GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

Are you freaking kidding me?! Again???

My first thought when I read the thread title too.......

Mom is in rehab, good for her. I'm curious if this is court ordered rehab or she started treatment on her own. It sounds like there was previous neglect and drug use, was CPS involved? Did anyone try to intervene on this child's behalf?

The description of only a diaper doesn't work for me. According to wunderground it was just above 60 degrees between 11pm-12am on May 29th. Who brings out their infant in 60 degree weather in nothing but a diaper? I think the diaper story was to avoid providing information on the clothing the child was last seen wearing...

When was the last time someone OTHER than the dna contributor saw the child alive and 'well'?

I am so grateful that my cousin's kids are with responsible people while she is in rehab.
She is angry and bitter about it, but her kids are healthy, happy and ALIVE.
I am guessing the older kids are with their Dad's family or with Mom's family.

Just from pictures previous neglect is obvious... but I wonder if anyone had actually reported anything?

I simply don't understand people. :waitasec:

I saw those comments as well. I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse about what could have happened to Levon. Did he have a medical emergency and Jevon didn't seek help? Or was it something more nefarious? Was it related to a drug debt and that's why it wasn't reported?

All speculation. But in any case, Jevon doesn't come out smelling like a rose. MOO.

ETA: The other two children appear to be mixed race (hope that's a politically correct way of saying it), where as Levon looks purely caucasian. Hard to say without seeing any pictures of Jevon, but I hope that means the other two children are safe somewhere with their own side of the family and don't share the same biological father with Levon.

He sure doesn[t. I could see a seizure that caused death happening while dad went around back etc. and returned to a dead baby. This guy is so dirt stupid, not even a decent story, i can see that as a truth. Maybe he forgot to give the baby his meds and knew his death was his fault.

He is so far gone, i can even believe that he just went on with his life and it waqsn't anything terribly nefarious. He is to stupid to call police or relatives, figured that if no one knew no one would blame him. He doesn't think like normal people so i cant put the normal expectation on him

According to Mom's facebook, he almost died in November. He gets breathing treatments and is on medication for blood around his brain that causes seizures. She also has a 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son. Where are they?

Blood around his brain that causes seizures? :thud:
Is there anything other than abuse which causes blood around the brain? :facepalm:

Any case where someone close to a missing person goes to a lawyer or attorney first snacks of foul play.

No, I don't think so Cubby. The article mentions him being 25, and I believe he is 28 now? I could be mistaken on the current age though.

Thank you. I wasn't caught up yet and with the date being so close to todays date, I wasn't sure. I did see another post that indicates he is currently 27 if anyone was curious about his age.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY Utica - 9 month old baby Levon Wameling missing since May 29 2013 & just reported

ETA: The other two children appear to be mixed race (hope that's a politically correct way of saying it), where as Levon looks purely caucasian. Hard to say without seeing any pictures of Jevon, but I hope that means the other two children are safe somewhere with their own side of the family and don't share the same biological father with Levon.

There is a really nice picture of Dad with Levon on the Mom's facebook. The kind of picture that makes you think he would never harm a child.

Blood around his brain that causes seizures? :thud:
Is there anything other than abuse which causes blood around the brain? :facepalm:

Google tells me that hemophilia and sickle cell anemia can cause brain bleeding, and both are associated with seizures.

(Not a medical professional, just someone who was curious about your question and googled.)

There is a really nice picture of Dad with Levon on the Mom's facebook. The kind of picture that makes you think he would never harm a child.

Didn't see that the first time through. Hmm. So much for my being able to guess at ethnicity. It actually does look like a really lovely picture.

Mom's FB says she's in a "complicated relationship". Can't find a Facebook for the POI.

Mom is in rehab, good for her. I'm curious if this is court ordered rehab or she started treatment on her own. It sounds like there was previous neglect and drug use, was CPS involved? Did anyone try to intervene on this child's behalf?

Cubby, Levon's aunt T.S. posted on this FB page that her sister has been in court-ordered rehab since May 9th...

https://www.facebook.com/YNNcny

I know that's rumor only, but it does contradict with the story that she had just gone to rehab right before Levon went missing May 29th. On the Utica PD FB, the same aunt posted that she and her mother tried to get custody of Levon around May 16th.

The mother has been in court ordered rehab or in custody since May 9th.
She was then transferred somewhere on May 23rd.
So that may be where the "just before he went missing" confusion is coming in?

She is on her way back now, to help in the search for her son.

Here are much clearer pictures of this baby. He is MISSING.

Levon and Dad

levon.jpg

levon2.jpg

levon3.jpg

levon5.jpg

levon4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...44329440.16925.121874831164728&type=1&theater

More info on Jevon's record. From 2010:

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1305347014/Utica-man-indicted-after-escape-from-custody#axzz2W1fnFNHX

Jevon Wameling, 24, was taken into custody May 22 for allegedly possessing metal knuckles. He was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police patrol vehicle before he somehow escaped, court documents stated.

Wameling is charged with felony third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, misdemeanor resisting arrest, misdemeanor third-degree escape and second-degree harassment, documents stated.

The harassment charge, a violation, stems from Wameling allegedly striking or threatening to strike an officer in the course of his arrest, documents stated. Wameling also had a prior conviction for fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana in 2009.

This is another sad case. I hope the baby is safe and alive. I can see a concerned family member, x-boyfriend, or friend thinking its their place to step in and take the child out of the home. Maybe the child was left home alone while bf went out to score or get a pack of smokes or maybe bf was passed out and the doors were left open and said person entered and found a crying baby. I can see this happening.

Is the mother still in rehab? Has LE or anyone spoken with her? I assume the other 2 children are with father/family.

jmo

ETA Thanks for all the pics. What a pretty baby, who could resist just loving him up. Be safe little guy! Praying.

Who has the other kids? And is he the father of them as well?

Cubby, Levon's aunt T.S. posted on this FB page that her sister has been in court-ordered rehab since May 9th...

https://www.facebook.com/YNNcny

I know that's rumor only, but it does contradict with the story that she had just gone to rehab right before Levon went missing May 29th. On the Utica PD FB, the same aunt posted that she and her mother tried to get custody of Levon around May 16th.

Thank you. Glad to know it is court ordered and not something she sought until forced to make the decision....... The dates work for me. It's possible the court ordered her to go to rehab on the 9th and a bed was not immediately available. The few stories I have heard about inpatient treatment for substance abuse there is always a wait for a bed.

I wonder how the courts determined the child was not endangered with the father, or if they even bothered to check him out.

I am ill.... Seems to me, the parents we have been seeing on the threads have found a way to get around getting caught. Simply make the baby disappear long enough- and get away with murder :(

This looks to be another case where CPS didn't do enough to protect this child. When CPS is involved in cases such as this (substance abuse) I am guessing both parents are investigated?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back