NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how I think it went down: The pimp delivered her for a party--a party 'of two"--her and Brewer. At the "party", Gilbert probably used more than $250 in cocaine and therefore Brewer would not pay her any cash. She used up the cash in trade, so to speak.

The one who "was trying to kill her" would have been the Asian pimp when she returned to him empty-handed, having used up her cash in coke.

Gilbert is probably alive now, probably called one of her other (many) pimps to retrieve her from the Island, and is probably appearing at Christmas "parties" all over the Metropolitan NYC area! Remember, she's been hooking for over ten years.

About the four bodies in burlap: they are not related to Joseph Brewer or Shannon Gilbert. It is just one of those strange coincidences that happens now and then in the true crime world.

As always, just my humble opinion.

Where did you get the idea of cocaine from? just curious. If she was doing too much coke, then Brewer you'd think would just take it away from her and keep it on his person or hide it.
I'm sure he's rich with money in order to have hired her to come out there, travel such a distance in the first place. He wouldn't care if she did his coke (*being that was the scenario, which if drugs are the case, it could be a variety of any drug, i'm not sure which*) he would just buy more drugs.

The Asian appears to have been her driver if it is true she was independant working for herself and advertising on craigslist at the time.

If SG is still alive, she'd have been reported sighted, especially given all the publicity this case has gotten.

It would be stupid for a serial killer to dump her anywhere near the others, as SG caused such a commotion that night it would be automatically linked to her night at Brewer's party imo.

Does anyone know what LE is doing with Brewer's SUV they impounded and if they found anything?

I was skimming over this and for some reason this post popped out at me. I remember when we had my daughter at the fair this summer and she went on the BIG SLIDE she had to use a burlap sack to sit on to go down the slide, these sacks are HUGE! I remember thinking to myself how funny she looked carrying that big sack it seemed so big compared to my daughter. Point is, they should take a look at carnival workers it seems strange, but really worth looking into. During the course of trying to find Kellisue Ackerenecht it was rumored Kellisue had her eyes on a carnival worker she was keeping in touch with. I never was able to find out his name or even if it was indeed a fact. Seems like a good place to start.

omg! i remember these slides as well, at carnivals in the 80s when i was young! we'd go to the top and take a burlap sack to sit on down the slide.
would it be possible there's an old amusement park anywhere near there, or anyone who had worked at one would have leftover sacks?

Thanks to my friend Sandi who allowed me to visit at her house in Gilgo today, The area is roped off/police cordoned off, but I was able to take sample pics of identical brush from 1/4mi west.

As you can see from the pics, it's hard to drag someone through, and the tight bundles of reeds and grass make it very difficult to see anything in there. The only way you could see in there is if you were above the brush- but not at street level. These pics were taken about 1-2 feet above the street level. Such thickly packed brush leads me to believe they were thrown from a higher vehicle.
if you need a pword to view them in Pb it is "websleuths"

Thanks for the photos, but they're quite small to see the plants. Any chance of larger copies? # 1 and #4 could be mainly[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phragmites"] phragmites[/ame].

Did you notice any deer paths in this area? Working on the path of least resistance being the most likely, I'd say that the bodies were carried through a section of phragmites using a pre-existing deer path, leading to a more dense brush area, where they were then left to be revisited. You can't throw anything over the top of phragmites, they're too tall and very invasive species, so they would be maybe 8ft high by easily 10ft or 20ft deep, or however wide until the salt water.

Your other photos look like more dense brush, some of which could be a wild rose bush with nasty thorns...trying to remember the name of it....:blushing:, but that's about 4ft or 5ft high. The rest are low lying grass that die back in winter, (which wouldn't then offer enough concealment). Was it muddy and squelchy underfoot there?

There are a number of wetland restoration projects on Long Island that would document native plant species, but I didn't come up with anything online for that particular location. Others might have more success. I did come up with a site claiming to have a live video cam for Gilgo Beach, but it's not live.

Are those brush type plants a certain variety? Does it go through a green and full phase? If so, what time of year. I think that may help determine when the bodies were dumped or how visible or not visible there being tossed into that brush from the side of the road or somewhere not far back into the brush.

That would really help me know from where they were thrown.

I'm fairly sure it's wetlands, in which case, apart from a few low lying grasses, poison ivy, most of it doesn't die back much, it's mainly evergreen. What's actually there will depend on how close it is to the water, or whether it's tidal wetlands. Wetlands generally are "non-disturbance vegetative buffers" of a minimum 50ft - 200ft wide or more. These act as a buffer between land and water, which helps to filter the storm water runoff pollutants, so they don't reach the bays, and also offer habitat for wildlife - including prolific amounts of deer that are now taking over Long island. Wetlands are left undisturbed unless they need to be restored due to storm damage, poor tidal flow or invasive plant species (Phragmites).

Wetland plants, trees and shrubs have a good root structure, which is part of their purpose. They give what would otherwise be sand on top of clay a stability that holds the coastline together against tidal and storm erosion, preserves the wetlands and is the natural habitat for so much wildlife, especially birds. It would probably be quite spooky and noisy in the middle of the night, with fireflies and deer moving through the brush.

