NY NY - NY, 125th St station, WhtMale 60-80, UP7958, tatts: eagle, chief, military/patriotic, Mar'93

683DMCA - Yuri Sem Isarev

The nose, it bends

Height: 6'0" he could have shrunk an inch
Weight: 164 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: YIsarev.jpg Unknown

The Doe Network: Case File 4085DMFL

Zygmont Jeroszko

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 220-230 lbs.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Zygmont Jeroszko was last seen raking leaves outside his home.
He apparently got in his truck without saying anything to anyone and drove away.
His truck is a blue 1983 Ford Bronco with a license plate number "5032ARD", from New York, his summer home.

I have been lurking on this thread for awhile.
For those posters wondering about why fingerprints or military records are not available, here is the reason. In 1973 a MASSIVE fire on July 12 swept through the National Personnel Records Center in Kansas. The fire burned for 2 days before firefighters could even enter the building.
Local residents had to remain indoors for 4 days, until the fire was under control/extinguished.

16-18 million records of military personnel were destroyed. There were no micofilm copies ever kept or made, and duplicate records were never made, previous to the fire.

The primary records that were destroyed included the following:
All ARMY personnel discharged between Nov. 1, 1912 through Jan1, 1960- 80% of the records were destroyed.
AIR FORCE records of discharged personnel Sept 25, 1947 through Jan. 1, 1964, with all last names that occur alphabetically after Hubbard, James E.- 75% of records destroyed.

Soiurce: The 1973 Fire, National Personnel Records Center

For those posters wondering about why fingerprints or military records are not available, here is the reason. In 1973 a MASSIVE fire on July 12 swept through the National Personnel Records Center in Kansas. The fire burned for 2 days before firefighters could even enter the building.
Local residents had to remain indoors for 4 days, until the fire was under control/extinguished.

16-18 million records of military personnel were destroyed. There were no micofilm copies ever kept or made, and duplicate records were never made, previous to the fire.

All ARMY personnel discharged between Nov. 1, 1912 through Jan1, 1960- 80% of the records were destroyed.
AIR FORCE records of discharged personnel Sept 25, 1947 through Jan. 1, 1964, with all last names that occur alphabetically after Hubbard, James E.- 75% of records destroyed.

Thank you for sharing this. A good amount of my father's records were lost do to this fire. I try to keep this in mind when we have older cases of possible military UIDs.

Much like with the general public there are also privacy issues with military records. Police departments cannot randomly check every available record on every current and past DOD employee. They need the name of a person to check against.

The northbound A train doesn't go much further. It has 7 more stops and then ends up in Inwood.
Maybe we can get this guy in some of those local community groups on social media. I'm thinking maybe someone would recognize him from the communities that are along those 7 stops.

There is a VA clinic at 125th street (I can't find what year it started) but it seems reasonable that he didn't come very far then. He's wearing sneakers in a blizzard too which also makes me think that.
There are other facilities in lower Manhattan and in the Bronx. I haven't been able to find out if they existed in 1993.

The northbound A train doesn't go much further. It has 7 more stops and then ends up in Inwood.
Maybe we can get this guy in some of those local community groups on social media. I'm thinking maybe someone would recognize him from the communities that are along those 7 stops.

There is a VA clinic at 125th street (I can't find what year it started) but it seems reasonable that he didn't come very far then. He's wearing sneakers in a blizzard too which also makes me think that.
There are other facilities in lower Manhattan and in the Bronx. I haven't been able to find out if they existed in 1993.

Thanks @apearn !
I agree with you, I don't think he had plans to stay out long and was local.
It's just a shame that nearly 30 years have gone by, and neighbors who may have recognized him, have probably come and gone since then.

Good to know....what a bummer....

I went ahead and opened his eyes, and added fur collar like was listed on his coat, et al.
Hope it helps.
View attachment 273474

PS...This may be similar to his appearance as a younger man.
View attachment 273477

wow .. I have not been on this thread in so long.coffeeandacig This is amazing what you did with the recon!!
. I can’t believe he has never been identified. Someone must of known this guy. Especially with the tattoos. Reminds me of my old friends Grandfather he had an old school tattoo on his forearm like that and he was white haired old Irish guy. He was always outside standing in front of the house having a cigarette in a white tshirt. I picture this guy the same.

I tried to upload the images again but I could only upload the young looking one.

Attachments

• 59A3C567-244B-4F79-825C-4C34FAAAE33B.png
    59A3C567-244B-4F79-825C-4C34FAAAE33B.png
    377 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Unidentified Person Case

Scar/mark
2" scar on right shin just below knee, .5" scar on left lower forearm

Clothing
coat with a hood, flannel shirt, belt, socks, chino-type pants
On the Body

Footwear
"Reebok" sneakers

Eye Description brown/green
Hair Color White
Head Hair Description 1", straight

Height 5' 9"(69 inches) , Measured
Weight 170 lbs, Measured

Unknown white male was witnessed to collapse on a northbound A train at the 125th street station.

Scar/mark
2" scar on right shin just below knee, .5" scar on left lower forearm

Clothing
coat with a hood, flannel shirt, belt, socks, chino-type pants
On the Body

Footwear
"Reebok" sneakers

Eye Description brown/green
Hair Color White
Head Hair Description 1", straight

Height 5' 9"(69 inches) , Measured
Weight 170lbs, Measured

Unknown white male was witnessed to collapse on a northbound A train at the 125th street station.

Oh I don’t know if this guy was posted but I found this guy missing Feb 1993. Does not mention tattoos but I thought I would post anyway.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP7231John Denner Bean, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactFebruary 16, 1993
Missing FromEast Norriton Township, Pennsylvania

I converted the recon coffeeandacig made into b/w . I thought he looked similar.

Attachments

• 6BE66F69-1CE2-4242-B7A8-E55C94486C5B.png
    6BE66F69-1CE2-4242-B7A8-E55C94486C5B.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 361D9DEC-A6C3-4632-8472-A5C50A9D0DBD.jpeg
    361D9DEC-A6C3-4632-8472-A5C50A9D0DBD.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1
Oh I don’t know if this guy was posted but I found this guy missing Feb 1993. Does not mention tattoos but I thought I would post anyway.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP7231John Denner Bean, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactFebruary 16, 1993
Missing FromEast Norriton Township, Pennsylvania

I converted the recon coffeeandacig made into b/w . I thought he looked similar.

This is the CP file John Denner Bean.
John Denner Bean – The Charley Project

What would make him go out on a Saturday morning during a big blizzard?
I was always assuming he was getting stocked with meds in case he was homebound for a while. It could that maybe as visiting someone in a nursing home or a hospital. Hmmmm.........

Here is the current A train map. IDK if it was the same back in '93
A Train (8 Avenue express) Line Map

Bumping your post so my signature links show up. Thanks for the info.

What would make him go out on a Saturday morning during a big blizzard?
I was always assuming he was getting stocked with meds in case he was homebound for a while. It could that maybe as visiting someone in a nursing home or a hospital. Hmmmm.........

Here is the current A train map. IDK if it was the same back in '93
A Train (8 Avenue express) Line Map

I also think it was about a strong human relation of any kind (f.i. wife, very good friend, handicapped adult child in hospital or institution) Someone he didn't want to let down and had to visit. I'm not sure if he took medicine, but you can do without for a couple of days? So there must have been something more pressing for him to go out. Speculation of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back