NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

Today, authorities are searching the Merck Forest in Rupert, Vermont! Jaliek's adoptive family used to go camping there.

Medication could be the reason. Or maybe he is prone to panic attacks. Medical problems or medications could skew the result.

Might a pacemaker affect/be affected by a polygraph?

Here's hoping Jalick is found safe.

IMO polygraphs are not solid indicators of innocence/guilt anyways.

Search for Missing Boy Turns Up Nothing. Click here for link

(Due to copyright for WCAX news, nothing can be copied from the link.)

From here in Vermont, the news station that I watch had this on our news.
Merck Forest in Rupert, Vermont was searched wednesday. This was done by Police and Forest Rangers.
This search was prompted by a tip. The area searched was a campsite that Jaliek's adoptive family would camp at.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

More links to click on;

WNYT (Albany news)

Part of the link;
In addition to the search, the FBI is working on the case.
Bell says on Wednesday forest rangers will head to Rupert, Vermont. They'll be searching Merck Forest in Bennington County.
While no suspects have been named, Bell says it's a place Jaliek's family is familiar with.
"It's an area the family used to go camping. Again these are the kinds of leads. We don't have anything. But they used to go camping. So we're going to search that area," the police chief explained.

Due to copyright for this site, I can only post the link.
WPTZ, Vermont

Again, due to copyright on the website, I cannot post any parts of the article. Click on link.
There is a video of the Vermont search on the link below;

Video link, click here.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f86eef80-416e-4854-9a20-09d892d79b82

...Jocelyn McDonald, the boy's adoptive mother.

McDonald tells FOX23 News that her father put up $25,000 in reward money for any information that leads them to Jaliek.

That reward will diminish in $5,000 increments starting January 1st if it is not claimed.

The family tells us they're doing this to discourage anyone with information from holding out, hoping that the reward increases.

She says her family wanted to offer a reward two weeks ago but investigators urged them to wait.

Police tell us offering a cash reward usually generates false leads.

McDonald and her family members decided the time had come to offer a reward because search efforts still haven't located the missing boy.

more at link

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/?ArID=226313&SecID=33

2 Dec 07

It's been a month since anyone saw 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker. The last person who did was his adoptive father Stephen Kerr.

“My wife and I in our hearts feel like he is alive,” said Stephen Kerr.
Kerr spent most of Saturday afternoon putting up reward posters in Albany. He says he believes his son could be in the city with three teens he befriended after leaving a respite home the day before he disappeared.

"I don't think it is a coincidence. I think these 16 year old boys have some information about where he is,” said Kerr.

and

Kerr says his family is not holding up well and some have questioned Kerr's cooperation in the search.

more at link

Jaliek is in my prayers I did not see this thread before tonight, but I have a really bad feeling. May he be safe, and found quickly.

My opinion....odd. It didn't seem like they were discussing a missing child...very happy, relaxed, like a Barbara Walters interview. Of course people's personalities are very different.

I also find it odd this statement: "Many of my friends have come to me over the years and said I don't know how you do what you do. You have endless patience, which I don't. You have a deep (inaudible) compassion, which I don't. I do what I do mostly because of the relationship with my wife." I truely am not sure if that bolded statement means anything. The discussion of the bag, if he took a bag, if he left with nothing or not, was a tad odd I feel as well. The dad is flat-out odd, but being odd dosn't make you a criminal though.

The reasoning for not taking the test at the time makes, IMO, sense. However, if things have settled down now, taking the test now, IMO, should happen.

My opinion....odd. It didn't seem like they were discussing a missing child...very happy, relaxed, like a Barbara Walters interview. Of course people's personalities are very different.

I also find it odd this statement: "Many of my friends have come to me over the years and said I don't know how you do what you do. You have endless patience, which I don't. You have a deep (inaudible) compassion, which I don't. I do what I do mostly because of the relationship with my wife." I truely am not sure if that bolded statement means anything. The discussion of the bag, if he took a bag, if he left with nothing or not, was a tad odd I feel as well. The dad is flat-out odd, but being odd dosn't make you a criminal though.

The reasoning for not taking the test at the time makes, IMO, sense. However, if things have settled down now, taking the test now, IMO, should happen.

To me, that sounds like he is saying he didn't want the kids, he just went along with it because of the wife. Very odd interview indeed. Until I am proven otherwise, I will continue to think that he did something to this little boy1

Youch, dosn't bode well for the adoptive parents!

I read that the boy was last seen by the adoptive father. Then it said the adoptive father went to check on the boy at his grandparents and he was not there. Wouldn't that mean the grandparents were the last to see the boy not the father?

I read that the boy was last seen by the adoptive father. Then it said the adoptive father went to check on the boy at his grandparents and he was not there. Wouldn't that mean the grandparents were the last to see the boy not the father?
Perhaps he never was there or never made it there, therefore the grandparents never actually saw him.

Perhaps he never was there or never made it there, therefore the grandparents never actually saw him.
I will offer my understanding of this situation. I, however, cannot find the link so, I could be wrong. Stephen Kerr went to pick Jaliek up from a respite in Altamont for several days. On the way back home, they stopped to spend the night at the grandparents' house (who were not home). Stephen said he woke up a Jaliek was gone.

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2007/12/17/news/latest/doc4766f1d0f31a2541045563.txt

17 Dec 07

A candle will be lit for each year of missing 12-year-old Jaliek Rainwalker’s life during an event to be held in his honor this weekend.

Called "Light the night for Jaliek," supporters and loved ones will also sign a Christmas card for the boy, who has been missing since Nov. 2. It will be held Sunday at the VFW post on Abeel Avenue in Greenwich, beginning at 6:30 p.m.

It is being organized by Elaine Persons, an Altamont woman who runs a respite home where Rainwalker occasionally stayed.

and

Kerr [adoptive father] said Rainwalker left behind a note that said, "Goodbye," but Persons said the boy wrote that note the night before at her home as a "homework" assignment for his father. She said Rainwalker was happy when he left her house and that he was looking forward to visiting the Personses again the following weekend.

and

Police earlier had gotten a subpoena to get records from Steven Kerr’s cell phone carrier to see where his phone was used in the day before and the days after Rainwalker’s disappearance.
They were looking to see what cell phone towers Kerr’s phone used to make calls on those days.

Bell [police chief] said "nothing can be said" about the cell phone issue Monday.

much, much more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back