I still think the "thrown from a vehicle comment" is doubtful, whether stationary or moving....too difficult to get it over the top of any vegetation dense and tall enough to conceal bodies. Another reason not to dump a body in LI water is because they get found much quicker. Or put another way, if a helicopter were to drop a body there, they might pick land not open water because it's much less likely to be found quickly. Bodies float and get quickly washed ashore from such a shallow body of water, unless taken way out to sea, which might draw coastguard attention, or trawler/ container ship attention. But as I said, I do not support a helicopter theory, only saying it is a physical possibility, that's all.

perhaps she was imported to LI because she specializes is a certain kind of sex

OMG I didnt know the killing in NM had a POI. I just watched a special on dateline and they said some guy in a hot air balloon they investigated but the case is still unsolved. IN NM the ladies were prostitutes and/or drug addicts. I know these type of women are preyed upon by various serial killers I just found it kinda odd for so many bodies to be buried in one place. Dont killers normally bury their victims scattered??

Where did you get the idea of cocaine from? just curious. If she was doing too much coke, then Brewer you'd think would just take it away from her and keep it on his person or hide it.
I'm sure he's rich with money in order to have hired her to come out there, travel such a distance in the first place. He wouldn't care if she did his coke (*being that was the scenario, which if drugs are the case, it could be a variety of any drug, i'm not sure which*) he would just buy more drugs.

The Asian appears to have been her driver if it is true she was independant working for herself and advertising on craigslist at the time.

If SG is still alive, she'd have been reported sighted, especially given all the publicity this case has gotten.

It would be stupid for a serial killer to dump her anywhere near the others, as SG caused such a commotion that night it would be automatically linked to her night at Brewer's party imo.

Does anyone know what LE is doing with Brewer's SUV they impounded and if they found anything?

Her family--mom and sisters--are the ones who said she is a bipolar cocaine addict with many issues.

Trying to identify the bodies....

Nassau police Lt. Kevin Smith says detectives are looking into about 350 cases. According to Smith, authorities are searching for women with a history of running away or prostitution.

If a case seems like a possible match, detectives would try to find DNA from the missing person or relative to help with identification.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20026514-504083.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Help me out here, it's been awhile. Shouldn't they run the victims' DNA first and then compare them to CODIS data? Then branch out outside of given/proven DNA?

if this doesn't make sense please let me know. Not sure.

Help me out here, it's been awhile. Shouldn't they run the victims' DNA first and then compare them to CODIS data? Then branch out outside of given/proven DNA?

if this doesn't make sense please let me know. Not sure.

Recently missing persons are probably not yet in CODIS.

As a lifelong resident of the area who drives the entire length of the Ocean Parkway a minimum of once a week, I know the area extremely well. The bodies were found on the south/bay side of OP. I can tell you that although the area on the bay (as opposed to the ocean) side of the Ocean Parkway is not pleasant (shrubbery, massive amt. of ticks, marshy wetland) it would be very easy to pull over and walk a short distance toward the bay to dump a body.

The parkway is often desolate and is so flat that you can see an oncoming vehicle from far away in either direction. Local residents seem to speculate that this is the reason this area was chosen as a dump site.

I have a friend living in the Oak Beach community. She remembers the woman who went missing in May (her loud behavior late-night) Oak Beach is NOT the type of place where there are loud goings-on at night! She also knows the client (neighborly.)

It breaks my heart that these poor souls were thoughtlessly placed in this desolate area as we unknowingly drove past for years (possibly!)

R.I.P

Hoping ths hasnt dropped from the news like the NJ case.

Philip Markoff

RI,NJ etc..Weird just weird.

are you talking about that med student murderer guy? who told his family it was going to blow up big?

yes, he killed himself...weird is right..maybe connected...

are you talking about that med student murderer guy? who told his family it was going to blow up big?

yes, he killed himself...weird is right..maybe connected...

Yea that is the guy. Nothing has blown up big on that yet. Everything big was already out at the time he made the statement.

I just think it is weird how there could another craiglist guy in the same areas.

philip markoff should have never even gotten a nickname "the craigslist killer". he wasn't a serial killer, he was some narcissistic punk who fed off the fact the media dubbed him a nickname.

now being the internet age, killers can order their hookers online instead of going to a street corner.
i'd think it'd be easier for LE to trace criminals online, however who knows where these individuals originally came from? gilbert wasn't there, i guess they are waiting for word back on waterman..

philip markoff should have never even gotten a nickname "the craigslist killer". he wasn't a serial killer, he was some narcissistic punk who fed off the fact the media dubbed him a nickname.

now being the internet age, killers can order their hookers online instead of going to a street corner.
i'd think it'd be easier for LE to trace criminals online, however who knows where these individuals originally came from? gilbert wasn't there, i guess they are waiting for word back on waterman..

At first I would agree he wasnt really a serial killer but then I had to think about the logic. He displayed a serial pattern in his committing more attacks after the death of his victim. If his intent was to rob there are way less risky way to do such a thing without killing . And he had 16 pairs of underwear under his mattress. Sex assaults being a motive could explain the risk, but it was stated robbery was the motive.

Also I never got the impression he was feeding from the media attention. What gives you that impression? I will admit I didnt even blink and eye at the case at first so I might have missed the showboating. The comment I mentioned above was made to the media by his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74