Found Deceased NY - Kimberly Rouland, 32, Arcadia, 9 February 2015

Body ID'd
http://www.wham1180.com/articles/rochester-news-122742/body-identified-as-kimberly-rouland-13408710

Good friend (Dawn) thinks Kim was murdered. Dawn contacted Kim's husband Tom on Feb. 10, and he told her that Kim had gotten into a car with a guy sometime around 6 to 6:30 -- however, Kim had texted bf Adam (and he showed Dawn the text) from the bathroom of the trailer at 7:09. Tom later changed his story, leaving out the part about Kim getting into a car with a guy. Dawn said that Kim constantly texted Adam throughout the day -- if she went anywhere, she always would tell him. Kim had withdrawn more than $800 from her account on Monday to pay the new landlord. The move into her own apartment was part of the plan mandated by family court to get her children back -- she had to have her own apartment, a job, her own car, and pay her own bills.
http://fingerlakesdailynews.com/news/details.cfm?clientid=16&id=167049#.VQNksPx4qWs

Prayers for Kimberly and her family and friends...........May Lady Justice be swift and sure if she is needed.

Found "naked and in the fetal position".

I'm having a hard time thinking how you could murder someone and them end up in the fetal position, with no obvious trauma.

http://www.mpnnow.com/article/20150314/NEWS/150319733

Well, I'm having a harder time thinking how she could have ended up on the side of the road naked, with clothing nowhere in sight, and NOT have been murdered. Her being naked hints that she died in bed or in the bath. Fetal position could have been position she was in when she died (for instance, if poisoned) or her position in the car that took her there (depending on when rigor mortis set in).

I see what you're saying.

But I think poisoning would certainly come out in an autopsy, so that question will definitely be answered.

What is the snow situation like there right now? Could her clothing be buried under snow and be pretty close to her remains but so far unseen?

In my experience, people who would be under suspicion in a murder case don't dump remains right by the side of the road - they conceal them. Bodies found by the side of the road are accident victims or victims of vicious strangers - but of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

The fetal position is very specific - with the arms crooked up close to the body, knees on the chest, head tucked in. I don't know that someone transporting a body would be able to maintain that position for disposal.

Gruesome.

Jennifer Ramsaran (down in Chenango County) was disposed of, by her husband, in exactly the same way. Naked, and tossed down an embankment, about 10 feet off the road (and then covered with snow).

ETA: I had to go back and look it up, to see if I remembered right, but Jennifer Ramsaran also was found in a fetal position with "no visible signs of trauma." That didn't mean there wasn't trauma -- a more thorough examination revealed a severe hematoma to her brain and other injuries (those details didn't come out until the trial, about a year and a half later).

Snow is melting, slowly. Our daughter just found her phone that she lost in our yard last month. We have patches of grass -- esp. where the sun hits, but some of the snow that was piled up pretty high by plows and such is still melting.

It seems like there should be a preliminary autopsy by now - anyone heard anything at all?

I believe they're keeping the autopsy under wraps, perhaps for the same reason they did in the Ramsaran case.

I'm new to this case and just read through the thread last night. I got all caught up in the various players' FB pages and wanted to comment on some things...

The estranged husband, TL, says he last saw KR at 6:30pm on 2/9
The new boyfriend, AS, says he received a text from KL, which indicated she was still at home, in the bathroom, fearful of being caught by TL while texting AS, at 7:07pm (possibly 7:09pm) on 2/9
There is indication that her phone's last communication (be it text, ping, whatever) was at 12:40am on 2/10

On AS's FB page, there is an interesting post on 2/10, IF you believe KL was dead just after midnight AND you believe in ghosts.

He also mentions on 2/21 something about not letting loved ones walk 8-9 miles home when drunk and it's ramifications.

The most surprising behavior, to me, is AS (and DJC) getting a tattoo indicating the date and time of the last time he spoke to KL by 2/15 when there had been no indication (at least in MSM) she wasn't coming home. Her body wasn't discovered until 3/11. It just seems a bit premature based on what I know (which, granted, isn't much).

From the get go, he certainly is vociferous in his protestations about who is responsible for KL's disappearance and untimely death.

The estranged husband, TL's, online behavior is a bit more sporadic, distanced and interesting to me. He, too, posts info about KL missing on his own page. He begins by liking some posts on her page after her disappearance but stops on 3/1, after his one post, and only comes back to her page to post funeral arrangements. Maybe his "lawyering up" would explain his sudden exit from her FB page. I'll have to check the dates.

We have seen a quite a few cases on WS which have involved hypothermia and the, what we see as inexplicable, removal of clothes. Playing devil's advocate, I can see how KL could have been walking home, slipped off the side of the road, got stuck down in the ravine, hypothermia set in, she removed her clothes, kept walking and, when she couldn't continue, curled up in a fetal position and passed away.

However, didn't the woman who found her say she was caught up in a tree? That would indicate more to me that she was tossed down the ravine already naked and landed in the tree. But, how can one be in a fetal position when in a tree? So perplexing!

I'm not sure where I'm going with these random thoughts but I wanted to mention what has stood out to me.

Imo,she could have been knocked unconscious and dumped.Because she was found in the fetal position might indicate she came to but died from exposure. Just throwing it out there...

Imo,she could have been knocked unconscious and dumped.Because she was found in the fetal position might indicate she came to but died from exposure. Just throwing it out there...

That would show up in an autopsy - recent concussion.

Of course, that might have happened and they're waiting for tox screen just to tidy things up. Usually, in cases like that, a preliminary cause of death is released "pending final toxicology tests".

I'm new to this case and just read through the thread last night. I got all caught up in the various players' FB pages and wanted to comment on some things...

