NY - Letterman: I faced extortion over sexual affairs

Creating a hostile work environment is also against the law; it's not "just" a moral issue.

Hoppy

I agree, but that is something we have no idea was created by DL at this moment. All we know is that he admitted being with other women. There has been no accusations by any of these women as of yet. As of now, these are the facts that have been presented to us. If there is more, I have no doubt we will find out soon enough.

My sympathy for DL is nil. The extortionist will get his due, but the bottom line is this: If DL hadn't made the choices he did, he never would be in this position to begin with. End of story.

I worked with this producer. Joe Halderman. It was in 2004.

In 2004 the Ramsey case was still somewhat hot so 48 Hours would fall at Professor Michael Tracey's feet whenever he would make one of his propoganda JonBenet Ramsey mockumentaries. Tracey had made a new "documentary" with the understanding 48 Hours would give him air time.

At the time Tracey's latest mock was shown in Europe and was scheduled to be shown in the U.S. Leading up to that showing was to be a full hour on 48 hours with Tracey as the star

At our sister forum, Forums for Justice.org we were able to prove without a shadow of a doubt that Tracey's 2004 doc was a croc. Full of lies. This was long before Tracey brough John Mark Karr into our lives.

As was Tracey M.O. he hid the truth by trying to hide the identity of the man he was accusing

We were able to prove that his "Mystery suspect" was a man who was in Indiana at the time of the killing and the D.A's office in Boulder NEVER considered him a suspect.

One of our members saw the doc first in Scotland, she taped it, and when Tracey showed this mystery perp's police record our member was able to get the police report number. From there we were able to identify this guy (who had nothing to do with the murder) and warn him.

Tracey has said in an interview that not blacking out that police report number was his biggest mistake. I bet he feels that way. We caught him literally and boldly accusing an innocent man of a murder so he could make money.

Loooong story but this leads me to Joe Halderman.

When we found out Tracey's doc was based on a bald faced lie I called 48 Hours and was put in touch with Joe. He was a complete JERK. OMG he was awful. We showed him the evidence and he STILL thought he had a great story about this innocent person.

Well, we talked a lot over the next month or so and he actually turned out to be a very nice guy. 48 Hours never did their story about this innocent man and Michael Tracey never made any money in the U.S. based on his phony story.

Back to Joe. The reason he was such a jerk the first few times, and I mean a rude and horrible jerk, must have been because he saw months of work and pre-interviews go down the drain with my phone call.

All of our correspondance is on one of my 378 laptops that no longer work. We talked on the phone too.

Halderman was wound pretty darn tight I can tell you that.

Oh, and to my stalkers that will foam at the mouth to try and confirm this I doubt Halderman remembers me since he has bigger issues to worry about. Plus it was 5 years ago. I didn't remember him until the press started writing "joe" in his name. I didn't recognize "Robert Halderman." His middle name is Joe and that is what he goes by.

What is fried in my brain is how stunned I was when during our first phone call he started yelling at me, "who are you? Who the **** are you?" I asked to speak to someone else rather than him because he had too much of a "prickly personality." I remember saying that to him. Just made him madder. LOL.

Eventually, he calmed down and was very sweet. I'm sorry to hear about his arrest. With the exception of our first few communications I found him to be professional. Unfortunately, he still had no problem giving Michael Tracey air time about other Ramsey related issues.

That's what I don't get. After we proved to Halderman what a liar Tracey was he still produced 48 Hours shows that featured Tracey and his "work" on the JBR case. You would think 48 Hours and Joe would have had the integrity to kick this guy to the curb.

If you want to read about how a bunch of Internet posters actually got the truth out and exposed Tracey you can do that [ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249"]right here. [/ame]

I am not going to excuse this guys "behaviour", but I do think it's very important to remember that DL is a victim of an extortion crime. Can we discuss moral ethics, yes. But, it should never be forgotten that an attempt was made for $2 million dollars.

Two separate issues here. Moral ethic and pure crime. I do not think the two should be blended into one. For me, it's kinda like blaming a prostitute that she was raped. A fine line that should not be crossed when a crime is committed. A victim is a victim no matter what their history is. Just say'in. :)

IMVHO, of course.

Firstly, let me say.. EEEWWWWW.. gross . Like having sex with a chucky doll or howdy doody..IMHO

Neither of these guys is right.. they are both in the wrong.. and both breaking the law. DL for the hostile work environment and the RH for blackmail..
na d while in theory I am glad Dl came forth with the truth and didnt play into the blackmail that doesnt negate his own wrong doings..

Just because people are having sex with co-workers, doesn't mean there was a hostile work environment. Different offices have different policies - The president of my company married an accountant at my company, and they now have 3 kids, and have been together about 12 years. Come to think of it, we have at least 4 married couples in our office that met at the office - one was prev. married.
Relationships in the office do not automatically = hostile working environment, and assuming that it happened in this case is a stretch. Heck, the woman thought enough of the experience to write about it in her journal :p
And for all we know, Letterman & his then SO, now wife may have an open relationship - lots of people do.

According to tonight's show, Dave's wife is none too happy with his behavior and he said he was trying hard to fix it. That it might work and might not.

Wonder if that confirms that these were indeed extra-marital affairs.

According to tonight's show, Dave's wife is none too happy with his behavior and he said he was trying hard to fix it. That it might work and might not.

Reportedly his staff said she'd come out with a statement of support... that hasn't happened. Guess she's not doing the traditional stand-by-your-man. Good for her!

Although I don't have the backup at hand, I read one of Dave's affairs lasted over 5 years and the other over 1 year. Although he wasn't married, he had been with his now-wife for the last 23 years.

I guess she's been with him long enough to get a good chuck of change and child support if it doesn't work out. I'm not saying that's the reason she isn't issuing a statement about standing by her man. She's not a public figure and in my opinion she doesn't owe anyone a public statement. He made it public because he figured it was going to be found out anyway, after that it's a private affair (no pun intended).

There's a reason he didn't marry her earlier in their relationship. We know what that is now. It's much easier to cheat on a significant other than a spouse (especially if you're wealthy). I never did buy that old line about "it's just a piece of paper".

I know he's the victim of a crime, allegedly, but this does honestly make me think a little less of him. I hate that, and I would have hated it worse a couple years ago. I am a bit of a lapsed fan. He's gotten a little bitter and political the last couple years. Still, I love the Dave from several years ago.

People on my FB were like "Oh, whatever. Men cheat all the time..." and rattled off all these politicians' names. As if it's some kind of 'safety in numbers' defense. And to me, it just reminded me of how much Dave lambasted them for doing the same thing. I do mean lambasted, too. Repetitive, acerbic jokes that sometimes crossed the line from funny to editorial.

I don't know. I'm having a hard time with this one. Dave used to be one of my very favorite people. Now he's just another dirty older man trying to talk around a serious issue and it makes me sad.

Haven't they only been married since March? I'm betting that most of this activity, if not all, occurred before the marriage. However, they've been in a committed relationship for the last 20 years and even have a child together, so it's understandable that she would feel just as betrayed.

I worked with this producer. Joe Halderman. It was in 2004.

In 2004 the Ramsey case was still somewhat hot so 48 Hours would fall at Professor Michael Tracey's feet whenever he would make one of his propoganda JonBenet Ramsey mockumentaries. Tracey had made a new "documentary" with the understanding 48 Hours would give him air time.

At the time Tracey's latest mock was shown in Europe and was scheduled to be shown in the U.S. Leading up to that showing was to be a full hour on 48 hours with Tracey as the star

At our sister forum, Forums for Justice.org we were able to prove without a shadow of a doubt that Tracey's 2004 doc was a croc. Full of lies. This was long before Tracey brough John Mark Karr into our lives.

As was Tracey M.O. he hid the truth by trying to hide the identity of the man he was accusing

We were able to prove that his "Mystery suspect" was a man who was in Indiana at the time of the killing and the D.A's office in Boulder NEVER considered him a suspect.

One of our members saw the doc first in Scotland, she taped it, and when Tracey showed this mystery perp's police record our member was able to get the police report number. From there we were able to identify this guy (who had nothing to do with the murder) and warn him.

Tracey has said in an interview that not blacking out that police report number was his biggest mistake. I bet he feels that way. We caught him literally and boldly accusing an innocent man of a murder so he could make money.

Loooong story but this leads me to Joe Halderman.

When we found out Tracey's doc was based on a bald faced lie I called 48 Hours and was put in touch with Joe. He was a complete JERK. OMG he was awful. We showed him the evidence and he STILL thought he had a great story about this innocent person.

Well, we talked a lot over the next month or so and he actually turned out to be a very nice guy. 48 Hours never did their story about this innocent man and Michael Tracey never made any money in the U.S. based on his phony story.

Back to Joe. The reason he was such a jerk the first few times, and I mean a rude and horrible jerk, must have been because he saw months of work and pre-interviews go down the drain with my phone call.

All of our correspondance is on one of my 378 laptops that no longer work. We talked on the phone too.

Halderman was wound pretty darn tight I can tell you that.

Oh, and to my stalkers that will foam at the mouth to try and confirm this I doubt Halderman remembers me since he has bigger issues to worry about. Plus it was 5 years ago. I didn't remember him until the press started writing "joe" in his name. I didn't recognize "Robert Halderman." His middle name is Joe and that is what he goes by.

