NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four of the eight victims identified so far were women who advertised their services on Craigslist.

This is from that CNN article. So the other 4 have been identified as well? Or is this sloppy reporting?

on the cnn special it was noted last thing by the female reporter that the cops did NOT take the barthelemy family serious either and by the time the family was actually able to file a missing person's report they had missed the sk's calls to melissa's sister.

these police are not on their toes, maybe if was one of their daughters you know they'd spring into action.

they were able to trace melissa's phone to those locations, yet they have no tapes of the calls. amanda is the witness to his voice and that's it. the cops should have got their butts into gear quicker. these families have tried and tried again to get the cops on the case, if that officer wasn't walking blue and found remains, they still wouldn't be on the case of melissa or shannan.

very sad on le's behalf. the response time for shannan's 911 call was pathetic. 23 mins and also 2 neighbors local obviously had called.

there is no excuse for the lack of professional le behavior that could have saved shannan an solved this back in may.

Yeah, chem, I agree. If they had solved this in May, Megan and Amber would still be alive too.

On about day 3 of reading thru the bolg here, I started asking myself questions. He kept a vics Cell phone, why?( Besides the obvious taunting) First 4 bodies, neatly disposed of, second 4 not so clean, why? I believe he is a collector. I am sure he has kept items from all his vics. Now back to the second 4, There was talk of dismemberment. I saw this video on CNN...
How to track a serial killer.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#

When he talks about dismemberment, it does not mean he was chopping up his vics like the in the movies.
So this spawned my next question, is he collecting bones?
Now, hear me out. It's far fetched.... Take the burlap issue with bone retrieval, and the fact that the SK is a strangler, not a stabber or shooter. So I assume he has no stomach for the gore it takes to dismember like in the movies. So my next question was, are there any digets missing from the second 4 bodies? Are any bones missing from the first 4? (Not caused by animal or elements) They were disposed in plastic, because he had no need to go back and try to dig them back out and wait for the bodies to decompose enough where he could stomach it. Just a far fetched theory....

I agree that he is upset that his dump was discovered. And the irony that the search for a prostitute (SG) led to the discovery really makes him mad. I do believe that SG is not a victim of "this" SK. Maybe another, but not this guy.
I have read conflicting reports about the AC/LI connection, but have read that Burlap was also used in AC, so there is a good chance it is connected.
He is surely a sesonal type. Maybe job, vacation, or just simply that his vics will decompose faster in the warmer months.

I have read a number of articles about the AC murders saying there were no burlap bags. I read they were clothed with shoes and socks missing, laying face down in a ditch with their heads turned to the East. If you have a link to articles mentioning burlap bags, could you please provide.

I have read a number of articles about the AC murders saying there were no burlap bags. I read they were clothed with shoes and socks missing, laying face down in a ditch with their heads turned to the East. If you have a link to articles mentioning burlap bags, could you please provide.

I could be wrong. I believe it was on another blog. Let me go back and look......

Found it.
http://www.defrostingcoldcases.com/sum-it-up/week-11-sum-it-up/comment-page-1
ctrl+F burlap and it is right there. or the date is Mer 29 12:02

Now that I am re reading it it looks like the poster confused AC with LI.

I hope everyone is tuned into CNN right now. I'm about 15 minutes behind but there are already some things I hadn't heard before coming out. Amber's sister said that Amber was in touch with a client throughout the day on the last day she was seen and he PICKED HER UP at her house. I wonder if anyone saw the car... so crazy.

ETA: Her sister also says she didn't bring her phone with her when she left (thought she may have known the client)

That is what i have been saying all along.
The victims knew and trusted and SK,
There no way a working girl like ALC would leave without her phone and hop into some stranger's car.
I am sure the SK picked up MB near the Hauppauge Holiday Inn Express and the other victims as well.
This is totally inconsistent with what JB was doing.

All due respect, comparing a Long Island ocean beach to a Long Island bay beach is like comparing a high velocity roller coaster to the Teacup ride. Yes, they can both be found in the same amusement park but you would never would use a roller coaster causality to rationalize how someone could easily die on the Teacup ride so why point out drownings in ocean beaches in the area? We have too many swimming pool drownings every season here too but they also have nothing to do with this case.

You are correct,
Well, it guess i should take a bit of my own medicine, even though i am a former Long Islander, i made a mistake thinking the outer part of Oak Beach faced the ocean, but it doesn't.
Could have SG drowned in the bay?
Sure, specially if she was high or hallucinating, but her body should have been found by now.

Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
Yep... here is what I have for my entire database thus far:

Maureen Brainard-Barnes - Jasmine - 7/9/2007
Melissa Barthelemy - Chloe - 7/12/2009
Shannon Gilbert - Sabrina - 5/1/2010
Megan Waterman - Lexy - 6/6/2010
Amber Lynn Costello - Carolina - 9/2/2010

I added Shannon Gilbert, and put her before Megan Waterman and Amber Lynn Costello because she was last seen before they went missing. 2010 was obviously a busy year for this SK, and it is getting to be about that time of year again.

HOLY COW! I was just doing a Google search for the name "Chloe", "Craigslist" and various towns around the area that have many hotels. When I did the search with "Commack" it returned a result from that Hobbyist website UT****G****.com and when you click that link I saw this post by a member named DRACONUS back in November 2008;

Chloe is the newest name for a girl who was recently Chanel who used to be something else before that. I think she used to tour with Jazmine and a few others. I've never seen them myself but I think a few have been reviewed on this board before.

Is it possible that MB and MB-B actually did work together?

Here is a link to the Google search results;

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&e...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c3bb86640ae08969

There no way a working girl like ALC would leave without her phone and hop into some stranger's car.
I am sure the SK picked up MB near the Hauppauge Holiday Inn Express and the other victims as well.

I remember early reports saying Megan left her cell in the hotel, too. I'll try to find them tomorrow. But I thought the same thing as you based on that and hearing that Amber did it too makes me think even more than they knew this guy, they trusted him. He may have even requested that they leave their phones behind for some fabricated reason (like he wanted all their attention, no distractions).

I also had the same thought about Megan being picked up near the Holiday Inn. Reports said she went to a convenience store, I wonder if they had cameras running at that store?

Seems like we're on the same page, Secret, though I just can't bring myself to dismiss JB as possibly being involved somehow. Too many coincidences.

I doubt JB is the perp, however you appear to be extremely sure he's isn't. In fact, you appear to be so sure about a number of things that have yet to be confirmed, you've resorted to insulting other posters. Am not saying you're wrong, just wondering what gives?

I remember early reports saying Megan left her cell in the hotel, too. I'll try to find them tomorrow. But I thought the same thing as you based on that and hearing that Amber did it too makes me think even more than they knew this guy, they trusted him. He may have even requested that they leave their phones behind for some fabricated reason (like he wanted all their attention, no distractions).

I also had the same thought about Megan being picked up near the Holiday Inn. Reports said she went to a convenience store, I wonder if they had cameras running at that store?

If the victims knew and trusted the SK, it means he was able to gain their trust without any suspicion by meeting each victim multiple times.
This means he is not some out of control maniac who can't stop killing like most SK's out there. This fits the profile as a highly intelligent, social and probably married SK.
I get the feeling the SK killed those particular victims for his own personal reasons, the killings were premeditated and planned, they weren't done at random.
It must be pretty freaky for a lot of working girls in LI to think that one of their customers is the SK.

"In the area" but not at Oak Beach. Robert Moses is not on the same body of land as Oak Beach.

I completely agree and that's exactly what I said, "in the area". We were discussing earlier about transient workers "in the area" who would be familiar with it and around at the time SG disappeared, including people who routinely grade the sand on the beaches. I explained that's not how beaches are managed on Long Island, which is something I do know quite a bit about as I am involved in coastal erosion issues, which includes details of remedial work. I posted a link to an extensive study on the whole New England coastline that was published in February this year for anyone interested to know more. However, what that report didn't tell us and is not readily accessible online are the details of specific environmental permits the Town applied for in 2010. That's why the new link above is significant IMOO and should not be dismissed lightly. It's the first evidence that indeed there were workers involved in beach replenishment "in the area" at the time SG disappeared, both before and after. Given the way the various agencies address beach replenishment, it's quite likely that other surrounding beaches may also have been permitted at the same time, or immediately preceding or following the work to Robert Moses,. There's no way of finding that out, absent another MSM report, or pulling the permits from the DEC under a FOIL for the exact nature and extent of work undertaken in 2010. Those permits would give a very precise and detailed description of coastline, quantity of material being moved onto it and exactly where it was to be placed. They regulate these matters down to each grain of sand, literally. I hope LE will have pulled those permits by now, so they will know exactly who did what where at the time anyone disappeared. I suggest it's certainly a factor in who was "in the area" with knowledge and opportunity, as much as any other person, including whoever mows the Parkway shoulders, or patrols the roads, which were others being discussed.

