Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

P McG.................
........................Pamela/ McGrier
............................................................or something similar sounding??...........just a hunch, noting for sure or certain..........just the first name i thought of when i read the initials, so i thought i post it just to add it............All MOO....and pure speculation on my part.

The Hell's Kitchen area of NYC (lately real estate agents in this area have been calling it "Clinton" instead, as I guess they think "Hell's Kitchen" doesn't sound too inviting) was always predominantly Irish. It was overrun with Irish gangs throughout the 19th and early 20th centuries, and the Irish mob operated there. Today, like many ethnic neighborhoods in NYC, especially here in Manhattan, Hell's Kitchen has become gentrified - lots of expensive condos going up and the families that have lived there for generations being pushed out because of rising rents. In the late 80s, however, there was still a significant Irish population. Due to this, and also the P McG ring, I'd be willing to bet our UID was Irish, probably 2nd or 3rd generation, would be my guess.

I doubt P McG is listed on any missing persons databases. It sounds like she was destitute, and may have been a prostitute/addicted to drugs, and estranged from her immediate family. The concrete 'tomb' would seem to indicate that whoever murdered her either owned the building she was murdered/'buried' in, or was close to whoever owned the building, thus allowing them the time and privacy to build the tomb/coffin. Would it be possible to find out who owned the building from, say, 1982-1992?

Speaking of Dail Dinwiddie, I just read about her case for the first time a few weeks ago on a forensic astrology blog. According to the astrologist who writes the blog, the stars 'predicted' that while walking home after leaving the bar, she was stalked and subsequently hit from behind and knocked out by a man, then brought to the man's house in a nearby neighborhood/suburban area where he and his girlfriend/wife kept her captive for quite awhile and forced her to act in *advertiser censored*. It then said that at some point she became addicted to drugs while being held captive, was eventually set free, and set out to live on the streets and became a prostitute in another city (outside of Virginia) to support her drug habit. This astrologer's theory was that after being held captive for so long and submitted to unspeakable acts and becoming addicted to drugs, Dail didn't/couldn't face her family, thus resulting in her leaving Virginia altogether. But she seemed to truly believe that Dail is still very much alive, or at least she was for quite awhile after her disappearance. Granted, I don't know how much stock I put into this kind of thing, but I thought her theory was interesting in regards to several of you comparing her to our unidentified, who by all accounts appeared destitute and or addicted.

I love vintage clothes and have seen that ILGWU logo before.

Here's an ILGWU label from a vintage slip. The other side of this label is printed with the Sears logo, so I assume that some clothing manufacturers printed the ILGWU logo right on the main tag and others used separate tags, one just for the logo. The "75" on my tag might mean the year the garment was made. I have another slip with a "76" on it. Maybe there was an "88" on the clothing tag found with Jane Doe.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/Rollerwings/photos003.jpg

Is the estimation of height totaly accurate?

She looks like Tammy Akers. Akers was 14 when she ran away in 1977, so she would have been about 17 or 18 in 1979 if that earlier date were correct. She was petite and red-headed.

But I assume the garment tag and the soldier must have been rolled up in the carpet with her, which would make the later time pretty definite, unfortunately.

Attachments

• 337UFNY.jpg
    337UFNY.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 62
  • akers_tammy.jpg
    akers_tammy.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 26
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/254ufny.html

Unidentified White Female

Skeletal remains found on May 13, 1984 at Harriman State Park, Orange County, New York, adjacent to State Route 6, South.
Cause of death is an apparent gunshot.
Estimated date of death: January 1982

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 35 - 45 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'4"; 100-140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Her hair was naturally gray, but she had dyed it brown. She was of medium build.
Clothing: Gray cotton jersey shorts, aprx. 27" waist and a light-colored bra, aprx. 34" - 36". Also found was a single-pierced earring; a yellow gold necklace; a 14K yellow gold engagement ring size 6½ with European cut center diamond of 1.10 carats with 3 smaller diamonds on each side. This ring resized larger. Also found was a 3-stone 14K yellow gold mother's ring with aqua and ruby stones, and third stone missing (March & July remained). This ring marked with "14KT. P.G." ???????

Wonder if they are related?

I think the 14KT PG stands for 14K Plumb Gold.

As a redhead, AND the bearer of a "Mc" surname, I would just like to point out the fallacy that most redheads are of Irish decent. Scotland actually has the highest percentage (around 40%, I think) of redheads in the world, and just as many, if not more, "Mc" surnames.
Also, I looked up the most common Christian/given names for girls in the 60s that started with "p", and in the top 100:

Pamela
Patricia
Paula
and Peggy
*peggy was a very popular nickname in the 50s and 60s - I know several in close family and friends who were born during that time.

