NY NY - Michael "Mikey" Stewart, 40, Staten Island, 21 Dec 2018 *Guilty*

A surveillance video was posted 6-9 hours ago of the last time he was shown:
Article: Exclusive: Video shows last sighting of missing Staten Island man feared dead

EDIT: So let me get this right, his last apperances were as follows:

December 20th, 2018 Thursday
6:30PM at O’Neill’s Irish Pub
around 7:00PM at Back 2 Life barbershop
7:30PM at EZ Does It barbershop

December 21th 2018 Friday
1:55AM text sent to mom "Please help me mom"

If anyone wants it, here are all the locations if he had walked or driven there (hope it works).

The locations are as follows:
O’Neill’s Irish Pub - 1614 Forest Ave, Staten Island, NY 10302
Back 2 Life barbershop - 515 Morningstar Rd, Staten Island, NY 10303
EZ Does It barbershop - 1807 Forest Ave, Staten Island, NY 10303

Last edited:
Source: NYPD Searching Pa. Landfill for Missing Dad

The NYPD has traveled to a Pennsyvlania landfill in their ongoing search for a missing Staten Island father who has been presumed dead, law enforcement sources say.

Law enforcement sources confirmed the NYPD was searching the Republic Service Conestoga Landfill, about 140 miles from New York City, in connection with the disappearance of Michael Stewart, who was last seen on Dec. 20.

Source: NYPD Searching Pa. Landfill for Missing Dad

The NYPD has traveled to a Pennsyvlania landfill in their ongoing search for a missing Staten Island father who has been presumed dead, law enforcement sources say.

Law enforcement sources confirmed the NYPD was searching the Republic Service Conestoga Landfill, about 140 miles from New York City, in connection with the disappearance of Michael Stewart, who was last seen on Dec. 20.

Pretty random place to "dump" a body. He must know somebody who works there. I don't believe it's a "public access" kind of dump, but I could be wrong.

ETA: Nevermind....maybe this landfill receives trash from New Jersey, where it's presumed the body was dumped? Was it dumped in a dumpster?

Pretty random place to "dump" a body. He must know somebody who works there. I don't believe it's a "public access" kind of dump, but I could be wrong.

ETA: Nevermind....maybe this landfill receives trash from New Jersey, where it's presumed the body was dumped? Was it dumped in a dumpster?

Reports said police had video of what could be a body being dumped in a dumpster by the suspects and they've been concerned that the body may have been incinerated.

So they saw two individuals dumping what seemed to look like a body in Perth Amboy, NJ and sanitation workers took that trash and it ended up in the Conestoga landfill? Wouldn't cameras also capture them or their vehicle when they crossed any of the four bridges out of Staten Island? If this is so, then that would mean he was killed on SI and they dumped the body in Perth, that's what I'm getting from the report btw, and now if there was a "body" it might have been incinerated by now.

EDIT: Which landfill? It says Berks Landfill in one and Conestoga Landfill in another. Unless they searched both?

In light of the LE developments with his murder, I’m really perplexed by his text to his Mom at 1:55am. What do you guys make of it? Do you think he was still alive in the dumpster and managed to text one text? If it was before they killed him, why would he be asking his Mom to help him? Could he have been in the trunk of the car on the way to the dumpster, still alive? I am stumped. I can’t put my finger on it...something just bugs me about it. jmo

So they saw two individuals dumping what seemed to look like a body in Perth Amboy, NJ and sanitation workers took that trash and it ended up in the Conestoga landfill? Wouldn't cameras also capture them or their vehicle when they crossed any of the four bridges out of Staten Island? If this is so, then that would mean he was killed on SI and they dumped the body in Perth, that's what I'm getting from the report btw, and now if there was a "body" it might have been incinerated by now.

EDIT: Which landfill? It says Berks Landfill in one and Conestoga Landfill in another. Unless they searched both?

Conestoga Landfill is in Berks County. There’s only one landfill.

In light of the LE developments with his murder, I’m really perplexed by his text to his Mom at 1:55am. What do you guys make of it? Do you think he was still alive in the dumpster and managed to text one text? If it was before they killed him, why would he be asking his Mom to help him? Could he have been in the trunk of the car on the way to the dumpster, still alive? I am stumped. I can’t put my finger on it...something just bugs me about it. jmo

There had been initial reports that he was having money issues and asking relatives for money. Maybe he owed this guy money and that's the help he was asking for?

It is bizarre. Did he think his mom would even be awake at that late hour to read his message? If he was able to type and send a text, why not call 911? Even if he felt he had to be silent, and all he could do was breathe into the phone, don't 911 operators stay on the line until they get a location to send help? It's possible the text was not sent by him, but the perpetrator, for whatever twisted reason I do not know... Thoughts?

