GUILTY NY - Kenneth White, 5, Berne, 18 Dec 2014

Thanks FindHG. I'm having difficulty watching the entire embedded video :(

I will try again when I can get to a computer.

What a sad day. This little angel, gone forever. That finality really reverberates. [emoji72]

The trend of twin boys that went missing over the last month or so (Malik Drummond, Kenneth White, Tristan Blue and Jayden Morrison) about took my breath away.

Although Jayden's loss wasn't due to violent circumstances, and Malik is still missing, it begs the question, "Why is this happening?"

As we gather together on these threads, to sleuth, and in some cases, to mourn, so many questions remain unanswered.

Tonight, I imagine these beautiful precious children in a better place - where they know they are loved, do not question if they are missed, and have no fears or wants. I send their twins and siblings left behind all the strength and love imaginable, because I can only begin to fathom what life is like on this earth without their loved ones. :heartluv:

I cry for this world our children are growing up in, and pray they find the skills to navigate through it safely into adulthood. They deserve to grow up and fulfill their potential. They deserve to have all these precious angels didn't.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife-to-be and I attended the viewing Saturday morning before the funeral service. (She wore a Spiderman shirt :) ). We didn't see any of the family there at that point, and I was a little surprised that there weren't more people there at that point. It was pretty obvious, and heart-warming in its way, to see that we were'nt the only non-family or friends to visit. Someone had taken the time to create a rather large dreamcatcher, with Spiderman woven into it. I thought that was a really sweet touch.

As a little rant...There were a lot of TV crews there. As we were walking back to our car, we were approached by a reporter who asked what our connection to Kenny was. I told her that we were there to pay our respects to this little man even though we didn't know him. She then asked how far we had travelled, and a few other questions, which I tried to answer politely. Finally she asked if we'd like to appear on camera. I told her no, that we just there to-at that point she turned and walked away, before I had even finished my sentence. It seemed really disrespectful to the whole service, but I guess everyone has to earn a paycheck. Sigh.

My wife-to-be and I attended the viewing Saturday morning before the funeral service. (She wore a Spiderman shirt :) ). We didn't see any of the family there at that point, and I was a little surprised that there weren't more people there at that point. It was pretty obvious, and heart-warming in its way, to see that we were'nt the only non-family or friends to visit. Someone had taken the time to create a rather large dreamcatcher, with Spiderman woven into it. I thought that was a really sweet touch.

As a little rant...There were a lot of TV crews there. As we were walking back to our car, we were approached by a reporter who asked what our connection to Kenny was. I told her that we were there to pay our respects to this little man even though we didn't know him. She then asked how far we had travelled, and a few other questions, which I tried to answer politely. Finally she asked if we'd like to appear on camera. I told her no, that we just there to-at that point she turned and walked away, before I had even finished my sentence. It seemed really disrespectful to the whole service, but I guess everyone has to earn a paycheck. Sigh.

shadowangel,

:tyou: from the bottom of my broken heart for attending Little Kenneth's service. What an amazing way to show this Forever Angel how much he's touched the lives of complete strangers, and in his own way, become the superhero he always wanted to be. Little Kenneth White has, and will continue to, change the world for the better. What hurts so very much is that it took his young life for this change to happen. :tears:

As for the reporter, my gosh that is vile. Paycheck or not, there is no excuse for treating anyone so callously. :no: IMO, it would have taken just a few more seconds to let you finish your thoughts - respectfully - thank you for your time, and then part ways.

This personifies so much to me. It highlights exactly what this case is all about. Some may not agree, but it seems like your preference for privacy (and it is your right, of course), meant the reporter "wasted" their time and the video and sound was useless. So, why bother to let you finish your thought? :pullhair: Did they not realize the whole reason everyone was there was Little Kenneth? That the way they treated you (disrespectfully) could be construed as a sign of disrespect to the little boy whose services they were being paid to cover? My word, so if it wasn't going to benefit them, then why bother?

That's the commonality that makes me want to scream! It shouldn't have been that way. It should have been about basic human respect. It should have been about the children first. If more people did that, maybe things would be different - very very different.

Sorry, my turn to rant :blushing:

Again, thank you for sharing your experiences of that day. You make me proud to be a :websleuther:

#JusticeForLittleKenneth

:candle:

Wow. Thank you for sharing your experience, taking the time, and being concerned enough to attend the viewing. You did exactly what I would have done were I as good as you, attended early and felt as you did about the interaction. Good to know how much people care and I appreciate it very much, from where I sit. A large Spiderman dreamcatcher, very interesting and neat somebody would do that. Whose dreams would it catch now, his sweet sisters'? Yes, agreed, a very sweet touch as was wearing the shirt.