What is fried in my brain is how stunned I was when during our first phone call he started yelling at me, "who are you? Who the **** are you?" I asked to speak to someone else rather than him because he had too much of a "prickly personality." I remember saying that to him. Just made him madder. LOL.

Eventually, he calmed down and was very sweet. I'm sorry to hear about his arrest. With the exception of our first few communications I found him to be professional. Unfortunately, he still had no problem giving Michael Tracey air time about other Ramsey related issues.

That's what I don't get. After we proved to Halderman what a liar Tracey was he still produced 48 Hours shows that featured Tracey and his "work" on the JBR case. You would think 48 Hours and Joe would have had the integrity to kick this guy to the curb.

If you want to read about how a bunch of Internet posters actually got the truth out and exposed Tracey you can do that right here.

Yep, Tricia, I not only remember it but documented it also. You did good! :) Why 48 Hours continued to sponsor Michael Tracey's crap regarding the JonBenet Ramsey case is beyond me but thanks to YOU, at least Fox News, Geraldo and the Peter Boyles (630khow) radio show in Denver covered the story and including Alan Prendergast of Westword Magazine in Colorado and Tony Ortega of the Broward-Palm Beach New Times in Florida.

"Flight755 15th Street - John Stephen Gigax"
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-john-stephen-gigax.htm

ACR

Yep, Tricia, I not only remember it but documented it also. You did good! :) Why 48 Hours continued to sponsor Michael Tracey's crap regarding the JonBenet Ramsey case is beyond me but thanks to YOU, at least Fox News, Geraldo and the Peter Boyles (630khow) radio show in Denver covered the story and including Alan Prendergast of Westword Magazine in Colorado and Tony Ortega of the Broward-Palm Beach New Times in Florida.

"Flight755 15th Street - John Stephen Gigax"
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-john-stephen-gigax.htm

ACR

OH MY GOD A CANDY ROSE. I LOVE YOU.

My friends if you want to read the most incredible true crime website go to www.acandyrose.com She has every document known to man. In fact I think she has some cave drawings relating back to crime during B.C.LOL

A Candy Rose is a true advocate for all crime victims. Again you have to read at her website www.acandyrose.com

WOW. Who would have thought the man (Halderman) that gave me so much hell, tried to make me feel like dirt, refused to believe me but would believe a liar like Michael Tracey, would end up like this.

Since I am a certified armchair psychiatrist I can tell you that there is no doubt Halderman is very egotistical. Thinking back on our many calls I can see how he would think he was smarter than anyone else and could pull this off.

He did, toward the end, become very nice and sweet to me but only when he realized I was right and he was wrong. Now that I think about it. l

I love you ACR. You are my hero. l

www.acandyrose.com

Tricia

The Letterman Saga is getting hotter - wonder how Dave will handle tonight's monologue.

"Birkitt's diary revealed that she and Letterman enjoyed romantic hikes last fall at his sprawling ranch in eastern Montana -- where he was married in March -- while her boyfriend Robert "Joe" Halderman stayed home in Connecticut.."

http://www.popeater.com/2009/10/06/...ffair-diary-stephanie-birkitt-extortion-plot/

BBM

Romantic... Dave Letterman... Romantic... Dave Letterman...

Are those terms in English? Cause I'm not following any of this...

People on my FB were like "Oh, whatever. Men cheat all the time..." and rattled off all these politicians' names. As if it's some kind of 'safety in numbers' defense. And to me, it just reminded me of how much Dave lambasted them for doing the same thing. I do mean lambasted, too. Repetitive, acerbic jokes that sometimes crossed the line from funny to editorial.

Respectfully snipped...

You know its funny how folks think its no big deal or to be expected .. until its their spouse, or significant other.. then the story changes as does their perspective.

By the time the Letterman fiasco ends, he may have wished he paid the two million dollars. A divorce? Child support? What if staffers sued for sexual harrassment? Declining ratings?

Honestly, I have no sympathy for him. He was with Regina for 23 years, but during that time he apparently had long-standing affair with the same woman. (How many "indiscretions" is that?)

Respectfully snipped...

You know its funny how folks think its no big deal or to be expected .. until its their spouse, or significant other.. then the story changes as does their perspective.

I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't say it is no big deal. That said, I don't think his affairs are anyone else's business. It's a matter between him, his wife, his other women, and his employer if he broke any rules / laws.

I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't say it is no big deal. That said, I don't think his affairs are anyone else's business. It's a matter between him, his wife, his other women, and his employer if he broke any rules / laws.

I disagree. Letterman MADE IT everyone's business, and it's also national news about the extortionist being caught. Letterman could have said nothing.

And then when he didn't say anything....the whole world would have gotten on his back for not doing so.

I respect your opinion, Trino. I just think because he's a celebrity and his life is the fodder of magazines/bloggers/tabloids/etc that he would be damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back