NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it that was debunked: that there ever was a call from someone claiming to be a doctor or that THE doctor in question made the call?

I got the impression that Dormer debunked the idea that Dr. H. made the call, but that he would follow up to see whether or not such a call was actually made. It's just my impression, though.

Now if he had simply said, "The doctor is not a suspect, he's been very cooperative" and left it at that, I would have simply thought, okay...business as usual for a case where all the facts haven't been gathered. But "debunked", and "we're gonna follow up on that"...wth?! Complete contradiction.
Not necessarily. They could have debunked the claim that PH called, while at the same time believing "someone else" called. Which is why they would be following up with SG's family.

they look like the trucks that do work in the area, like the park/dec guys here or the help trucks we have that cruise the expressway. good spotting!

Are there any trucks that delivery meals on Long Island??? My husband says it looks like a truck that would have a fold-down side to deliver meals to a construction site or something. I have been googling all sorts of "images" for trucks like this, and it is driving met nuts!!! :banghead: This appears to definitely be a dual cab truck with some sort of unit on the back of it. It is not a typical camper, however.

Not necessarily. They could have debunked the claim that PH called, while at the same time believing "someone else" called. Which is why they would be following up with SG's family.

That's what I think, too. But, I'm not fully convinced that the Dr. didn't make the call, and I haven't ruled him out at this point.

That's what I think, too. But, I'm not fully convinced that the Dr. didn't make the call, and I haven't ruled him out at this point.
Agreed. Imo, if he is involved, I'd say it has to do with protecting someone as opposed to being the perp. Then again, I've felt that way ever since his name came up. So that could be a case of confirmation bias.

Agreed. Imo, if he is involved, I'd say it has to do with protecting someone as opposed to being the perp. Then again, I've felt that way ever since his name came up. So that could be a case of confirmation bias.

I haven't fully ruled out jb in my mind, either. I live about 25 minutes East of where the bodies were found and towards the middle of the island. Because this is an island where one must travel over two large bridges or a combo of bridges and tunnels, it seems less likely to me that the killer lives off the island, murders a minimum of four times, then dumps the bodies all within the same area on an isolated beach. I agree strongly with the profile recently created. I think he either lives here year round, is a snowbird (lives here for the summer or all but the winter) or lives here year round, but his gf or wife leaves during the summer.

I can't rule him out for the murders in Atlantic City just because I think he lives or at minimum spends his summers here (fairly common, and those who do seem to be middle class or above concerning financial status). Maybe he moved recently to Long Island. Maybe he has lived here for a long time but has only recently begun to kill young women. Maybe he has been killing for longer but has recently changed his dumping site. Maybe he has another dump site that le hasn't found yet.

Speaking of dump sites, if SG isn't among the most recently found remains I wonder where she is. I imagine she is probably no longer living. I think chances are that whomever killed the other four young women may have killed her. Maybe she is at a different dump site. Because at least initially SG got away, and there were a number of witnesses, the killer might have lost confidence and become less complacent--and maybe he chose a more reclusive dump site that he believed would be less likely to lead back to him.

I am not convinced that all ten bodies are from the same serial killer. I think the four women id'd who were murdered and SG's disappearance are most likely related. Once or if the remaining remains are id'd and similarities are found I might lean towards those cases individually as being related, too.

I'm just speculating as it were. I hope the killer or killers are stopped and that the families of the missing women see justice.

I think they are going to be finding a lot more human remains as a result of the FBI Blackhawk helicopter flyover. I think that helicopter was using technology that can differentiate human remains from the surrounding terrain. There are going to be a lot of hot spots on that film!!! (Actually it's all digital, no film). Any body or body part that was ever dumped there from the 1930's until today will be identified by that special camera.

Why from the 1930's, exactly?

I understand what you guys are saying with respect to Dormer possibly meaning that what has been debunked is PH actually having made that call. But I still maintain that that's a confusing way to word it.

I personally don't believe they have "debunked" squat. But if they have, and I'm wrong, I'll swallow the crow whole.

I thought he didn't deny making the call acc to Sherre but denied saying what she said he told the mother. Sorry, bad sentence :waitasec:

FOR REVIEW purposes only, translation from the 'Hear Women Talk' interview with Sherre:

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/650

Snippet
26 mins in using windows media player (thank you snapdragon for the link)

"jb has taken a lie detector which came out inconclusive.