Sheriff hopes for changes to DSS records Torie Wells reports on Monday, Dec 29, '14, 06:27 pm est

“We’re not looking for a heavy lift, I’m not looking to rewrite all the laws, we're just looking for an addendum there for public safety to access those records in an emergency circumstance,” said the Sheriff. “We're not talking about opening our records up every time we place a call, we're talking about emergency situation where we can access those records and follow it up with a court order.”

Our sweet sweet Kenneth...A New Year is upon us, a new beginning for most. Not for you sweet child.
Look down on your sisters, and keep them safe. It's going to be a a tough time for them.

Our sweet sweet Kenneth...A New Year is upon us, a new beginning for most. Not for you sweet child.
Look down on your sisters, and keep them safe. It's going to be a a tough time for them.

More people will know about Kenneth White in 2015 because he was brutally killed. Having his sisters, who were there as this went on, get a better chance at life may have been what he lived for. Maybe that and more will become apparent in 2015?

May this little Spidey rest in everlasting peace.

What is the mom sick with? I keep reading that her health was bad but haven't seen why. Thanks!

The trend of twin boys that went missing over the last month or so (Malik Drummond, Kenneth White, Tristan Blue and Jayden Morrison) about took my breath away.

Tristan Blue was a twin also? I hadn't read that.

Tristan Blue was a twin also? I hadn't read that.

You may be right. I could have sworn I read or saw it in an embedded video report, but I just tried to find a MSM link to confirm, and wasn't able to.

My apologies.

:(

Wow, 4 little male twins, all over a month? Wth?!!!

Thinking of Kenneth this cold, windy morning.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Kenneth White tributes collected for safekeeping
By Cathleen F. Crowley 5:26 pm, Mon Jan 5, '15
The group, called Kenneth's Army, came together in part because of their grief over Kenneth's death and anger that Kenneth and his siblings lived in such an unstable home.

[...]

"Something went horribly wrong here," said Michelle Fusco, a Knox resident and the driving force behind Kenneth's Army.

The group plans to raise money for Kenneth's sisters and advocate for laws to better protect children.

The Sheriff's Office has set up a fund for Kenneth's sisters, who are both in foster care. Apple said it has received more than $4,000 in donations.

Memorial for 5-Year-Old Kenneth White Removed, Death Still Resonates in Community
By: Katie Eastman 01/06/2015 10:31 pm

"Prosecutors say grand jury action Tiffany VanAlstyne's case could come as early as this week."

Michelle Fusco started a Facebook page to bring people feeling like her together. That page turned into Kenneth's Army- a group fighting for Kenneth's two sisters and trying to change laws around New York's child protective services.

"We're gonna help other children, we're going to hug other children. It's too late for Kenneth but maybe we can save another child," said Fusco.

Michelle's group partnered with the New York State Children's Foundation, a group that helps children in foster care. Eventually Sheriff Craig Apple would like to turn over the memorial fund to either Kenneth's Army or NYSCF.

Sheriff hopes laws that hindered Kenneth White investigation will be amended
By Anna Meiler 1/08/15 3:12 pm

Albany's Sheriff Apple, here states due to "huge roadblock from Child Protective Services" calls on the Assembly "to change CPS privacy laws for emergency situations when information is pertinent and a child's safety is at risk[,]" as "it’s hard to protect people and locate people and rescue people when you’re having a hindrance like this," and "to make sure that never happens again."

Albany Co. Sheriff calling for changes to law after Kenneth White case
By Amy Cutler Jan 8, '15, 4:16 pm

and the Sheriff goes on to state

[...]

“Is there a history of abuse? Is there anything like that? Any records of sexual, physical, combative. Anything to that effect? Threats?” explained Apple.

[...]

“I firmly believe that we had more than enough information and reasonable suspicion and probable cause, call it whatever you want, to have access to those files. This is something that is going to happen again. You pray to God it doesn’t, but it’s going to. I’ve been contacted by law enforcement members all across the state, including Montgomery County that has had an issue with Montgomery County in a similar circumstance.”

[...]

I don't remember if I said this but I approve of this.
But I guess it could be harmful too. Say a kid is really missing and cops se he's been abused by his family and they just think the family did something to him.

I have not checked in for awhile here. Was there another arrest? TIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member