NY NY - Brooklyn, Newtown Creek @ N Henry St, WhtFem 20-50, UP8295, inside oil drum, May'92

IN - IN - Kimberly Coleman, 22, South Bend, 1 November 1991
Thumbnail

Kimberly Coleman
Female
Black / African American

Date of Last Contact: November 1, 1991
Missing From: South Bend, Indiana

Missing Age: 22 Years
Current Age: 50 Years

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age: 22 Years
Current Age: 50 Years

First Name: Kimberly
Middle Name: --
Last Name: Coleman
Nickname/Alias: --

Sex: Female
Height: 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight: 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American

Attachments

• BC33187D-614A-49E5-8555-A2117CCF18B7.jpeg
    BC33187D-614A-49E5-8555-A2117CCF18B7.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
PA - PA- Lisa Michelle Davis, 26, Pittsburgh, January 1, 1991

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP76013Lisa Michelle Davis, Female, Multiple
Date of Last ContactJanuary 1, 1991
Missing FromPittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Demographics
Missing Age26 Years
Current Age56 Years

First Name Lisa
Middle NameMichelle
Last NameDavis

Nickname/AliasLisa Michelle Harris, Lisa Davis Harris

SexFemale
Height5' 8" (68 Inches)
Weight145 lbs

Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian, Black / African American

Attachments

• CE80832C-C6A6-4AB5-B3E5-57F802A4F388.jpeg
    CE80832C-C6A6-4AB5-B3E5-57F802A4F388.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hm, the author of the blog post you are quoting seem to mix up Jane Doe #6 and Jane Doe #9's information. Most sources seem to state that Rifkin dumped Jane Doe #6 into either East River or Harlem River from South Bronx, while Jane Doe #9 was dumped into Newtown Creek from Brooklyn.

Thanks Mrs. Badcrumble for being sharp as a razor...as always (saying this in a loving way)

@madamx Don't want to sound offensive but I thought this Jane Doe was described as a Caucasian woman. Is there other info I missed to make you choose for Kimberly Coleman (who had -in contrast with what is listed in the file- according to her family an African-American mother and a Caucasian father, which would make her race multiple/mixed) and Lisa Michelle Davis (mixed race and in my eyes also looks to have Asian blood)

Thanks Mrs. Badcrumble for being sharp as a razor...as always (saying this in a loving way)
No offence taken; we have a similar idiom as well! :D

I was going through various sources for when I was creating a WS thread for Jane Doe Number Six, who has never been found (for all we know), and noticed that the author in that link had gotten his information mixed up, adding confusion to how many Jane Does there are, how many were put in barrels, and where they were dumped off from.

Number Six' WS thread:
NY - NY - Manhattan, 'Number Six' UnkFem, UnkAge, SK victim in 55-gallon oil drum, not recovered, Dec'91

@madamx Don't want to sound offensive but I thought this Jane Doe was described as a Caucasian woman. Is there other info I missed to make you choose for Kimberly Coleman (who had -in contrast with what is listed in the file- according to her family an African-American mother and a Caucasian father, which would make her race multiple/mixed) and Lisa Michelle Davis (mixed race and in my eyes also looks to have Asian blood)
From one of the sources I was going through, I remember reading that Rifkin preferred Caucasian and Hispanic women and that his victims reflected this mostly (the odd one out was Yun Lee, who was of Korean descent).

Last edited:

Oh BitofHope..Offensive ha!.. Love it.. no worries..it takes a lot to offend me hahaha I am old school!

Anyhoo...
Ok I picked these women because of their height.

I picked them also because they had similar looks to some of the women Rifkin killed.

I picked these women for their time frame of disappearance .

I picked these women even though out of state, Rifkin had killed a couple that came from out of state. Seems like a lot of women out of state women end up in NYC.

I also picked these women because even though it says Caucasian you never know.. we are only guided by what the person on the other end wrote on the paper. I mean one of the victims Barbara Jacobs was strangled and dumped in the river in bags and a box and cops put her down as a drug overdose. It was when Rifkin mentioned he killed her they changed it. So with that all in mind.. and without having a recon I just pick out women I feel would fit the lady found in the oil drum near my house!
Below I put photos of some of the women Rifkin killed that had the same look as Kimberly and Lisa Michelle.

Attachments

• 0032FFEA-F6B8-4D1C-A90B-22977D978D64.png
    0032FFEA-F6B8-4D1C-A90B-22977D978D64.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 1
  • EA1A1674-993B-41CA-A4F1-C84C15F55B1C.png
    EA1A1674-993B-41CA-A4F1-C84C15F55B1C.png
    276.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 160FB1AC-3959-4734-B128-90E502D04173.png
    160FB1AC-3959-4734-B128-90E502D04173.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 73FAC15F-E7DE-445A-85E0-69D1A3329EF8.jpeg
    73FAC15F-E7DE-445A-85E0-69D1A3329EF8.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AB6970A2-BDE0-4EFB-87E8-DDF1C5CB5B1F.jpeg
    AB6970A2-BDE0-4EFB-87E8-DDF1C5CB5B1F.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Oh BitofHope..Offensive ha!.. Love it.. no worries..it takes a lot to offend me hahaha I am old school!

