NY NY - Jeremiah Huger, 4, abducted, Bronx, 25 June 1985

I wonder if this guy still lived in the neighborhood? This happened in the Bronx in 1973 more info on the link.

Charles in Charge: a Charlie Chop-off Reinvestigation

A week after Steven’s murder the New York Times announced the first named suspect in the case; Daniel Olivo, age 30, arrested for the rape of a 5-year old boy in a Bronx park on August 20th, three days after the Cropper murder.

After luring the child to a secluded area on the pretext of playing ball
Olivo pounced on the victim and committed an act of sodomy.

The child managed to escape after the attack and alerted his father, a hot dog vendor stationed nearby.

According to the Times, Olivo—standing 5’7” and weighing 140 pounds—was “Hispanic in appearance” with a pockmarked complexion and noticeable limp.
Investigators were unable to develop any information linking Olivo to the Charlie Chop-off crimes, however, and he was eventually dropped as a suspect.

charlie6.jpg

I came across these articles after a friend mentioned the Equilla Hodrick case to me. Jeremiah is mentioned in both. Let me know if you have any problem opening the articles.

Attachments

• Daily_News_Sun__May_25__1986_.pdf
    881.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Daily_News_Sun__Oct_13__1991_.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
They though he was abducted by his mom's former boyfriend? I wonder is that just a theory or couldn't the police prove that. Did they have any other suspects? Pedophiles? There is so little info on this one and afterall he's one of few kids missing from NY from the 80s

I hope this case the ones like it have been reopened or at least looked into over the years. If police suspected people but couldn't prove anything at the time that could be different now. Like, did the mom's jealous ex commit anything similar or did they end up in jail or talking about the crime to someone? It seems like a really brazen kidnapping if it was the mom's ex. Maybe he had someone do it. Idk. If you thought an ex took your child even if the police dismissed it, wouldn't you be all over them? I don't know what I wouldn't do if I really believed a person had my kid. I wonder how strongly the mother felt about her ex as a suspect?

Jeremiah George Huger – The Charley Project

Jeremiah George Huger

• jeremiah_george_huger_1.jpg
  • huger_jeremiah2.jpg

• huger_jeremiah5.jpg
  • huger_jeremiah6.jpg
  • jeremiah_george_huger_2.jpg
Jeremiah, circa 1985; Age-progression to age 36 (circa 2016)

• Missing Since06/25/1985
  • Missing Fromthe Bronx, New York
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth12/10/1980 (38)
  • Age4 years old
  • Height and Weight3'6 - 3'7, 45 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA light blue shirt, dark blue shorts and white sneakers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jeremiah has a scar on his left forearm, about one and a half inches long. His left leg is bowlegged.
Details of Disappearance
Jeremiah was playing with friends in his family's yard at their residence on LaFontaine Avenue in the New York City borough of the Bronx on June 25, 1985.

An unidentified African-American male called to Jeremiah from the street; when Jeremiah approached him, the suspect grabbed him and disappeared. Neither of them have never been seen again.

Jeremiah's parents both became addicted to drugs after his disappearance; his mother has since entered recovery and is still searching for her son. Police believe he may have been sold after his abduction, but Jeremiah's mother believes he was taken by an abusive, jealous former boyfriend of hers who had previously threatened to abduct the child.

Little evidence is available in Jeremiah's case, which remains unsolved.

I suspect like I stated before that whoever grabbed him, knew him atleast by name. Since Jeremiah was only 4 at the time I also suspect that he could've been sold for adoption. If he's alive today he won't recall much of his life before abduction.

Shane Walker 2 1989 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) 2, 1989 Christopher Dansby 2 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) were also young black boys abducted by a black malre in parks, while these 2 cases are most likely connected it's possible Jeremiah could be too.

When it says he disappeared with a man is that based on kids descriptions? Was the man in a car or did they walk off together? If the mother believed an ex was involved hopefully he has been looked into. If an ex takes your kid for revenge that probably doesn't end well for the child does it? This could also have been a stranger abduction that was ignored because Jeremiah wasn't white or wasn't in the "right" neighborhood. I feel like a four year old white child being abducted from a sandbox would have been all over the news and you would see flyers everywhere. MOO

I know it was 35 years ago, but it's sad that this case isn't more well- known. I just learned of it today due to a posting on social media.

I hope his family will still find out what happened. It's tragic that justice wasn't served, the whole case very angering on different levels. Poor Jeremiah and his parents and grandparents.

From Jeremiah's NamUs link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Jeremiah was playing in his yard with other children when an unknown black male called to the child and then grabbed him. Jeremiah has a 1 1/2" scar on his left forearm. He was last seen wearing a light blue shirt, dark blue shorts, and white sneakers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back