There had been initial reports that he was having money issues and asking relatives for money. Maybe he owed this guy money and that's the help he was asking for?

That's an interesting idea, but if he needed money urgently and his life depended on it, wouldn't it be faster to call his mom and figure out a way to transfer or wire money? Or at least specify in the text that the help he needed was financial? Just seems he must have thought he had plenty of time to ease into a conversation with his mom when he starts off with such a vague comment, and at 1:55am, no less. Maybe his mom is a night owl (mine is), but most women 60+ are in bed well before then and may not wake up to the sound of a text (assuming their phone isn't on Do Not Disturb or Silent mode, which is a big assumption to make in and of itself). If Mikey sent that text, he must not have realized his life was in danger at that point. But I'm leaning toward someone else sending that text.

It is bizarre. Did he think his mom would even be awake at that late hour to read his message? If he was able to type and send a text, why not call 911? Even if he felt he had to be silent, and all he could do was breathe into the phone, don't 911 operators stay on the line until they get a location to send help? It's possible the text was not sent by him, but the perpetrator, for whatever twisted reason I do not know... Thoughts?

You have a great point with calling 911. I was thinking maybe things were going south quickly, so he went to the bathroom, freaked out and texted her. But, it would make much more sense to call 911. Unless he was hiding somewhere else and couldn’t risk any noise. Then, I thought maybe they thought he was dead, but he came to and realized he likely wasn’t going to make it and managed to text her. But, why wouldn’t he say he loved her if that was the case, as a goodbye. Would the perp have known his Mom’s contact to text her? If he died on SI, I keep thinking they’d need to drive him to the dumpster before too many people are around. Say, before 4am-5am. This is all completely JMO and thoughts. I’m stumped.

Once the dumpster was emptied into the truck, the hydraulic system would have compacted the trash to make more room. Only a handful of facilities incinerate trash in PA due to air quality restrictions. Most of it goes into a landfill and the methane gas produced is used for energy generation. Once trash goes into the landfill, it is compacted by large machinery running back and forth over it. Each day it is covered with either a layer of dirt or a layer of special foam to keep the seagulls off of it and the smell down. I would rather think that he was not alive to suffer any of this. If guilty, the needle is too good for these two. Life at forced hard labor would be more fitting. I wonder if LE has been able to ping the phone? I have had some luck finding discarded phones (they come up as mixed metal, aluminum/gold) with my advanced metal detecting equipment, however in a landfill the amount of junk metal might preclude that method.

That's an interesting idea, but if he needed money urgently and his life depended on it, wouldn't it be faster to call his mom and figure out a way to transfer or wire money? Or at least specify in the text that the help he needed was financial? Just seems he must have thought he had plenty of time to ease into a conversation with his mom when he starts off with such a vague comment, and at 1:55am, no less. Maybe his mom is a night owl (mine is), but most women 60+ are in bed well before then and may not wake up to the sound of a text (assuming their phone isn't on Do Not Disturb or Silent mode, which is a big assumption to make in and of itself). If Mikey sent that text, he must not have realized his life was in danger at that point. But I'm leaning toward someone else sending that text.

All makes sense but the other thing here is that Stewart is reported to have often been under the influence of either drugs or alcohol and given the course of his evening, could very well have been that night. So it may be asking too much for that text to make sense.

Once the dumpster was emptied into the truck, the hydraulic system would have compacted the trash to make more room. Only a handful of facilities incinerate trash in PA due to air quality restrictions. Most of it goes into a landfill and the methane gas produced is used for energy generation. Once trash goes into the landfill, it is compacted by large machinery running back and forth over it. Each day it is covered with either a layer of dirt or a layer of special foam to keep the seagulls off of it and the smell down. I would rather think that he was not alive to suffer any of this. If guilty, the needle is too good for these two. Life at forced hard labor would be more fitting. I wonder if LE has been able to ping the phone? I have had some luck finding discarded phones (they come up as mixed metal, aluminum/gold) with my advanced metal detecting equipment, however in a landfill the amount of junk metal might preclude that method.

I’d like to think, considering where he likely ended up, that he was deceased before he left the house/area where he was attacked. I just can’t figure out the text. It’s a heartbreaking text for sure. I feel so much sympathy for his Mom.

Maybe it's possible he asked for help to get money? Maybe he told his attackers "Hey, I can get $$. I'l text my Mom - she'd help me out, I'd give you $$ and you let me go?" Or perhaps one of his attackers sent that text to his mother to try & extort money from Mom but then thought better of it & didn't push forward with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back