GUILTY NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 - #3

The article you linked to doesn't say anything about a court date on June 6th??

Is it the next court date for LD & JR?? What about Max?

TIA! :wave:

you can query all the DEF appearances / charges / etc at webcrims

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2625.JPG
    IMG_2625.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 395
Google Alert I got:

Report: Murder suspect's surrogate dad selling apartment
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/pol...-suspect-s-surrogate-dad-selling-11181896.php

Celebrity jeweler Jeffrey Rackover, the surrogate father of one of two men accused of killing a Stamford man last year, is reportedly trying to sell his New York City apartment.

Rackover, a longtime friend of President Donald Trump, is asking nearly $2.5 million for the luxury Upper East Side apartment because his neighbors are upset that his surrogate son was charged with killing someone inside that building, according to the New York Post.
[.....]
The suspects are scheduled to return to court June 6.

I meant to add - for 2.5 million - you could buy a VERY nice house with property!!

:bump: up thread for hearing this coming Tuesday, June 6th!

It will be interesting to see how Larry's appearance has changed in the past three weeks. Jail time has not been kind to JR.

It will be interesting to see how Larry's appearance has changed in the past three weeks. Jail time has not been kind to JR.
I was thinking the same thing. Next picture of him will not be in a sharp suit. He will be in a tan sweatshirt and his hair will not be all slick. Glad he got indicted. He gets to stay out and party while James sits and rots and Joey's father suffers. For some reason I am glad James didnt go down alone. I live near Oceanport and when I drive past the florist, my heart aches for what happened to Joey. I hope they figure it out and justice gets served.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

No news on the hearing today??

TIA! :wave:

I just saw a tweet from Liz Skalka from the Stamford Advocate saying "no bail today for Lawrence Dilione"

Snip

“I’m f---ed,” the surrogate son of jeweler to the stars Jeffrey Rackover reportedly told an undercover cop as they sat side by side on a bench in the 13th Precinct stationhouse.

“My friend talked,” the accused murderer whined from the night of Nov. 15, into the early morning. “They wouldn’t know anything if he didn’t talk. [I had] a good life and now it’s over.”

When the undercover Midtown South Narcotics officer told Rackover that things would be “all right” and he would make bail, the suspect cut him off. “No bail for murder,” Rackover said.

The documents also revealed that Rackover’s friend and co-defendant Lawrence Dilione — in directing police to Comunale’s charred corpse — declared there was “enough
for the family to take home.”​

James Rackover, accused killer of Hofstra grad, allegedly revealed disturbing details to model pal in jail talks

<snip> A lawyer for 29-year-old Max Gemma, who is charged with helping the duo dispose of evidence and hindering prosecution, is arguing that the Manhattan district attorney should turn over anything they know about Ciamarra&#8217;s involvement in the case. It was not clear what if any information she has provided to prosecutors.

<snip> Gemma&#8217;s attorney, Mark Bederow, also disclosed in court papers that there was an &#8220;abundance of steroids, hypodermic needles, cocaine scales and marijuana&#8221; recovered from Rackover&#8217;s apartment. Gemma is free on $200,000 bail.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ecrets-model-pal-jail-talks-article-1.3233076

Interesting twist. I, actually, saw Ciamarra's post and a picture of the letter. It was up on the FB page for a while before she reacted to it.

Earlier this week, Rackover confessed to an undercover cop that he had a bout of “roid rage” and feared his buddies were fingering him for the murder. He complained to the disguised cop — who joined him on a bench at the 13th Precinct — that he “had a good life and now it’s over,” recently unsealed court papers revealed.

But his statements are likely inadmissible in court.

Incriminating admissions made by Rackover to the NYPD mole from the night of Nov. 15 into the next morning were likely taken illegally and will not be used by prosecutors, a rare voluntary decision that came to light on Tuesday.

In all other recorded statements to law enforcement and to The News, Rackover denied knowledge of Comunale’s whereabouts and claimed to have nothing to do with the killing that took place in his own home.

