NY - Mark David Chapman & the murder of John Lennon, 1980

It doesnt seem possible that its been thirty years since the murder of John Lennon.
His killer Mark David Chapman is still cooling his heels in Attica prison.
I suppose he'll be applying for Parole again soon.
RIP John.You aint missed much....

RIP John...

I remember this day SO clearly and cannot believe it has been 30 years!

It doesnt seem possible that its been thirty years since the murder of John Lennon.

I agree..it doesn't seem possible that it has been 30 years. I still remember everything so vividly about that day.

Here's another thread that has been going under the Celebrity News section.

Wednesday December 8th it will be 30 years since John Lennon's death. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Can you just imagine all the music he would have written in the last 30 years? His murder was a horrendous loss, imo. I do still get choked up when I think about it.

RIP John

I added Instant Karma. It has always been my favroite Lennon song - hands down.

Love this video with Yoko crocheting blindfolded.

John, you'll always shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun...............

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4[/ame]

:waitasec: just wondered what you meant by the bold...

I truly miss John Lennon. Imagine what he could have continued to do if he weren't taken from the world so soon.

his final interview was released today ((here is link))

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/68404/240063

Where to start...I love all of John's songs and the Beatles...

Woman

Strawberry Fields ( due to my first love having strawberry blond hair)

Imagine, my favorite...

Give Peace a Chance...

Rest in Peace, John...the day you died was the day the music stopped...but Yoko keeps you alive and she will make sure you're killer stays right where he is...JMHO

Lennon quotes:

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans."

"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal."

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first -- rock and roll or Christianity."

"The world went mad and used us as an excuse."

"Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty."

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/a...orating-the-life-of-a-beatles-legend/19751597

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiG65Dmc6dI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I ran across this the other day... such wonderful memories. John is missed.

[video=youtube;hb2YSAVHmIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb2YSAVHmIE[/video]

Another big favorite of mine was "WOMAN"
Lyrics have been on my mind all day..........

I often think about Johns son (Sean) and his widow (Yoko Ono). My thoughts are with them today, as I'm sure this was incredibly difficult for them.

Hope you're resting peacefully John. You really changed our world.

:rose:

:waitasec: just wondered what you meant by the bold...

I truly miss John Lennon. Imagine what he could have continued to do if he weren't taken from the world so soon.

his final interview was released today ((here is link))

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/68404/240063
That was an excellent issue of Rolling Stone.
Those Annie Lebovitz photos that were taken on Dec 8th just hours before John's death are haunting.

I will never forget that day. I HEARD THE SHOTS.
I told my visiting friend "that was a gunshot" and he said no it was a truck backfire. I said "NO it was a gunshot".
I felt something strange, very strange and uneasy.
A couple of hours later it was announced. MY friend said "YOU DID HEAR IT".
However, the surreal thing is that up to about 15 years ago I always felt that date.
THE SAME felling would come over me, and I would say I bet it is 12/8 and sure enough, it would be.

An old friend was their gardener in all their homes;
Shortly after the shooting Dan came in as Shawn's handler at the Dakota.
I met Dan after he came to the Dakota.
The Dakota is three blocks from my house I can see the rooftop from my window.

I don't have any use for John Lennon. I like the song "Imagine."

I will never forget that day. I HEARD THE SHOTS.
I told my visiting friend "that was a gunshot" and he said no it was a truck backfire. I said "NO it was a gunshot".
I felt something strange, very strange and uneasy.
A couple of hours later it was announced. MY friend said "YOU DID HEAR IT".
However, the surreal thing is that up to about 15 years ago I always felt that date.
THE SAME felling would come over me, and I would say I bet it is 12/8 and sure enough, it would be.

An old friend was their gardener in all their homes;
Shortly after the shooting Dan came in as Shawn's handler at the Dakota.
I met Dan after he came to the Dakota.
The Dakota is three blocks from my house I can see the rooftop from my window.
Wow,Thats something Songline to be that close.
I was in the middle of reading John and Yoko's interview in the new Playboy ,sketching randomly and listening to a Vacouver Bc radio station(the only one I could get in western Montana at the time) The DJ announced that he'd been shot, played a song he had cued up ('Another One Bites The Dust' which was a hit for Queen at the time "..out of the doorway the bullets rip..." I think about that night everytime I hear that song to this day.) and came back on and announced that John was dead.
For some reason I reached down and wrote 'John Lennon 1980' on the sketch I was working on.
It felt so surreal hearing his words in my head while I read that interview then to hear he was gone like that.
It wasnt until days later I learned that what I wrote was exactly what John had written on Mark David Chapmans album. Needless to say it was creepy and sad at the same time.
That piece of paper managed to follow me around for decades through many moves until about five years ago it popped up again and I burned it.
Enough, I figured.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back