Anyhoo...
Ok I picked these women because of their height.

I picked them also because they had similar looks to some of the women Rifkin killed.

I picked these women for their time frame of disappearance .

I picked these women even though out of state, Rifkin had killed a couple that came from out of state. Seems like a lot of women out of state women end up in NYC.

I also picked these women because even though it says Caucasian you never know.. we are only guided by what the person on the other end wrote on the paper. I mean one of the victims Barbara Jacobs was strangled and dumped in the river in bags and a box and cops put her down as a drug overdose. It was when Rifkin mentioned he killed her they changed it. So with that all in mind.. and without having a recon I just pick out women I feel would fit the lady found in the oil drum near my house!
Below I put photos of some of the women Rifkin killed that had the same look as Kimberly and Lisa Michelle.

Ok. I think I get it....actually not that off choices....I reconsidered.

Sorry if I have confused anyone on the thread as I confused myself in the process!! There are too many sources and articles with different information on both the Newtown Creek Drum and the Mystery Harlem River drum.

Also I believe all the women in the oil drums were picked up and thrown in the water in the winter when it was cold and I believe they all popped up around the same time because this is when the waters get warm and all bodies that have been dumped in the water the winter before begin to float back up.

Success breeds repetition. One week after he killed Lorraine Orvieto, on January 2, 1992, Rifkin went hunting again. At 39, Mary Ann Holloman was his oldest victim, an addict who sewed personalized G-strings for strippers when she wasnt working the streets. Rifkin drove her to the same parking lot where he had taken Yun Lee and strangled her during fellatio. Later, he recalled the act as very automatic. Not much with that one. He followed the same disposal procedure as with Orvieto: back to Long Island, the oil drum and Coney Island Creek.

An anonymous caller reported Hollomans floating remains to police on July 9, 1992, two days before Orvietos corpse was found. Unlike Orvieto, Holloman was identified from dental records and returned to her family for burial. Two floaters in as many days suggested a serial killer at large, but New York police had their hands full with 2,000 murders a year in those days, and junkie prostitutes were never high priority.

Rifkins ninth victim, ironically, surfaced before numbers seven and eight.

He was vague on the details in later confessions, unable to recall the womans name, if he had ever known it. He remembered her tattoos, a pickup in Manhattan,
and the way she fought for life when he began to strangle her.

She followed Mary Holloman, sometime that winter, dismembered remains consigned to the last of Rifkins oil drums. He dropped her into Brooklyns Newtown Creek, where she was spotted floating with the current, foot protruding from the rusty barrel, on May 13, 1992.

The cocaine in her system prompted detectives to brand her a drug mule, killed accidentally by the rupture of drug-filled condoms in her stomach. Police learned their mistake a year later, when Rifkin confessed to her slaying, but number nine remains anonymous, the last Jane Doe.

Seems that according to Rifkin the unidentified 9 victim had tattoos. I have read that he remember them but I have not read anyplace what they are, how many or where on the body they are.

This is a link to the other unidentified woman left by Rifkin she would be
number 6

NY - NY - Brooklyn, Newtown Creek @ N Henry St, WhtFem 20-50, UP8295, inside oil drum, May'92
Pretty sure you meant to link to Number Six’ WS thread:

Pretty sure you meant to link to Number Six’ WS thread:
Omg! Yes oh Mrs Badcrumble this is not the first time I get these mixed up! Omg thank you!

NamUs UP 8295
Unidentified White Female
Found May 13, 1992 in Kings County, NY
Body Condition: Not recognizable- Decomposing/putrefaction
Probable year of death: 1991 to 1992
Estimated postmortem interval: Months
Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-50
Approximate Height: 67 estimate.
Approximate Weight: 140 estimate.
Hair Color: brown long
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: left ovary enlarged due to a dermoid cyst
Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: Nothing.
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing
Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample is currently not available
Case History: Unknown white female was found in a 55 gallon oil drum. The drum was floating in Newtown Creek at North Henry street, and found by sanitation workers.
Estimated age: 20-50
Approximate Height: 67 estimate.
Approximate Weight: 140 estimate.
Hair Color: brown long
Eye Color: Unknown
Fingerprints: Fingerprint is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample is currently not available
Case History: Unknown white female was found in a 55 gallon oil drum. The drum was floating in Newtown Creek at North Henry street, and found by sanitation workers.
I wonder if they have been able to get her DNA. I also wonder if @othram would be interested in her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back