Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

Was looking through older articles and one from 2003 said this:

"Cops are looking to identify and question the building’s former superintendent..." (NY Post) which made me think of the post below.
Did anyone see this mentioned in any other articles or know if they found him?
My guess is they interviewed previous tenants so found out about him that way but I'm curious about him and wonder if he was there twenty years previously also.

(sbm):
...so I lived on the top floor in 5A in 1988 with a woman named Monica. I still have my New York state id from that address...My guess is that the building superintendent killed her. He was a short man with dark hair who did not speak English and wasn't very nice. ... I once was walking around and I saw the building superintendent in what appeared to me were he lived in the building in what looked like a closet to me, it was very strange.

Has LE confirmed she had a child? Was this based on autopsy results or just the fact that a toy soldier was wrapped up in the carpet with her?

Could it be possible that she had no child but the individual who killed her did/does?
No time for child. Married and murdered within year. No mention of fetal remains.
The husband married her under alias as hs was already married… and so much more.

Was looking through older articles and one from 2003 said this:

"Cops are looking to identify and question the building’s former superintendent..." (NY Post) which made me think of the post below.
Did anyone see this mentioned in any other articles or know if they found him?
My guess is they interviewed previous tenants so found out about him that way but I'm curious about him and wonder if he was there twenty years previously also.

(sbm):
She married at 16
She married at age 16. to a guy with an alias. I think I have solid theory and documentatuion. I wouldn’t hesitate to share findings with LE. They are that solid.

Although I can’t comment on this case as it’s an open homicide investigation, I can say that it is routine in any investigation to check births, marriages and deaths with vital records. Also keep in mind that the NBC news segment was edited.
I have traced the documents. And they lead to a solid theory with names and dates.

<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

I know it's not impossible for a 16 year old to be married (especially back then) but wouldn't a 16 year old in 1969 still need parental consent for a marriage? I also know this usually varies by state. Would it have been hard for her to lie about her age at the time?

I'm leaning more towards her dying after 1969, but pre-1975.
Marriage records reflect correct age.

No time for child. Married and murdered within year. No mention of fetal remains.
The husband married her under alias as hs was already married… and so much more.

Yikes. Are more aliases known? What a con artist. What happened to his other wife? Reminds me of Rasmussen or Muldavin, there were more guys like them out there.

Story in People magazine has the following: "The cold case involving the teenager's body, which was found under a Manhattan building, has been traced back to around 1969, when the 16-year-old vanished from her Brooklyn neighborhood, New York Police Department Detective Ryan Glas said, per NBC New York and CBS News."

Continues: "McGlone grew up in Brooklyn and attended Catholic school, Glas says, according to NBC New York. She was not reported missing by her family, and Glas says she may have run off voluntarily and gotten married, per CBS New York."

So the parents may not have "signed off" on this character-- whoever he turns out to be-- she was with after all. Maybe so, but maybe not. However, I would guess if she was abducted, there'd be a report.

Kind of too bad Tony Sirico (of Paulie Walnuts fame) is dead. I wonder who he knew at The Scene. According to a former employee at The Scene, in it's final days, Sirico was the shakedown man and would cause trouble (beat downs and brawls) for everyone if they didn't pay their "dues". Seems like the place got rough at the end and the shakedowns were part of the reason Steve Paul threw in the towel.

Edited to add: Sirico finally did get in trouble for his activities. He plead guilty to felony gun possession and served 20 months of a four-year sentence in Sing Sing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back