Hi everyone - new here - I was reading about this case on the Doe Network site and it's been bothering me... seems like the ring would be a good lead, hard to believe she hasn't been identified yet (runaway from out of state?). The person who put her there has to be connected with the building, like a super, porter, known contractor to the bldg, or property manager/landlord to get that much concrete in without being noticed by the super or residents. Just my thoughts.

Thanks, Cubby :)

I just found this link: http://missing-and-unidentified.org/midtown_jane_doe/study.html which has some interesting info such as, the label of her clothing was misidentified and the correct ID adds approx 20 years to the time frame of death.

I also think the ring's initials should be read as P.G. Mc. If I were named Patricia McGill, I think it would be strange to say my initials are P. McG. More likely the G is a middle name. I also don't think it was a man's ring (father, boyfriend, killer) since it was on her pinky. A woman, especially a woman that petite, is almost guaranteed to have thinner fingers than most men; if it were a man's ring it would be on her middle finger or on a chain around her neck.

I searched & can't find the answer, does anyone know if the rat poison bag was found in the concrete with her, or just at the scene? Would be nice if it was in the concrete as that would narrow down the time frame a lot from 1966 when the watch was made.

I searched & can't find the answer, does anyone know if the rat poison bag was found in the concrete with her, or just at the scene? Would be nice if it was in the concrete as that would narrow down the time frame a lot from 1966 when the watch was made.

I don't know if the information is accurate, but I found a myspace website for Midtown Jane Doe that says the bag was found under the concrete. I'm going to keep looking for more info though.

http://www.myspace.com/midtownjanedoe

Thanks, Snufamonbobball. I was at that site earlier and didn't catch that - not used to Myspace layout anymore! As for what the Det. said, no matter if the bag was already there, or placed there, that still would placed her time of death 1979 - 2003 when she was discovered.

Glittery clothes also might just have been the style from disco era, not necessarily pointing towards her being a hooker.

I've been thinking all day about this and I feel her death may have been connected to the Westies. No pimp or dealer can move that much concrete without anyone noticing and wondering why. The entire situation seems planned out. 45+ bags of concrete aren't just in a random person's car if they argue with their gf, snap and kill them. She was probably killed upstairs, they wrapped her in the rug to get her to the basement with no one noticing, then had the concrete poured. The knot that tied her was like a scaffolding knot, it was not a crude knot. It points to someone with construction ties/experience.

I've been thinking all day about this and I feel her death may have been connected to the Westies. No pimp or dealer can move that much concrete without anyone noticing and wondering why. The entire situation seems planned out. 45+ bags of concrete aren't just in a random person's car if they argue with their gf, snap and kill them. She was probably killed upstairs, they wrapped her in the rug to get her to the basement with no one noticing, then had the concrete poured. The knot that tied her was like a scaffolding knot, it was not a crude knot. It points to someone with construction ties/experience.

I am not sure it is connected to the Westies but I agree there is much more than an angry pimp or a bad date here. The disposal was extremely involved and time consuming. Whoever killed her didn't want her found for a while and did alot of work to make sure of that!

Thanks, Cubby :)

I just found this link: http://missing-and-unidentified.org/midtown_jane_doe/study.html which has some interesting info such as, the label of her clothing was misidentified and the correct ID adds approx 20 years to the time frame of death.

I also think the ring's initials should be read as P.G. Mc. If I were named Patricia McGill, I think it would be strange to say my initials are P. McG. More likely the G is a middle name. I also don't think it was a man's ring (father, boyfriend, killer) since it was on her pinky. A woman, especially a woman that petite, is almost guaranteed to have thinner fingers than most men; if it were a man's ring it would be on her middle finger or on a chain around her neck.

That link was great and included in-depth details about the case. The information seem reliable but how can we confirm that?

If it is, then the date of death would be late 60s, early 70s which changes pretty much everything in term of looking for missing persons!

Such an involved disposal with concrete means there was a story behind this, much more than a prostitute IMO.

It's aa very interesting case

Namus link has four ruleouts

Sherill Levett 1900 Alabama
Stacy McCall 1974 Missouri
Kimberly McClasky 1966 Illinois
Suzanne Streeter 1973 Missouri

If Charley Project information is correct they, amazingly enough got her first name, last name, year of birth and state all wrong...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/levitt_sherrill.html
Not really sure why someone thought she might need to be ruled out, she's way out of the age range.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306
Back