NY NY - Jessica Corrales, 17, & Juan Flores, 1, Bronx, 24 Oct 2019

Bronx mom and 1-year-old son missing since Thursday, police say

Police describe the mother as standing about 5 feet, 1 inch tall, weighing around 170 lbs., with straight black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing dark-colored shorts and a light-colored t-shirt, the NYPD said.

Her baby son was last seen wearing a light-colored onesie, police said.

Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, downloading the NYPD Crime Stoppers mobile app, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. Spanish-speaking callers are asked to dial 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

Nobody is pushing this case. Its been radio silence on media update. Jessica Corrales is 17, and there is a 1 year old child with her. There doesn't seem to be anyone leading the charge. I'd like to know what her living situation was.

This article (https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/teen-mom-1-year-old-son-reported-missing-in-the-bronx-cops/) states: "Corrales had run away from previous homes in the past, police said."

Is she a foster? In a group home? Is she working/going to school through a program for NYC state housing? Where did she run from? Has she always been in New York? Is she a migrant child?

The article also states that the building doubled as a daycare but they weren't aware of whether she or her son attended there. Seems like an easy question to ask. She's 17, so she didn't necessarily have to be in school.

To paraphrase, NYC state education law allows that: Generally, students in New York can legally leave school after the last day of the academic year when they had their 16th birthday. Local laws can keep a child through their 16th year. I'm not sure what kind of situation she was living in, but if she was in care, would she be required to attend school? I'm not so familiar with the caveats of the NYC foster system.

Breaks my heart to see a kid with no one in their corner.

Nobody is pushing this case. Its been radio silence on media update. Jessica Corrales is 17, and there is a 1 year old child with her. There doesn't seem to be anyone leading the charge. I'd like to know what her living situation was.

This article (https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/teen-mom-1-year-old-son-reported-missing-in-the-bronx-cops/) states: "Corrales had run away from previous homes in the past, police said."

Is she a foster? In a group home? Is she working/going to school through a program for NYC state housing? Where did she run from? Has she always been in New York? Is she a migrant child?

The article also states that the building doubled as a daycare but they weren't aware of whether she or her son attended there. Seems like an easy question to ask. She's 17, so she didn't necessarily have to be in school.

To paraphrase, NYC state education law allows that: Generally, students in New York can legally leave school after the last day of the academic year when they had their 16th birthday. Local laws can keep a child through their 16th year. I'm not sure what kind of situation she was living in, but if she was in care, would she be required to attend school? I'm not so familiar with the caveats of the NYC foster system.

Breaks my heart to see a kid with no one in their corner.

I am unable to find anything new on this young mother and her child. I agree totally that this case as not been pushed. I get that NY is huge & people go missing all the time, but to be so young with a child while missing...it has to be a difficult situation to say the least.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back