NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

There seems to be no rule outs from Florida.
Someone knows who had a thing for young girls back then. Sammy G Gingello had a hit out on Mahoney in 1975 as well. Did this murder have anything to do with it somehow ? I think she was a runaway: whomever picked her up probably killed her

Somewhere within the web of mob weirdos (there were 3 mob factions in Rochester by roughly 1976) and maybe some corrupt local LE figures back then lies the truth.

Keeping my fingers crossed DNA leads to an identity.

I will say that in my neck of the woods growing up in Greece, Mahoney's name was never used in a positive context by the grown-ups. The guy was corrupt as they come, that's why I say anything is possible in this case. The DA's office was bad, too, in the 70's.

Unfortunately, with the Rochester mob guys dead or most of the ones that are left really old at this point (hardly any are left, really), I doubt any justice would be served in this case. Some that are still around that might know something live in Florida, I've talked with a couple of them in recent years just in passing at a dive bar in Rochester before moving out here to IN, just random, chance encounters I had with them, neither of whom have been active in organized crime in over 40 years or so. They were taking care of sick relatives in Rochester at the time (2013/2014-ish). Meaning those that know what happened to IJD are probably dead or really old and won't talk.

Another wrinkle is these mob guys often times had mistresses and sundry other "hangers-on" at their beck and call. I didn't know the guy who died last year that was a body guard for Gingello had two families, one "legit/legal" family he started in the late-60's, and the other was with his mistress and started in the 70's. I had no clue about his earlier family until he died last year, and I've known about his later family since 1985.

Sadly, his 2nd family was left destitute after he was picked up for the hit at the Blue Gardenia in '81.

Translated: There's plenty that people related to mob activity don't want to talk about, and I don't blame them.

My parents were not from there, and they had no direct connections to Rochester despite being from western NY. However my mom worked at a local hospital for over 30 years, and thus got ear fulls of gossip and information about all kinds of stuff. She related that Gingello spent a few days there for a procedure at some point, and had 24/7 Monroe County Sheriffs protection. So one can see that the mob/local LE/DA's office web in the 70's was fairly deep and broad. I can't imagine his protection would have happened with legit people in charge of the MCSO.

My money is on Mahoney and some mob guy made a deal, the mob guy probably owned the landscape or construction company or whatever business. Mahoney owed him a favor or the mob guy had dirt on Mahoney and/or one of his deputies or maybe even somebody within the DA's office.

JMO

Somewhere within the web of mob weirdos (there were 3 mob factions in Rochester by roughly 1976) and maybe some corrupt local LE figures back then lies the truth.

Keeping my fingers crossed DNA leads to an identity.

I will say that in my neck of the woods growing up in Greece, Mahoney's name was never used in a positive context by the grown-ups. The guy was corrupt as they come, that's why I say anything is possible in this case. The DA's office was bad, too, in the 70's.

Unfortunately, with the Rochester mob guys dead or most of the ones that are left really old at this point (hardly any are left, really), I doubt any justice would be served in this case. Some that are still around that might know something live in Florida, I've talked with a couple of them in recent years just in passing at a dive bar in Rochester before moving out here to IN, just random, chance encounters I had with them, neither of whom have been active in organized crime in over 40 years or so. They were taking care of sick relatives in Rochester at the time (2013/2014-ish). Meaning those that know what happened to IJD are probably dead or really old and won't talk.

Translated: There's plenty that people related to mob activity don't want to talk about, and I don't blame them.

My parents were not from there, and they had no direct connections to Rochester despite being from western NY.

My money is on Mahoney and some mob guy made a deal, the mob guy probably owned the landscape or construction company or whatever business. Mahoney owed him a favor or the mob guy had dirt on Mahoney and/or one of his deputies or maybe even somebody within the DA's office.

JMO

rsbm: I am directly related to one with "selective" memory. My family has too many ties with Rochester. He is 80. Agree with everything. His younger clinger is still with him- and holds a lot of things over his head to keep her position. I bet I can name the dive bar :)

rsbm: I am directly related to one with "selective" memory. My family has too many ties with Rochester. He is 80. Agree with everything. His younger clinger is still with him- and holds a lot of things over his head to keep her position. I bet I can name the dive bar :)

There are two I saw the two guys at, both on the west side in the city.

Even 5-6 years ago TT (who passed last year) was causing trouble on the east side, like around Bay St. Before he violated parole. There was and probably still is a small club along there, mostly old timers. He was causing trouble there, he was always a nut job, anyway, I just feel bad for his family members who had to put up with his crap, then he started right up again after 25 years in prison.

