Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

I mean technically it is possible she was estranged from her way older husband for who she played truant and subsequently dropped out of school early, then adopted her baby out and hung out at a club where she met some random serial killer who put her in the basement of a building her husband had connections to. But it is very unlikely. I bet it is exactly what the husband told everybody. "Huh, i dont know. Patricia left me and i have no idea where she went."

I'm so glad she was identified. I'm always so happy to see it.

Here's what I'm noticing...all MOO. A lot of Patricia's turning up dead, usually with strangulation involved, in the northeast around the same time. Coincidence? Probably. The manner of death for Patricia McG. and the way she was found (concrete and artifacts aside) is very similar to Patricia Newsome, found in '78 and Identified in 2023. We also have Patricia Tucker from I believe CT (or was originally), found in MA in '78 as well, also strangled (but also shot, and just dumped). All signs point to her husband (who never reported her missing either), Gerald Coleman. I'm not saying it was him, I just think the coincidences here are interesting to think about. Patricia Tucker aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Patricia McG and Patricia N were killed by the same person/people.
Random thoughts, fwiw, complete speculation, imo.
Thinking of the dime found with the remains and remembering the once upon a time cost for using a public telephone booth was a dime!

Many females with Irish ancestry are named Patricia, imo, also many attend Catholic institutions, where they may form some familiarity with others ethnicities sometimes, some of whom, are associated with 'the mob''.

One might imagine that somebody threatening to make a call and trying to leave from whomever/wherever - (Apt. above the club? ) was permanently stopped from making that call.

While the speculation is running high here, how's this....?

What if hubby were a hitman for the mob? She found out and dropped a dime on him....mob got word and he either knew to, or was told to, get rid of her.

All kinds of possibilities re hogtie (she was 'sweated' to get her confession) and when she admitted it buried with dime (SOP) -- soldier may have been his personal touch (as a 'soldier' in the mob).

MOO - IANAE - YMMV - etc.
I find that a lot more plausible than the serial killer theory.

On the Tribeca Jane Doe site, someone just mentioned Prohibition era tunnels. I guess these speakeasies had a tunnel system. So I found some info for the Hell's Kitchen area and Prohibition. There was a famous speakeasy (one of several in the area) and its space is now occupied by Barbetta's, and the address of Barbetta's is 321 W 46th St, so very close to Patricia's location. Another location named has address of 346 W 46th St, again, really close. This would be a "tunnel system," so there may have been tunnels associated with that building where she was found. Also seeing this: "A war between Mr. Spillane and Jimmy Coonan, a younger rival, littered Hell’s Kitchen with corpses from the late 1960s until Mr. Spillane was shot dead in Queens in 1977."

Definitely something to think about with the organized crime.

View attachment 501517
The 'photo' of her looks like AI to me.
Likely remastered by AI. The teeth are spot on and there are details (stamp on top right, frills on shirt) that AI can do but not as well. You may have a better eye for that than me. Overall the photo is very smooth and perfect, perfect eyebrows, skin... which could be suspicious. Also it is close to the parabon recon

Last edited:
To be fair for my mom's graduation photos from the same time they are similar but this is a bit more worked
yeah my mom's portrait photos from the time period are weirdly smooth-shaded due to airbrushing and painted-on highlights in the teeth, I'm guessing it's a combo of that and what the others are saying about some sort of AI upscaling/re-rezzing program.

Likely remastered by AI. The teeth are spot on and there are details (stamp on top right, frills on shirt) that AI can do but not as well. You may have a better eye for that than me. Overall the photo is very smooth and perfect, perfect eyebrows, skin... which could be suspicious. Also it is close to the parabon recon
It's definitely AI. The images come from a website that uses AI images for their articles.

Midtown Jane Doe Identified as Patricia Kathleen McGlone After Decades-Long Mystery | NewsGPT.ai

Confirmed there was a speakeasy once at this location/source: "According to a report and reader input at New York history blog Vanishing New York, the building was not only once the site of a speakeasy called The Cave of the Fallen Angels, but later the rock-n-roll The Scene, the Collins Bar, the Anthony-Bourdain-profiled Lady Anne’s ..."

Another source: "...the basement of the building housed a speakeasy in the 1920’s with a Russian clientele and a rock club in the late 1960’s..."

Confirmed there was a speakeasy once at this location/source: "According to a report and reader input at New York history blog Vanishing New York, the building was not only once the site of a speakeasy called The Cave of the Fallen Angels, but later the rock-n-roll The Scene, the Collins Bar, the Anthony-Bourdain-profiled Lady Anne’s ..."

Another source: "...the basement of the building housed a speakeasy in the 1920’s with a Russian clientele and a rock club in the late 1960’s..."
Sooooo interesting.

Makes you think about how many stories ARE in those old buildings...
Ha...as I was typing, I could see that my sentence has two meanings!!!

I remain confused about a possible person she was married to.
But we heard a forensics expert disqualify that information, correct?
Can anyone remind me of any verifiable family.
Looks like the guy thought to have been her husband actually was not the right person, probably some name likeness on her or his side. But i think what was not disqualified was that she was married and that the husband had some connection to the building.

Looks like the guy thought to have been her husband actually was not the right person, probably some name likeness on her or his side. But i think what was not disqualified was that she was married and that the husband had some connection to the building.
Turns out it's a rather common name, so other identifying info is needed; AFAIK we do not have a middle name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back