HOLY COW! I was just doing a Google search for the name "Chloe", "Craigslist" and various towns around the area that have many hotels. When I did the search with "Commack" it returned a result from that Hobbyist website UT****G****.com and when you click that link I saw this post by a member named DRACONUS back in November 2008;

Is it possible that MB and MB-B actually did work together?

Here is a link to the Google search results;

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&e...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c3bb86640ae08969

And another poster started that discussion by mentioning FBI activity-
Got to the parking lot and no kidding aside..........5 undercover cars pulled in as well as 1 car had guys get out with FBI Jackets

Dont know if they had to do with girl I was going to see but all I know is I split ASAP.

She is posting again today so who knows but just a warning to all!!

Seems like we're on the same page, Secret, though I just can't bring myself to dismiss JB as possibly being involved somehow. Too many coincidences.

Hmmmm, If that is the case. That would mean he may be a repeat customer. maybe havin multiple "meetings" with no problems. Then when it is least expected and the girls think they can make a easy date, he can devulge in his ultamate act. Makes sense. Ridgeway did the same thing with a "Few" of his vics. This could mean that SK has been a long time John and has met with possibly up to 50 women since at least 2007 if not longer. Scary!!!!

Yes drownings happen all of the time and yes, Great South Bay and the Fire Island Inlet have some really nasty currents in some places. Heck, less than half a mile south of Oak Beach is one of the strongest currents in that area.

BUT.... with that being said, the likelihood of someone "falling" into the water at Oak Beach in the vicinity of where SG was last seen, drowning, and then having their body NEVER recovered is extremely rare. As a matter of fact, I challenge anyone to prove that this has ever been the case throughout the entire history of Oak Beach. The Robert Moses Causeway and Ocean Parkway were built in the 1950's. So from the mid 1950's until 2011, how many of those millions of people who visited Oak Beach have ever
  1. Fallen in the water.
  2. Drowned.
  3. Body swept away from Oak Beach.
  4. Body NEVER recovered anywhere, ever?

Please don't reply for "The Rockaways", or for Boaters, or for swimmers in the ocean at any of the State Parks. If we are going to examine this rationally and scientifically, then please exam the facts based upon where SG was last seen running for her life. As someone who grew up on the bay and has launched boats, jet ski's and kayaks with friends & family at the Oak Beach Boat Ramp hundreds of times, fished this beach from the bridge to the inlet and back to the bridge walking in the water with waders hundreds of times and cruised/fished this body of water by boat thousands of times in my lifetime, I'm telling you that there is no way SG drowned and was swept away that night never to be found.

Nope. IMPOSSIBLE. If she's not on land somewhere (hopefully still alive) then she was put into the water elsewhere, not via the shoreline at Oak Beach near the homes of Oak Beach Association. If the weather around here ever clears up I'll shoot a video and upload it to prove my point. In the meantime, you are going to have to trust the authorities are aware of this too and that is why they NEVER searched the South Great South Bay side of the beach for her body. They too know that such a theory simply does not make any sense. To understand this you have to know a great deal about this specific beach and the behavior of the tides and currents here. I will leave you with one spec of thought about this so you can fully appreciate what I'm saying;

You never once hear anyone with a home on Oak Beach complain about BEACH EROSION. That's because the water at the very edge of the shoreline here is CALM and TRANQUIL. The currents are further out, not along the beach. No CURRENT= No EROSION.

Think about it.
please see this link

http://books.google.com/books?id=iS...&resnum=3&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

a book written that says oak beach has a long history of erosion and high velocity currents in some locations...

the houses in oak beach that where we rented (on the non gated side) were up on stilts because sometimes tropical storms would bring the tide up under the house and flood it...so I'm really not sure why you think its always calm there...our boat sank once there because of high waves...so it certainly is not a calm swimming pool although of course there are plenty of nice days...

but I'm done with fighting about the possibility she might have drowned..and the tides etc etc....its exhausting. I really just joined because i had lived in the oak beach community for five years (2001-2006) and thought I might be able to have some personal insights into the area. My ex also grew up there and knew everyone and everything about the area and we spent almost every day on the water boating windsurfing fishing etc. I think I'll just lurk now for awhile and take a short break from posting.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname