NY NY - Leslie, 29, Julie, 6, & Timothy Guthrie, 3, drove away from home, Katonah, 6 Feb 1977

The AWP video is now free to watch on YouTube (paid members just get access to them a little earlier than the general public but they're all available free of charge eventually).

A new members' only video was posted to the AWP channel. But the description is interesting:

"Recently, we uncovered a new lead: Leslie made a phone call to her Uncle Billy, who worked at the Air National Guard at Westchester County Airport. This call, the last known contact with Leslie, has redirected our search efforts to specific areas, including Route 100 and Crowhill Road in Mount Kisco."

Here's the video:

Thanks for sharing! The airport is near where her mom lived and IBM... I wonder what led them to believe she would have taken 100 or Crowhill road. I suppose she could have taken the Saw Mill the Reader's Digest exit in Chappaqua (near Mt. Kisco) and then taken Bedford Road to King Street. King Street (Rt. 120) goes right to the airport entrance (I think that little section was reworked a little not very long ago, but that's how it would have been in the 1970s). Rt. 120 is hilly, winding, narrow at spots, and very difficult in the snow.

I wish Google or one of the big satellite companies would at least let the authorities select an area and really zoom in to see if a vehicle was in a wooded area or in a shallower body of water. Could be so helpful to cover that much ground with an ariel view.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you all. I really wish this website would alert me when someone responds to something I have posted.

Having said this, the video contains a TON of conversation between Jared and Leslie's sister. Her sister mentioned that Leslie had a friend in Ohio whom she may have decided to visit, which led the AWP team to search other bodies of water. Additionally, Leslie's sister mentioned an Uncle who had spoken to Leslie prior to her disappearance and there was a chance that Leslie went to visit him, which put AWP on yet another path. There is just SO much water around Katonah and surrounding areas.

For me, it is terribly hard to determine search areas when no one seems to know where the heck she was going that day. I have always resigned myself to the fact that she had to pick up her Mom in Armonk that afternoon. Now, that "known" has become much more gray. Also, I have been donating my $4.99/month to AWP since 2020. I know that not everyone can afford this, but AWP has solved so many cases since my joining them that I am more than OK with the money that I send them. Not to mention, Jared listens. The only reason he is on this case is because he listened to me and WebSleuths. Pleas keep in mind that AWP has also investigated 3 other cases that I sent to them from this website.

I wish Google or one of the big satellite companies would at least let the authorities select an area and really zoom in to see if a vehicle was in a wooded area or in a shallower body of water. Could be so helpful to cover that much ground with an ariel view.
This is a great idea for a recent loss. Sadly, with the heavy vehicle that Leslie was driving and the date of the loss, I am not sure this would help.

The area past Crow Hill and Route 100 is desolate, even now it feels like the middle of nowhere even though it's not. Especially around the bend after passing Saw Mill Rd, and certainly in the middle of a storm in the 70s. There are many areas where the road is close to the water.

Guardrails wouldn't be the same (if they were even there) back then, much like the area past where 120 meets Nanny Hagen. A local who wanted to take 100 towards the IBM to stay off the perceived more dangerous 684, might indeed take it to Millwood and then come through Chappaqua up King Street (120) on to Armonk. There are parts of that stretch basically at the water's edge, if she slid out where the ice was frozen solid along the shore and then broke through further in, they wouldn't be found w/o AWP type effort.

I just received another message from Jared/AWP. They hope to return to search again for Leslie and her children in the summer or fall of 2024.
Did they say where they will center their search?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back