NY NY - Hatice Corbacioglu, 33, 28 July 2009

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Hati...sAQIWg&biw=1366&bih=659#imgrc=_rPabGJH5JujAM:
attachment.php

Hatice Corbacioglu

Attachments

• missing-GetPicture-58691003.jpg
    missing-GetPicture-58691003.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 49
I just watched the show, 'Disappeared', Season 6, Episode 5, Titled, "One Way Ticket", currently on Hulu, that discussed Hatice's case.

I then popped over to NAMUS and took a peek, but I did not see any listed comparsions ruling Hatice out from any of the unidentified listings. Which left me with the questions below:

1) Has Hatice's Family requested that she be listed under New York's Missing Database? Even though she was a Canadian Citizen, she did go missing in New York..
2) While I realize that the Canadian Police were working on Hatice's case, and coordinating with the NY Detectives who were looking into Riza's wife's Missing case, did Hatice's Family ever ask/file a Missing Person's report directly with NY Police? As I pointed out previously, Hatice went missing while in NY, so logically, her case should apply as a separate case from Riza's wife, and as a NY Missing Person case, that NYPD should investigate or at the least, she should be added within the NY/U.S. Missinf Persons Cases Database.
3) Has Hatice's Family ever submitted DNA (if not Hatice's then a familial/family member sample) for current & future comparsion to rule Hatice out of any unidentified remains found cases that come up throughout the years. I didn't see her listed as ruled out of any that appeared listed from NY.

It would be a shame if Hatice is not being compared against those unidentified remains being found, because no one bothered to tell/explain to her family (who immigrated to Canada), that they can sign her/their DNA up to ensure those comparisons are made for them against any remains found & entered into the system.

I'm making a personal presumption that it is likely her family wasn't informed about this topic, because they were just (as I understand it from the Disappeaered Episode), dealing directly with the Canadian Police. Who then coordinated all communication with NYPD & Turkish Authorities, so perhaps they themselves (the CA authorities) weren't familiar with the available US processes (or the tech & databases weren't quite in place back then??)..POINT IS.. I wish there was a way to check with the Family, and to ensure that Hatice's info has been added to the NY Missing & her DNA to the available databases for comparison...

I haven't seen nor found any contact info on/for her family, and wouldn't know how to go about bringing up & discussing such a delicate subject anyways...just putting this out there...

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #43339

Case #: 2009-3524224
The Toronto Police Service Missing Person Unit would like to make a public appeal for information in the case of a missing woman.

Hatice Corbacioglu was 32-years-old when she was last seen on Saturday, June 13, 2009, in the Bloor Street West and Lansdowne Avenue area.

The investigation revealed that she was on her way to visit a friend in New York. She crossed into the United States and her vehicle was later located at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

At the time she went missing, she was described as 5'1", 130 lbs., with straight black hair, which she dyed.

She was also known to use the names Hatice Donak or Hatice Cakir.

Her photo from 2009 has been re-released.

April 1 2019
Toronto police appealing for information in case of woman missing since 2009
"Toronto police are hoping someone has information about a woman who went missing in 2009.

Hatice Corbacioglu was 32-years-old when she was last seen on Saturday, June 19, 2009 in the Bloor Street West and Lansdowne Avenue area.

The investigation found she was on her way to visit a friend in New York. She crossed into the U.S. and her vehicle was later found at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

She’s described as 5’1″ tall, 130 lbs. with straight black hair that was dyed at the time.

She was also known to use the names Hatice Donak or Hatice Cakir."

Canada's Missing | Case details
Aliases
DONAK, Hatice
CAKIR, Hatice
Missing since
June 13, 2009
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Brown
Hair
Black, Dyed, Straight, Long
Height
155cm / 5 ft 1 in
Weight
59kg / 130lb
Build
Medium
Complexion
Other
Pants
Cloth, White
Shoes
Black, High heels
Shirt
Cloth, White, DRESS, Dress shirt
Tattoo
Eyes
Scar
Cheek

April 2, 2019
Toronto Police hope for new info in missing woman cold case
nr.43339.1551367875-e1554149442669.jpg
Hatice Corbacioglu at age 32 (Toronto Police handout)

''Police are still hopeful somebody can add to to the missing woman’s story and have issued a public appeal for information.

Corbacioglu, who was 32 when she vanished, was last seen June 13, 2009, at Bloor St. and Landsdowne Ave.

She was on her way to visit her boyfriend, Riza Cosa, who eventually became a person of interest in Corbacioglu’s disappearance. While dating Corbacioglu, Cosa was still married to another woman — and that woman was found dead.''

Maybe so, but according to Toronto Police Det. Michael Kelly, of the Missing Person Unit, Corbacioglu’s fate cannot be known for certain. Monday’s public appeal for information is based on the hope that somebody, somewhere knows something and will step up.

“It’s been quite some time since the initial investigation, and we wanted to put it back out there hoping someone will have information,” Kelly said during an interview. “We won’t know what may have happened until we actually find her.”

''Hatice Corbacioglu is described as 5-foot-1, about 130 pounds, with shoulder-length black hair. She had married twice, and was also known as Hatice Donak or Hatice Cakir.''

Bumping for Hattice. With what we know in 2021, Cosa likely killed Angela, his wife, whose body was found in NYC factory where he worked, then committed suicide in Turkey. He may have also killed Hattice. Her remains or identity hasn't been confirmed that I can determine. Is her sister or father or father in touch with NY state investigators in case she is an UID there-I don't know. Please update this thread if you have anything more current especially for when she was last seen or heard from-i have 6/13, but WS thread says 6/28/09?

re post, unfortunately no new news.
Family: Missing woman planned to marry LI man
May 19, 2010
''Corbacioglu, who crossed the Canadian border into New York on June 15 to visit Cosa, was reported missing Aug. 13, Canadian authorities said, about two weeks after Perez was last reported alive at the Wantagh bank where she worked.''

''Corbacioglu, who is a Canadian citizen of Turkish descent, visited the Turkish consulate in Manhattan on June 18, Davis said.

Then, on July 29, a day after Perez was last seen alive, Corbacioglu's beige 2007 Toyota Corolla was ticketed for being parked in front of a fire hydrant on East 92nd Street, Davis said.

Cosa also had a job as a metalworker at a site near 92nd Street, she said.

The car was found Nov. 25 parked at Kennedy Airport.

Corbacioglu's family and best friend reported her missing Aug. 13, said Davis, of Toronto's Youth Bureau and Missing Persons section.''

2019 rbbm.
Toronto Police hope for new info in missing woman cold case | Toronto Sun
''At the time, investigators on both sides of the border feared she had met with foul play.

Maybe so, but according to Toronto Police Det. Michael Kelly, of the Missing Person Unit, Corbacioglu’s fate cannot be known for certain. Monday’s public appeal for information is based on the hope that somebody, somewhere knows something and will step up.

“It’s been quite some time since the initial investigation, and we wanted to put it back out there hoping someone will have information,” Kelly said during an interview. “We won’t know what may have happened until we actually find her.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back