NY NY - Manhattan, East River, WhtFem 12-18, 201UFNY, Skunkjam/Perfect Thyroid T-shirt, May'00

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by ihadcabinfever, Mar 16, 2007.

1. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

2. Manwel

Manwel Well-Known Member

Given the likelihood that this UID had been at a concert, and given the height, weight, and type of clothing, I feel like the age range of 12-18 seems a bit low. I would think at least 16-22 given the boot blouser. That almost feels very specific to someone in military, to have that with you.

There was a Perfect Thyroid concert on Friday, April 14, 2000 at THE HAUNT in Ithaca. But that's probably too close to the May 2000 UID discovery as the details say the post-mortem interval was several months. On December 9, 1999 there was an article in the Marist College student newspaper about a Pilfers show stolen by the opening act Perfect Thyroid ("this last Saturday night," so probably Saturday the 4th as the Internet says the 9th was a Thursday). Poughkeepsie is right along the Hudson River and is where Vassar is located. December of 1999 would also match the "deceased for several months" requirement mentioned in the Jane Doe details.

What is the likelihood that the UID was put into the Hudson River in Poughkeepsie and carried downstream until currents pushed her into East River? How likely is that?

Alternatively, it's only a two-hour drive to NYC. How common/likely is it that someone in NYC would drive/take a train to Poughkeepsie for a show and come back? (I am keeping in mind the one time when I was a young person and I took a bus two hours to Portland, OR to see a show and then literally stayed awake overnight at a 24-hour cafe by myself until 6 am to take a bus back to where I was living. The stupid things we do for live music.) All of this still makes me think this was not a 12-year-old. The clothing and potential last known whereabouts make me think older teen or over 18.

3. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

she was most likely a fan of the band but its hard to say about wearing the shirt to the concert.. Thats one of those iffy fashion things lol and she sounds in style for the time. I also doubt she was a lesbian. Gwen Stefani was doing a look like this in the same era (photo from 2000). It was just the trend [​IMG]

carbuff, turanna25, madamx and 3 others like this.
  4. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

When she gets her name back, someone has some explaining to do regarding why she hasn't been reported missing (if she hasn't.)
    This poor girl.

madamx, Beekarina, ThePhantom and 2 others like this.
  5. Beekarina

Beekarina Well-Known Member

Bumping for the young girl in the East River....

madamx, Bit of hope and turanna25 like this.
  6. Beekarina

madamx likes this.
  7. Beekarina

Rose Forcum also has some resemblance. While someone did come forward and claim she was buried locally, a search of the area did not turn up anything, so they're not sure if this was valid info. She disappeared with an older friend, who had a history of drug use, and both had a history of running away.

Roseanna Marie Forcum – The Charley Project

Just noting.

201UFNY.jpg roseanna_marie_forcum_1.jpg

madamx and turanna25 like this.
  8. Beekarina

This UID was so young. Does anyone have any insight? Suggestions?

9. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I see a resemblance with Rosanna

turanna25 likes this.
  10. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I need to correct something I've said in the past.

In several of the NY cases where remains were found in the East River, I had questioned the direction a body might have traveled, due to the river's flow.

I have since learned that the East "river" is not a river. It's a tidal estuary that connects New York Harbor with Long Island Sound, and depending on the tides, water can be flowing strongly in any direction, with significant difference in how high the water rises on the banks.

The Hudson is also still fully tidal as it goes past New York City.

So it's quite possible for bodies to travel significant distances in any direction.

11. sluethermac

sluethermac Active Member