“I look forward to a trial in a courtroom, rather than on Facebook,” said Robert Caliendo, an attorney for Rackover said of his client’s contact with Ciamarra.

Caliendo also addressed the comments Rackover made while talking to the undercover cop.

“The supposed undercover-stationhouse-admission was out of context and unlawfully obtained. We have filed a motion to suppress those statements and predict they will not be used,” Caliendo said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ecrets-model-pal-jail-talks-article-1.3233076

Google Alert - sharing

Jeweler to star's helped cover up 'son'ss' murder: Lawsuit
http://nypost.com/2017/06/26/jeweler-to-the-stars-helped-cover-up-sons-murder-lawsuit/

Jeweler to the Stars&#8221; Jeffrey Rackover tried to help a young man he called his &#8220;son&#8221; cover up a grisly slaying in the swanky Upper East Side apartment he was renting for him, a new lawsuit filed by the victim&#8217;s dad alleges.
The 57-year-old diamond middleman gave paper towels and other cleaning supplies to James Rackover &#8212; with whom he allegedly shared a drug-fueled &#8220;intimate relationship&#8221; while claiming to be his &#8220;parent&#8221; &#8212; to sanitize the crime scene where Joseph Comunale was stabbed to death, the suit says.
[.....]
The new lawsuit says surveillance video shows Jeffrey &#8212; who lives on the 32nd floor &#8212; visiting James later that day in his fourth-floor apartment, which cops said was splattered with blood and which court papers say &#8220;smelled from cleaning chemicals and the stench of death&#8221; from Comunale&#8217;s &#8220;decomposing body.&#8221;
In addition, Jeffrey &#8212; whose A-list clients have included Oprah Winfrey, Diana Ross and President Trump &#8212; allegedly let James use his black 2015 Mercedes-Benz to haul Comunale&#8217;s corpse to Oceanport, NJ, where authorities say James and Dilione burned it and buried the remains in a shallow ditch.
[.....]
The suit, filed Sunday by Comunale&#8217;s father, Pat, alleges the elder Rackover was involved in an &#8220;intimate relationship&#8221; with James, who legally changed his last name from Beaudoin to Rackover in March 2015 after claiming to have learned Jeffrey was &#8220;my real father.&#8221;
Pat Comunale said he sued Jeffery Rackover to &#8220;get justice for my son&#8221; and &#8220;hold everybody involved accountable for this horrific crime.&#8221;
&#8220;These guys need to go away for a long time. All of them &#8212; and whoever else,&#8221; he told The Post.

In the early days of this case I had commented that the reason that this case progressed so fast was because Pat Comunale is the president of Global Security Solutions for Tri-Ed and the building was a Tri-Ed client. I based this thought on the fact that it would have been impossible for the NYPD to first obtain and then review over 36 hours of security camera footage from the building (the earliest reports included key details of observations made by "sources" who had reviewed the footage). It's been my belief from the start that Pat Comunale had his team review the footage and deliver their findings to NYPD on a silver platter; there's no other explanation.

I'd encourage folks to review the significant changes between the first comments and subsequent comments made by "Jeffrey Rackover friend/spokesperson" Bo Dietl; these are important in several ways. Most significantly is that in the initial comments Dietl places Jeffrey at the apartment early Sunday morning to take the dog out. Dietl emphasized that point initially but seems to have moved away from that talking point after it is clear to him that someone other than Dietl's NYPD sources have seen the footage. It is only then that Jeffrey Rackover completely distances himself from the entire ordeal and there seems to have been a suppression of news reports that prominently feature Jeffrey in the Comunale saga.

Normally my first reaction to a lawsuit like this is that it is a money-grab, however I do not believe that Pat Comunale gives a care about money -- based on the evidence that he has viewed the only thing Mr. Comunale is seeking is justice and this lawsuit is intended to pressure the District Attorney's Office into indicting Jeffrey Rackover as an accessory after the fact in the murder of his son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back