NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

Ok new list
1. Caroline Daoust - reported missing in newspaper on November 14, 1956, but it seems like she went missing on November 8, 1956. She's from Plattsburgh, NY, age 17, left on a date to a restaurant. The boy she was with came home. She took a cab to a grocery store and vanished. She was believed to have left the city.

2. Betty Ann Miklos - 18 years old, Lackawanna, NY, missing September18, 1958. girlfriend of murdered Aquino man. They found the man and his brother murdered, according to the newspaper, it's speculated to be a hit, "gangster-style".

3. Patricia Ann Hurst - 13 years old, argued with her mother Dorothy Hurst on April 13, 1960 and stormed out. Didn't return home, hitch hiking, reported missing in paper 2 days later. Does seem to be rather much taller than our Doe, about 5'8".

4. Beth Stacey- 15, missing October 1, 1964, left home to make a telephone call, never returned, reported in paper October 8, 1964.

5. Joyce Ann Fisher- 13, Newark, NY, missing since November 16, 1956, "had never missed a day of school" until she left at noon that day and wasn't seen again, reported in paper December 6, 1956

1. I can't find any solid info on Caroline, so no answer for this one.
2. Betty was found in Toronto, and was cleared of any suspicion in the murders.
3. I can't find anything on Patricia, so nothing here.
4. Other than a possible marriage certificate, I can't find anything on Beth.
5. I found Joyce in the 1950 census, and her name is listed as Fischer. Nothing on her being found, though.

Hurst was apparently born in Ohio; I found Patricia daughter of Dorothy in the 1940 census, where she's listed as 4 years old, which would make her born around 1937-8. Patricia Ann Hurst in the 1940 Census | Ancestry There seems to be a lot more information for her on ancestry if anybody wants to look, but I'm fairly sure she survived and got married.

Caroline Daoust
Could Caroline have been a typo? I've found someone who fits age (born in 1939), father's name (Roger), and grew up in Plattsburgh, but her name is Carolyn. Could be easy enough for a journalist to mishear or type wrong, though. What do you guys think?

ETA: I've also seen the surname Daoust being spelled D'Aust in the same family, so just keep that in mind.

Could Caroline have been a typo? I've found someone who fits age (born in 1939), father's name (Roger), and grew up in Plattsburgh, but her name is Carolyn. Could be easy enough for a journalist to mishear or type wrong, though. What do you guys think?

ETA: I've also seen the surname Daoust being spelled D'Aust in the same family, so just keep that in mind.

I think I've found the father's find a grave as well and it fits. So, from all I see, I feel comfortable saying that this girl is no longer missing. Thank you very much.

Edit: still looking for Beth Stacey and Joyce Ann Fisher

Joyce Ann Fisher, daughter of Carl Fisher, Sand Hill Rd, Newark, NY, would have been born about 1943, 13 years old, left school and never returned and no trace of her can be found. Does that about sum it up?

I can't find a trace of her either. I tried Fisher, Fischer, Joyce Anne, Joyce Ann. Nothing

Joyce Ann Fisher, daughter of Carl Fisher, Sand Hill Rd, Newark, NY, would have been born about 1943, 13 years old, left school and never returned and no trace of her can be found. Does that about sum it up?

I can't find a trace of her either. I tried Fisher, Fischer, Joyce Anne, Joyce Ann. Nothing
This is the case that worries me the most. There's nothing on this girl.

I can;t find any trace of Joyce Ann Fisher on Find-a-grave, for what that's worth.
Edit: Also no further mention in the nys historical newspapers

2nd edit: Newark, NY and Irondequoit, NY are only 35-40 miles apart

Last edited:
I'm writing an email to New York State Troopers. It may not go anywhere, but if it does, can someone tell me if I should add things, or delete things?

To whom it may concern,
I believe that I might have found a match to the Irondequoit Jane Doe found in 1988.

Joyce Ann Fischer, daughter of Carl Fischer, of Sandhill Road, Newark, New York was 13 years old when she disappeared from her school on November 16, 1956. She went missing only 30-40 miles away from where Irondequoit Jane Doe was eventually found on July 31, 1988. This was reported in the newspaper linked below on the 6th of December 1956.

The Lake Shore News 6 December 1956 — The NYS Historic Newspapers

People on Websleuths tried to help me find any trace of this young girl and we could not find anything about if Joyce was found, deceased or living. She just seems to have vanished.

I have read that it is believed by investigators that this Jane Doe died before 1963. It is likely that either the girl was never reported missing, or that the report has been lost. I was wondering if you could help me with this. I know it may be impossible to ever find out for sure, but if Joyce Ann Fischer is still missing, she may be a match to this Jane Doe.

Last edited:
You might want to also send it to whoever is the responsible LE organization(s) listed in her Namus file. If I recall, I sent a couple of submissions to the Monroe County Medical Examiner's office.
Good idea. I'll do that.

Edit: Well, the trooper's email was a bust but I sent an email to the ME and to the New York State VICAP.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back