The two guys I rubbed elbows with were pretty shocked he'd be causing trouble, again.

@Mrs. Badcrumble, I noticed your signature, "Who is the girl in the backyard", and I got curious. I figure you're the person to ask if the following missing person has been considered as a match to this UID (I didn't see that she'd been mentioned). The first thing I remembered about Brenda Crowley's disappearance was that someone eventually claimed she had been buried in a backyard on Long Island. They never found her at that location, but it reminded me of her when I read IJD's case! She also has overcrowded teeth, although I can't tell if they're exactly the same as IJD's. She may have already been mentioned, in which case I apologize, but I wanted you to take a look if not!

brenda_cecilia_crowley_3.jpg
122UFNY2_LARGE.jpg

ETA: Her NamUs link, it has better photos of her teeth.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

@Mrs. Badcrumble, I noticed your signature, "Who is the girl in the backyard", and I got curious. I figure you're the person to ask if the following missing person has been considered as a match to this UID (I didn't see that she'd been mentioned). The first thing I remembered about Brenda Crowley's disappearance was that someone eventually claimed she had been buried in a backyard on Long Island. They never found her at that location, but it reminded me of her when I read IJD's case! She also has overcrowded teeth, although I can't tell if they're exactly the same as IJD's. She may have already been mentioned, in which case I apologize, but I wanted you to take a look if not!

brenda_cecilia_crowley_3.jpg
122UFNY2_LARGE.jpg

ETA: Her NamUs link, it has better photos of her teeth.
I can see why you would make the connection to IJD! Poor kid didn't seem to catch a break in her (short?) life.

One of the first things I look at when I compare IJD to a potential match is the dentals of the mp, and Brenda has quite the distinctive dentals. I couldn't find any information on her having gold foil restoration, though, but unless Brenda had a massive teeth job done right before she went missing, I can't see how they could be the same person, I'm afraid.

(IJD is compared to a detail of Brenda's 1978 photo)

upload_2020-8-31_3-4-47.png

But I am only an amateur here and JMO! If you feel strongly about Brenda, please submit her.

I can see why you would make the connection to IJD! Poor kid didn't seem to catch a break in her (short?) life.

One of the first things I look at when I compare IJD to a potential match is the dentals of the mp, and Brenda has quite the distinctive dentals. I couldn't find any information on her having gold foil restoration, though, but unless Brenda had a massive teeth job done right before she went missing, I can't see how they could be the same person, I'm afraid.

(IJD is compared to a detail of Brenda's 1978 photo)

View attachment 262037

But I am only an amateur here and JMO! If you feel strongly about Brenda, please submit her.
Thank you for taking a look!!

I completely agree about the teeth. The time frame is a bit of a stretch too. The only thing I could think of was the photos of her were taken a year or two before she disappeared and she would have been about 14 years old. So I thought maybe she had undergone some changes during that time, but considering her upbringing, I highly doubt that. I don’t think our teeth change that much (naturally) during that point in our lives. But I’m no expert either :D

I’m not real confident, so I think I’ll just keep an eye out for both girls. ;)

I sure hope NY can see some progress in solving cold cases...lord knows they have too many.

Current exclusions

MP11936 - Barbara Aleksivich
10/03/1973
Steuben, NY

MP2386 – Lynn Bandringa
05/29/1967
San Bernardino CA

Ingrid Bauer

MP7081 – Bonita Bickwit
07/27/1973
Sullivan NY

MP5860 – Marie Blee
11/21/1979
Routt CO

MP20107 – Mary Bostwick
07/18/1972
Tioga NY

MP19076 – Sandra Breed
05/22/1964
Madison NY

MP7828 – Niki Britten
07/16/1969
Linn OR

MP10968 – Linda Britton
06/11/1963
Guernsey OH

MP3070 – Judith Brown
04/06/1977
Queens NY

MP11582 – Barbara Bruno
08/01/1980
Monroe NY

MP7592 – Rosemary Buck
08/11/1973
Onondaga NY

MP4532 – Cynthia Constantine
07/11/1969
Suffolk NY
MP33036
Cornelia Enright
04/24/1969
Schenectady NY

MP5665 – Charlotte Heimann
10/30/1981
Monroe NY

MP5669 – Lynn Luray
08/17/1964
Los Angeles CA

MP7574 – Sylvia Lwowski
09/06/1975
Richmond NY

MP7266
Judy Martins
05/24/1978

MP4646 – Robyn Pettinato
07/05/1975
Flathead MT

MP26000 – Mary Robinson
06/10/1976
Monroe NY

MP5533 – Denise Sheehy
07/07/1970
Queens NY

MP20265 Valerie Smith
03/04/1981
Queens NY

MP3259 – Sheryl Tillinghast
09/24/1973
Dutchess NY

MP4608 – Rebecca Triska
09/19/1958
Beaver PA

MP2876 – Mary Wesolowski
08/18/1971
Warren NY
MP6975 Lynne Schulze
Dec. 10th 1971
Addison, VT

has been added to the ruleout list.