The estranged husband, TL, says he last saw KR at 6:30pm on 2/9
The new boyfriend, AS, says he received a text from KL, which indicated she was still at home, in the bathroom, fearful of being caught by TL while texting AS, at 7:07pm (possibly 7:09pm) on 2/9
There is indication that her phone's last communication (be it text, ping, whatever) was at 12:40am on 2/10

On AS's FB page, there is an interesting post on 2/10, IF you believe KL was dead just after midnight AND you believe in ghosts.

He also mentions on 2/21 something about not letting loved ones walk 8-9 miles home when drunk and it's ramifications.

The most surprising behavior, to me, is AS (and DJC) getting a tattoo indicating the date and time of the last time he spoke to KL by 2/15 when there had been no indication (at least in MSM) she wasn't coming home. Her body wasn't discovered until 3/11. It just seems a bit premature based on what I know (which, granted, isn't much).

From the get go, he certainly is vociferous in his protestations about who is responsible for KL's disappearance and untimely death.

The estranged husband, TL's, online behavior is a bit more sporadic, distanced and interesting to me. He, too, posts info about KL missing on his own page. He begins by liking some posts on her page after her disappearance but stops on 3/1, after his one post, and only comes back to her page to post funeral arrangements. Maybe his "lawyering up" would explain his sudden exit from her FB page. I'll have to check the dates.

We have seen a quite a few cases on WS which have involved hypothermia and the, what we see as inexplicable, removal of clothes. Playing devil's advocate, I can see how KL could have been walking home, slipped off the side of the road, got stuck down in the ravine, hypothermia set in, she removed her clothes, kept walking and, when she couldn't continue, curled up in a fetal position and passed away.

However, didn't the woman who found her say she was caught up in a tree? That would indicate more to me that she was tossed down the ravine already naked and landed in the tree. But, how can one be in a fetal position when in a tree? So perplexing!

I'm not sure where I'm going with these random thoughts but I wanted to mention what has stood out to me.

As far as the boyfriend and the good friend getting tattoos -- I think in their minds, enough time had gone by with no communication from Kim for them to presume her dead. Especially since the husband had changed his story from what he told Kim's girlfriend and the neighbor, and what he told police. And the husband's timeline not meshing with the text received by bf. The bf was at work the night Kim went missing, so off the hook as far as a suspect (in my book, at least).

I could kinda see a scenario where, after fighting with Tom about money, Kim walks off in a huff. Goes for a walk down the road, and succumbs to hypothermia. The snow has melted enough now, though, for her clothes to be found, I would think. Plus, that scenario doesn't account for husband changing his story from "she left in a car with a guy" to "she told me she was going to meet someone." Nor does it account for that text sent from bathroom at least 1/2 hour after husband said she left.

As I mentioned above, Jennifer Ramsaran was found on the side of the road, down an embankment, in a fetal position. LE believe she died at home -- perhaps in bed or in the bathroom. The autopsy results showed an injury to her head, and defensive wounds on hands, etc. No means of death was given, but COD was homicide. The injuries on the autopsy was not released to media until the trial.

If a person died in the fetal position (for instance, curling up to protect themselves from injury, or slumped in the shower, or, in their sleep after being OD'd on some med), or if the person was put into a confined place very soon after death (a box, the shower, etc.) rigor mortis sets in fairly quickly -- even after an hour it would be very difficult to dress a naked body. After several hours, the body would stiffen in the position it was in when the person died. If, say, Kim died at home shortly after 7 PM, her killer would have had to wait several hours to try to dispose her body (when folks in the neighboring trailers had gone to bed), so he would have had to transport her in the position in which she was when rigor mortis set in, and that position would remain when she was tossed down the embankment. Her body would have frozen quickly into that position, and remained that way until she was found. Sorry to be indelicate.

I wonder what happened to the money she withdrew from the bank before she died? Her friend said it was over $800 -- to pay for the apartment the next day.

As far as the boyfriend and the good friend getting tattoos -- I think in their minds, enough time had gone by with no communication from Kim for them to presume her dead. Especially since the husband had changed his story from what he told Kim's girlfriend and the neighbor, and what he told police. And the husband's timeline not meshing with the text received by bf. The bf was at work the night Kim went missing, so off the hook as far as a suspect (in my book, at least).

I could kinda see a scenario where, after fighting with Tom about money, Kim walks off in a huff. Goes for a walk down the road, and succumbs to hypothermia. The snow has melted enough now, though, for her clothes to be found, I would think. Plus, that scenario doesn't account for husband changing his story from "she left in a car with a guy" to "she told me she was going to meet someone." Nor does it account for that text sent from bathroom at least 1/2 hour after husband said she left.

As I mentioned above, Jennifer Ramsaran was found on the side of the road, down an embankment, in a fetal position. LE believe she died at home -- perhaps in bed or in the bathroom. The autopsy results showed an injury to her head, and defensive wounds on hands, etc. No means of death was given, but COD was homicide. The injuries on the autopsy was not released to media until the trial.

If a person died in the fetal position (for instance, curling up to protect themselves from injury, or slumped in the shower, or, in their sleep after being OD'd on some med), or if the person was put into a confined place very soon after death (a box, the shower, etc.) rigor mortis sets in fairly quickly -- even after an hour it would be very difficult to dress a naked body. After several hours, the body would stiffen in the position it was in when the person died. If, say, Kim died at home shortly after 7 PM, her killer would have had to wait several hours to try to dispose her body (when folks in the neighboring trailers had gone to bed), so he would have had to transport her in the position in which she was when rigor mortis set in, and that position would remain when she was tossed down the embankment. Her body would have frozen quickly into that position, and remained that way until she was found. Sorry to be indelicate.

Totally with you, Abigail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back