NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. That's why I wanted to be sure what was meant by "defleshed". I can totally picture Nancy Grace and Co. either getting it wrong or being sensational. That's why I can't stand JVM and Nancy Grace, even though I begrudgingly give them credit for at least getting certain cases attention.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's something suspect about Jane Velez Mitchell's hair. Maybe I'll start a thread on it....

Striped :floorlaugh:

Hi Chanler and Snapdragon,
Not tryin' to attack - but I wanted to highlight the question that really bugs me: Like you said - if she didn't "trust" police, why did she call 911?

Sorry if I'm repeating, but I read an article for the first time today where JB, Pak and Diaz spoke. It's chilling that JB says Shannan asked him a "transvestite" question and that's when he told her to leave. I'm going to try to post the link to the interview...http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/jersey_city_prostitute_still_m.html

Actually, I came across an interesting post on this site from the very first days after the bodies were found last December - I'll go back and look for it and post it. But the poster said that they had read an article in which GC said to the reporter that he wouldn't let Shannan in - that he told her to hide in the bushes, which the poster thought was (naturally) very callous. I don't know if that is true - I'm trying to find the article - it would have been from VERY early on, before GC did all the interviews. In fact, it was before he was even identified. I know we all have read many times that Shannan ran into his place, but that doesn't mean what this poster said he read wasn't true - if it is,perhaps she ran in and he told her to get out, that he would call police but she should stay outside. That would actually explain why she ran off, because yes, that is weird that she didn't stay in his house. Come to think of it, there's always been an inference that it was his comment that he was calling police that caused her to run off - I myself always assumed that, but who knows - perhaps not. Perhaps something is being left out, like he didn't really want her in there - that actually explains why she ran off.

As for her calling 911 - people have questioned why she'd do that while still in his house, why he'd "let" her, why there would be no threatening sounds in the background, etc. - to me it makes complete sense. She probably called 911 before she could be stopped and then either hid or kept distance between herself and JB while she was talking and trying to find a way to get out. In fact, that is partially supported in one interview with MP who I believe said she was hiding behind a couch at one point. It makes sense to me that she would just be trying to evade whoever while staying on the phone at all costs, waiting for a chance to make a break for it. And knowing that she was on the phone with 911, whoever was there would hardly be inclined to threaten her or say anything incriminating or threatening, so that part's a no-brainer.

I'll look for the post and the article. It may not be true, because that does sound pretty crappy, but it was very early on before we were swamped with info., so who knows?!

PS. Wow, I just discovered the italics button, after, like 9 months....! Ha!

someone with a psychiatric expertise can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it would be hard for her to function on a day to day basis if she had been off her meds since she was a teen. there would have been many more out of character outbursts...
It depends. If she were bipolar II, she could manage without meds. However bipolar II does not exhibit the sort of psychosis that would result in the sort of scenario proposed here. Otoh, if she had used cocaine that night, it is possible that, in conjunction with her mental illness, triggered a pseudo psychotic break. It's sadly been known to occur with devastating outcomes.

DO NOT talk about other posters.
DO NOT discuss moderation in the threads.

IF you have questions - pm a mod.

This post lands at random.

Salem

Please move the discussion of the body that was found to this this thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7439776#post7439776"]New Search for Shannan Gilbert, Body found in Marsh - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

That way we won't lose the information in these general discussion threads. I'm going to move posts from the last few days to the new thread.

Salem

Does anyone have a link to a map of where the Manorville bodies were discovered? Also does anyone know if the other body parts found on Ocean Parkway had been left there in the same time period as Manorville? Im trying to figure out if the SK placed the remains in two places during the same time period.

Does anyone have a link to a map of where the Manorville bodies were discovered? Also does anyone know if the other body parts found on Ocean Parkway had been left there in the same time period as Manorville? Im trying to figure out if the SK placed the remains in two places during the same time period.

You never know with this sicko. I put nothing above him and he probably keeps particular body parts for masturbatory purposes.

I would say yes, since parts of Jessica Taylor were found at both places

I was thinking we could probably get a better idea of who the SK is by looking for some type of connection between the Manorville location and OP. Both areas seem to be great places to leave a body especially if you wanted to relive the crimes. Here are some things that crossed my mind...I am not familiar with the area so I basically just used a map and logic. I read an article in the Lond Island Press that said there isn't much of a reason to be in that area of Manorville.

Golf- The Manorville area is surrounded by golf courses. Golf/Country clubs are usually a sign of wealth that are used primarily in the summer when the SK operates. I could see the SK spending his summers at the beach playing golf. I wonder if LE has ever looked into Oak Beach area residents that are also members of one of the golf clubs near the Manorville dump site.

Airport- It is my understanding that the Gilgo beach area is very wealthy and it's possible the SK could be a pilot and use the airport near the bodies. Check residents who have a pilot license?