Bumping Irondequoit Jane Doe's thread with her NamUs page:

Thumbnail

#UP2607
Female
White / Caucasian

Date Body Found: July 31, 1988
Location Found: Irondequoit, New York
Estimated Age Range: 14-23 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: 1106805
ME/C Case Number: 88-01132

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Nickname/Alias: --

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years): 14-23
Estimated Year of Death: 0-1988
Estimated PMI: 15 Years

Height: 5' 2"(62 inches) , Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: July 31, 1988

NamUs Case Created: September 2, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: September 3, 2008

Location Found Map
County: Monroe County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --
Found On Tribal Land: --

Circumstances of Recovery:
Remains discovered by young boy who was digging at the rear of his property.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description

Clothing:
  • 4 white buttons found during recovery of remains
- Near the Body​

With cases of remains found off of residential properties you'd think interviewing neighbors or previous owners would produce some leads. Unless it was a very rural area then I could see someone trespassing to dump a body to deter the investigation. I've seen it before in cases where bodies were dumped on farm properties before.

With cases of remains found off of residential properties you'd think interviewing neighbors or previous owners would produce some leads. Unless it was a very rural area then I could see someone trespassing to dump a body to deter the investigation. I've seen it before in cases where bodies were dumped on farm properties before.
I just did a search of the address after noticing it was listing on her Doe Network case file. So it is not a rural area but the house was built in 1964 so with a estimated date of death as being quite broad (10-30 years; 1958-1978) she could have even been there before the house was
built; however, I don't see that as more likely then the more recent time frame. The home listing on Zillow said it had the same owner for over 30 years until 2019.

With her dental work I wonder if they are able to narrow that type of restorations down to a specific timeframes where the practice was common?

130 Bay Knoll Rd, Rochester, NY 14622 | Zillow

I just did a search of the address after noticing it was listing on her Doe Network case file. So it is not a rural area but the house was built in 1964 so with a estimated date of death as being quite broad (10-30 years; 1958-1978) she could have even been there before the house was
built; however, I don't see that as more likely then the more recent time frame. The home listing on Zillow said it had the same owner for over 30 years until 2019.

With her dental work I wonder if they are able to narrow that type of restorations down to a specific timeframes where the practice was common?

130 Bay Knoll Rd, Rochester, NY 14622 | Zillow
More on the history of the house and the neighbourhood in this post. I also managed to find a video walkthrough of the house when it was listed.

Wow! Great work! Very impressive! What are your personal theories in her case?
Thank you.
Tbh, I am not sure myself, some of the theories I have I'm not sure I'm allowed to post here due to WS ToS (that's ok, though; I don't feel comfortable posting them here, either), but all in all, I like to keep all options open. I find it a very strange case, and perhaps to no surprise to the people following this thread, my top pet case. I guess where she was found and with that long PMI, all kinds of scenarios could've happen. I'd love to know who she was and what really happened to her one day, and I know many others with me wants the same.

I'm familiar with that "bluff", as I'll call it, it overlooks Irondequoit Bay. The backyards of many residences along Bay Knoll and an adjacent road back up to a common drop-off type of land feature. Some anti-erosion work was done at one of the properties in the 70's, when a certain corrupt LEO lived on one of the properties. He died young, early 80's IIRC. I think he had a connection here, even if just indirectly.

JMO

I think it's more the case of it being the kind of neighborhood where one is very careful to not see anything. Nope, didn't see it, officer, nope nope nope.

Rosemary E. Hamilton Buck case info has just been updated on Doenetwork and caught my eye, as Doe was found with white buttons and Rosemary was last seen wearing a white coat.
Location is an hour and 23 minute drive apart, age and height fit, as does PMI.
Please forgive me if this lady has been ruled out, I cannot find the rule out list on NAMUS (Probably my annoying phones fault!)

Rosemary E. Hamilton Buck case info has just been updated on Doenetwork and caught my eye, as Doe was found with white buttons and Rosemary was last seen wearing a white coat.
Location is an hour and 23 minute drive apart, age and height fit, as does PMI.
Please forgive me if this lady has been ruled out, I cannot find the rule out list on NAMUS (Probably my annoying phones fault!)
She's on the ruleout list.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500