NY - Malcolm Watson for student sex abuse, Buffalo, 2006

Is he Canadian? It would at least make some sense if he were. Not that it is agreeable, but there is some logic behind it. I am guessing he would have to be.

Here in CA, once in awhile Mexican criminals are just sent back to Mexico instead of serving jail time. The judges just figure send them back from whence they came. Our jails are ovecrowded and we don't want criminal types here anyway.Of course, there is certainaly an argument against that logic, but it is still done.They probably just head back here in short order and we are right back where we started from. Except, these guys get away with all kinds of crimes.

Just wondering if this was something similar.

I even wonder how his wife and kids feel about him returning. Maybe he's not living with them anymore. Think I heard he's working as a salesman.

J2 - he's a US citizen. I would guess that he's a landed immigrant in Canada.

The Canadian Government is asking for a "full report" from the US Government as in the Judge, post haste, as in yesterday.

This sentence seems to defy International Law......as in our Soverign Country.

No way we want him here and now there is an "international" uproar.

Canada is seeking to have the provision declared null and void and have him return back to the US to serve his sentence.

No one is happy, this has made every paper.......in Toronto.

If, on a very slim off chance, that he is allowed to stay in Canada, he will be deported. No doubt, he is a conivcted sex offender.......but of course that will take time, reports, investigations, assessments, hearings, appeals....so on and so forth.

One paper says that he is in Canada working.....the other paper says that he is still in the US. I assume that he is in Canada, after all, he is "serving" his sentence, with the full "experience" of Tim Hortons, upscale restaurants, shopping, fresh air and freedom.........yeah right....

I don't want him here in the U.S., but Canada didn't do anything to deserve him either! Isn't there some island (preferably near Antartica) that we can send all of these perverts to?:D

(Why Canada, by the way? Why not Cuba or Mexico?) That judge has some explaining to do.

He is a US citizen by birth. He is yours.

He is married to a Canadian women, hence is is "fast" tracked for Landed Immigrant status.

He has a wife and residence in Canada, formerly lived in Canada with his wife.

But he can be deported back to the place of his birth - the USA.

Just like the US Government can "deport" a Canadian who has "status" in the USA by marrying a US citizen.

If the person is a "danger" to the citizens of that country, has a criminal record then the person can be "kicked" out of the country and denied entry even to visit. Even if he/she has a criminal record in their country of origin, then tries to cross over to the USA or Canada, they are denied passage due to "criminal inadmisability".

He is a "guest" in Canada, but he is a "citizen" of the USA.

A Canadian judge is expected to hear arguments today on the case of a New York teacher who was convicted of sex offences in the U.S., but was ordered to serve his sentence in Canada.

Malcolm Watson was arrested at the Canadian border this week as he tried to re-enter Canada.

He will face a detention review in Niagara Falls, Ont. today. The Immigration and Refugee Board will also review his case.

If Watson is considered inadmissible, he could be deported back to the U.S., and his sentence would be considered null and void.

Watson faces a year in jail if he's sent back to New York State.

http://tinyurl.com/ybp33l

This man "was arrested" and is being held at the Canadian border.

An agent with the Canadian Border Services Agency "has ordered" him detained as a danger to the public and on suspicion that he had contravened the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

He is being held at the Niagara Detention Centre.

He faces a detention review, today In Niagara Falls and he will be subject to an admissability hearing before the Immigration and Refugee Board.

He is "thought" to be a "risk" to the Canadian public.

Again, all levels of Government(yes this has even made it to the Federal Level in the House of Commons) are not happy that the US judge sees Canada as a "dumping" ground for US citizens whom have committed an offence in the USA, which was warranted of a jail sentence.

Erie Country DA, has said that he has "heard loud and clear" the Canadian Public Safety Minister message(we are not a "dumping" ground for US Criminals) The DA said: You can guess how many times this is going to happen again, NEVER.

I put money that this person is not going to be allowed into Canada. Or to stay in Canada, to live in Canada, to visit Canada.

After all he was "guest" in our Country, but a "full" citizen of the US.

This has turned into a major political football.

His arrest "does send a "message" to the USA courts, don't send your criminals here to "put Canadian citizens at risk"

The man will be deported, no doubt. Then he can serve his sentence in the USA, and he again will not be allowed back to Canada. He will be a convicted criminal, of a serious offence.

What is the "saying" goodbye to bad rubish......garbage...trash......something like that

Taximom said:
And the fine print should have read "...at the end of the 3 year exile you must throw yourself over the Falls".

How in the world can this happen? As Nancy Grace would say to that judge: "You are in contempt!"
"over the falls" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D I like that! Taximom...I vote you in as one of our judges! :dance:

CyberLaw said:
He is a US citizen by birth. He is yours.

He is married to a Canadian women, hence is is "fast" tracked for Landed Immigrant status.

He has a wife and residence in Canada, formerly lived in Canada with his wife.

But he can be deported back to the place of his birth - the USA.

Just like the US Government can "deport" a Canadian who has "status" in the USA by marrying a US citizen.

If the person is a "danger" to the citizens of that country, has a criminal record then the person can be "kicked" out of the country and denied entry even to visit. Even if he/she has a criminal record in their country of origin, then tries to cross over to the USA or Canada, they are denied passage due to "criminal inadmisability".

He is a "guest" in Canada, but he is a "citizen" of the USA.
I CAN SEE HOW THIS WOULD REALLY PISS YALL OFF OVER THERE! It is an embarrassment to the U.S. for allowing such a fool to become a judge. :eek:

deandaniellws said:
"over the falls" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D I like that! Taximom...I vote you in as one of our judges! :dance:
Ooohhh, if I could do that to this guy I'd accept in a minute. Although I really hate the thought of polluting the water with scum like him.

Yeah but the question is: New York and Canada share Niagara Falls. God forbid that on the New York side he is pushed in, and his body ends up in Canada. Another international uproar. Who will then replace all of the dead fish and marine life when his body pollutes the water. It would take the Governement years to figure out that one.

New York: Well he floated over to Canada

Canada: You pushed him over the falls from New York, he is yours.

New York: But he is now on your side, he is your problem.

Canada: You never asked us, you did not consult us, you pay to get him out and send him back to New York.

New York: He is your problem now, he is on "your side" of the border. We only pushed him in on good faith, we had no "idea" that the body would float over an International Border. But he is yours now.

Canada: Is not.

New York: Is too.

Hummmmm.

CyberLaw said:
Yeah but the question is: New York and Canada share Niagara Falls. God forbid that on the New York side he is pushed in, and his body ends up in Canada. Another international uproar. Who will then replace all of the dead fish and marine life when his body pollutes the water. It would take the Governement years to figure out that one.

New York: Well he floated over to Canada

Canada: You pushed him over the falls from New York, he is yours.

New York: But he is now on your side, he is your problem.

Canada: You never asked us, you did not consult us, you pay to get him out and send him back to New York.

New York: He is your problem now, he is on "your side" of the border. We only pushed him in on good faith, we had no "idea" that the body would float over an International Border. But he is yours now.

Canada: Is not.

New York: Is too.

Hummmmm.
:D
I love Canada. I'm sorry we have stupid judges.

The very latest:

He was released from Immigration, he is to "live in St. Catherine's.

Hi lawyer successfully argued: This was his first offence and "it was not "that serious(in his opinion) and he was deemed not be be a "general" risk to the public.

But:

The DA is drafting a brief in the USA to have him come back to the USA to serve his sentence. They want to "make up for the decision" to send him to Canada to serve only a probation sentence.

So lets see how this will play out.

I love the USA also, just not too thrilled with "the political" situation and the level of violence. But the USA does rock.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back