Parks- I spent my summers in NJ working for the local parks cleaning up. I wonder if someone working for the Suffolk County Parks would be responsible for working in both areas.

Navy- I also see there is a large Naval Cemetery near the Manorville site. If our SK was ex military is it possible there could be some connection?

Just a few ideas

Some overall thoughts:

1. I have rarely seen such amateurish press conferences (even in the height of a crisis) as I have with this police department. They have backtracked hugely more than once (three killers to one) and have made statements that don't ring true/make sense (such as the denseness of the brush around the possible Shannen/Unidentified remains site vs her ability to get into it/police's ability to get into it). I don't believe everything they are saying, but i suspect they have had contact with the killer. this is because...

2. There is no-way they could so quickly start searching the area they had previously searched and find her personal items then find her when they stated it was terrain that was impossible to traverse. Look at how much of the area seems to have been cleared. Its almost as if they drove in, found her stuff then found her, all whilst clearing what seems to be very little of the actual brush in that area and having to clear very little else around her (no matter who she is identified as. She is still someone.) I think the killer tipped off the police. I also think that might be the reason for the nervousness of the police during press conferences.

3. I think this body was not there when the area was searched before. I think whomever took her knew the heat was on for a while (with the cops having been called) and kept her (or her body) somewhere *safe* until he was ready to dispose of it/wanted to taunt the police. If this is true and it is taunting, then I'd not be suprised if this was not SG. If its not then i think thats a clear indication that someone has been really messing with the police. Whether or not its her, her items were found close by, *suggesting* it is her. if its not he'll really be thumbing his nose.

4. I often think that we give serial killers more *deviously active thought* than they really have (they are often doing it because they enjoy it and not every aspect can be whittled down to just pure evil or being seen as a message). I think a lot of them are not that clever. I think some of them are just *lucky* not to get caught (i think of gary ridgeway as an example of this, although he did have some forensics knowledge he really was only able to keep killing because of sick luck rather than his smarts). Some put so much planning into it (such as BTK) that it is so chilling that can feel your bones go immediately cold just at the thought. I think that because remains one of the Manorville victims was *mixed in* with this group of victims is a calling card from the killer. I think he's trying to show police how *clever* he thinks he is and how many victims he has.

5. I think that the killer knew what areas have been searched, and put this body here knowing it had been *done before* with a police search dog team. I think he's trying to make the police look incomptent, perhaps because he is angry at them for championing her not being linked to the other crimes and he knows better?

6. I agree that BPD and drugs mixed together could cause someone to have a *break* from reality. It is possible, but how likely that it would happen somewhere an active serial killer killing just the kind of woman (and I'm not judging, i have nothing but respect for anyopne who has faced any circumstances causing such a hard choice as these woman have made) was operating. And i know how many missing person's reposts start with *acting strangely. ran into the woods/up the street/to the local freeway*, but this is just too unlikely to happen in the same place (also factoring in that all the other victims also travelled to LI to conduct business as did SG).

Just some thoughts from someone looking in from afar. I'm not trying to cover *all bases*, just add some thoughts that have been bugging me about these/this case/cases. back to lurking for me. Love and respect to all keeping the search for justice for these victims, no matter whi they are victims of. Sorry about any spelling problems.

Yule blessings, CCLS.

A woman's body was found a few hours ago in an Amityville basement. Persons on the scene said is was extremely gruesome. News has not posted anything about this anywhere. I currently have no other information. I'm sure it will be on this evenings news.
Location was South Amityville just East of the Highschool.

A woman's body was found a few hours ago in an Amityville basement. Persons on the scene said is was extremely gruesome. News has not posted anything about this anywhere. I currently have no other information. I'm sure it will be on this evenings news.
Location was South Amityville just East of the Highschool.

Give us a heads-up the minute you hear more, Chris.

@Pickle Chris....where did you hear that? That is terrible.

@Sister Sleuth....The Yonkers torso was most likely gang related. Yonkers has a lot of drug dealers and gang members. That could be why.

From News 12 LI:

DA discounts lone killer theory in beach bodies case
(12/15/11) HAUPPAUGE (AP) - In a split with police, a prosecutor says he isn't convinced that a lone killer is responsible for 10 bodies discovered along Ocean Parkway.

Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota told county legislators Thursday that he disagrees with a theory by Police Commissioner Richard Dormer that a single serial killer dumped all 10 corpses near Gilgo Beach.

Spota says one male victim had a different manner of death.

Dormer has said believes that all of the victims were linked to the sex trade, but the district attorney says investigators still know little about one set of remains.

Spota was testifying at a hearing of the county legislature's public safety committee.

Dormer stuck by the serial killer theory in his earlier testimony before the panel.

I can't believe this nonsense! No wonder everyone has lost confidence in the very people who are running this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs