Halo was alive when she was found?

From what I’ve read in the media, they attempted to work on her when they found her but she wasn’t pronounced until she got to Ellis hospital, which is about a 7 minute drive from GE under normal circumstances. MOO as a healthcare worker that lived in that area for a few years is that they knew there was no reviving her otherwise she would have been rushed to Albany Med as Ellis doesn’t handle pediatrics or complex / traumatic cases.

“Messages said a GE security officer found a woman inside one of the GE buildings, not responding, on March 9 around 10:45 p.m.

The messages allege the woman was “intoxicated and vomited all over herself.” The GE security guard was able to awaken her. “She was soaking wet from the waist down.””

“Messages said a GE security officer found a woman inside one of the GE buildings, not responding, on March 9 around 10:45 p.m.

The messages allege the woman was “intoxicated and vomited all over herself.” The GE security guard was able to awaken her. “She was soaking wet from the waist down.””
In the interview with the boyfriend, he said "she drank, she smoked, she wasn't impaired". Sounds like they are worried about liability...

The weird thing is that Halo has Frank's sign on her ears--the lower lobe fold--that's been associated with heart problems and end of-life. I wish someone would not have pointed that out to me when my mother was near death--but they did--and now I spot it like an eagle. I'm sure there are other reasons for Frank's sign, but it's odd that it appears on Halo's little ears.
Without looking back, I think she was initially described as Hispanic. Variations in Latino and Native American ear lobes include an earlobe that bends forward which, I think, could look like a Frank's sign.

Source: Dunno. I just know stuff for no reason.
ETA: Knox
ETA2: Link describing Halo as Hispanic Recovered/Located - NY - Halo Branton, 10 months, Hillhurst Park, Schenectady, 10 Mar 2024 *deceased after found*

Last edited:
MAR 14, 2024
Persia Nelson is tentatively said to appear in court Friday, but questions still remain about what her mental state was at the time she reported he daughter Halo missing. ...

[...]

... attorney Paul DerOhannesian, an expert in custody cases who says her mental state at that time will be key in determining where this case goes.

“The police chief said in the news conference, she said she didn’t know where she was and that’s very important, why doesn’t she know where she was? Is it because she was intentionally withholding information is it because she’s under the influence of intoxicants? Does she have some mental health issues? That’s going to be ultimately very important as to what happens and her mental state” said the attorney.

MAR 14, 2024
Persia Nelson is tentatively said to appear in court Friday, but questions still remain about what her mental state was at the time she reported he daughter Halo missing. ...

[...]

... attorney Paul DerOhannesian, an expert in custody cases who says her mental state at that time will be key in determining where this case goes.

“The police chief said in the news conference, she said she didn’t know where she was and that’s very important, why doesn’t she know where she was? Is it because she was intentionally withholding information is it because she’s under the influence of intoxicants? Does she have some mental health issues? That’s going to be ultimately very important as to what happens and her mental state” said the attorney.
Oh please. SMH she was on a total blackout bender found covered in vomit and wet from the waist down. MOO

MAR 15, 2024
The case involving Persia Nelson, the mother accused of murder in the death of her 10-month-old daughter Halo Branton last weekend, will now be moved to Schenectady County Court.

Nelson made a brief appearance in Schenectady City Court Friday afternoon. Judge Carl Falotico said that Nelson’s case will be going from City Court to County Court. A date for her next appearance has not yet been set.

[...]

Nelson was represented by Schenectady Public Defender Stephen Signore. He told the judge earlier last week it is his understanding that Nelson does not have a criminal history.

[...]

Nobles told the judge then that Nelson had only been in the Schenectady area since November, and before that had temporarily stayed in a shelter in Albany County.

[...]

MAR 15, 2024
Persia Nelson, mother and accused killer of 10-month-old Halo Branton, was informed Friday that she was indicted by a Schenectady grand jury. Nelson has not been told the charges she has been indicted on, nor has she been arraigned on that indictment.

[...]

It was a brief proceeding with Nelson in court for about three minutes. Nelson was indicted by a grand jury, the contents of that indictment was not made public. Her public defender Stephen Signore outlined her charges.

“It doesn’t tell us what it is she’s been indicted on. I won’t know what it is she’s been indicted on until we get up to county court” said the Public Defender. “The depraved indifference murder and manslaughter looks like they indicted her on both dockets” he added.

[...]

Baby Halo’s father Amar Branton was in that courtroom Friday watching his child’s alleged killer learn she’s been indicted. Amar declined to speak on camera, but told NEWS10 “There’s nothing to say, that’s my daughter”.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316