All this is from the radio interview with shannon gilbert's sister. very informative and interesting.

ps- it also mentions about the dr calling their mother about his treatment for people in that lifestyle and says shannon was there at his house and stayed the night and walked out the next day fine. the doctor called a day after they reported her missing, could be a horrible sales tactic if he was expecting her to be found. now sg's family hasn't talked to the doctor before. he calls before this was all in the news and made public.

in the interview her sister says again the doctor calls and claimed later that he never called the family and said he saw shannon.
very odd.

unless, as has been mentioned it was someone who wasn't the doctor and was trying to "hint" to the family where to look for shannon.
whether malicious intent or "helpful" (in a weird way) i don't know"

I guess I read that bolded statement as he never called the family and said he saw Shannan, and not that he never called the family. IMO

Police say there is not a connection, but you never know! ... Elena went missing in July of last year from Portland, ME....

Missing prostitute’s body found in Maine was not connected to the case
http://longislandserialkiller.com/2011/04/human-teeth-found-in-serial-killer-search-in-new-york/

Missing Portland woman’s remains found ‘in a remote area’
http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/04/21/news/portland/missing-womans-remains-found/

ELENA JASMIR LOZADA
http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/04/22/obituaries/elena-jasmir-lozada/

I understand what you guys are saying with respect to Dormer possibly meaning that what has been debunked is PH actually having made that call. But I still maintain that that's a confusing way to word it.

I personally don't believe they have "debunked" squat. But if they have, and I'm wrong, I'll swallow the crow whole.
No need to swallow crow, your opinions are worth the same as anyone else opinions here.

I think we are all just trying to figure it out and all opinions are most welcome in my book.

Are there any trucks that delivery meals on Long Island??? My husband says it looks like a truck that would have a fold-down side to deliver meals to a construction site or something. I have been googling all sorts of "images" for trucks like this, and it is driving met nuts!!! :banghead: This appears to definitely be a dual cab truck with some sort of unit on the back of it. It is not a typical camper, however.

I thought it looked like a modified camper on the back. One that is made to be taller, so a person can stand inside. Also, maybe solar battery converter on top and things for camping or even living in the thing. The thing on the roof of the truck didn't look like a light.

Is there a map with all the names and locations available somewhere? If not, we should put one together.

1) I never bought the story of the "john" on the website who claimed that ALC and the "guy with the bat" robbed him. Why would a "working girl" rob a guy of what he was otherwise going to pay her? If this was a "one time" scam by a couple who are not involved in prostitution, I know it happens. To do that at your own residence where the victim would know where to find you? would be dangerous and threaten her whole business. I tend to believe the "roommate", who was probably more of a "bodyguard" who provided her with protection from "problem" clients in exchange for a piece of the action. The two versions of the "baseball bat" story are close enough but I think the "roommate’s" is far more believable.

I also do not believe the bat incident either way it is described has anything to do with ALC's murder.

A neighbor describing all kinds of trouble at the house no doubt is telling the truth along with the naked guy running out of there.

The very unfortunate part is anything can happen when you have heroin addicts working. Yes, they could have beat (robbed) the guy because he had a heck of bank on him and was only going to shell out X amount. Fear of him not coming back? No problem. When you're in that moment you're not worrying about it.

Plainly put all persons including the trick who puts himself in a place he shouldn't be in is in danger. On an aside if a guy did run out screaming they'd kill him he could have stole their dope or opened his big yap or actually anything honestly.

Sadly I have seen this done even with a persons exterminator. He pays $40.00 to you for services and sprays the house. You know he has $100 on him? What's he going to do if you take it? How can he explain being robbed by a prostitute he exterminates for?

Prayers for all these poor women still out there as well as the deceased. It's a dangerous, sad life isn't it?

Dormer confuses me. If the call from someone claiming to be the Dr. was debunked, then why does he go on to say investigators are going to follow up on that with the Gilbert Family? It's either debunked or it isn't. LE wastes their time following up on debunked information? Alrighty then.

Good morning, Kat.

This is precisely what I was saying in an earlier post I made here.

LE stated that they had never heard about this purported phone call from the Dr. being made to the Gilbert family; however, they had already (at that point) interviewed said Dr. two or three times.

So, how did they (LE) come to know about this Dr., if not from the Gilbert family? Why would there be a need to interview him multiple times, especially with no prior knowledge of the phone call to the Gilbert family?

It seems that there must be some evidence or information that came about in LE's investigation, APART FROM THE GILBERT PHONE CALL, that led to the Dr. being interviewed on multiple occasions.

The question is: What information directed LE to this Dr.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood