GUILTY NY - Michael Reiner for child *advertiser censored*, Bay Shore, 2006

southcitymom said:
Great point. Of course the point could also be argued that now they can have their fanatsies more fulfilled by sharing material with each other, but BEFORE the internet, when material was so difficult to come by, they might have offended more because living children were the only fantasy material in their grasps.

Thanks. You may be right but it seems that there is whole lot more of this going on now...or maybe we just hear about it more.

Amra, good point about the internet making it easier for police to catch them.
My daughter says that she is the only one in her crowd of friends who has not been molested. That's scary.

SewingDeb said:
Amra, good point about the internet making it easier for police to catch them.
My daughter says that she is the only one in her crowd of friends who has not been molested. That's scary.
That is so very scary and the more indepth question should be of those friends how many of the molestors went to prison?

I would sadly venture to say that the number is very low.

SewingDeb said:
I think that is a very real consequence of the internet. Pervs and freaks find each other and feed off each other. The pedophile begins to feel that his/her desires are normal and the rest of us just don't understand. JMO.
I think that's a very valid opinion. Many people with any sort of difference from what is presented as mainstream will say "I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! I FEEL MORE NORMAL NOW!"

That would be true for people with breast cancer where one is removed, child molesters or whatever you can think of.

Amraann said:
I don't think that is the case..

I am guessing that before the internet the sicko's just went straight for their target.
If you think about it people of like mindedness tend to find each other even before the days of the internet. I am thinking here of other groups that would have been more shunned in previous times. Even though it is not illegal or in anyway anything that equates to this topic .. Gays managed to find each other. (No offense to anyone but I mean this as an example of how those with like minded views find each other rather then an implication that gays and pedophiles are in anyway alike)

It should also be noted that before the internet such cases were not as widely known about or discussed openly. Child predators had a lot of protection because it was a topic people did not talk about often.
Child protection laws have greatly increased in the last 15 years.
Not that long ago and probably even sometimes today fathers who molested their children are permitted to move right back into the family home and no charges filed.

I think that those who seek to find ways to fufill their fantasies will (and would) do so with or without the internet.
The internet just makes it easier for the rest of us to be aware of how many sicko's are out there and also makes it easier for the police to locate them.

I don't know how many of you have talked this topic with friends and family but I know that among my friends growing up there was an astounding number of them that were molested by someone...
These numbers of molesters and pedophiles we are currently seeing in my mind are more reflective of all of those I knew growing up who had been molested. (those molestors in all but one case, simply got away with it)
I look at this increase as a positive sign that they are now finally being caught and prosecuted and maybe our generation of children and theirs will grow up in a safer world.
Amraann, I totally agree with you. I have many adult friends that have told me that they were molested in one way or another. I don't think it has anything to do with victims hanging out together because our friendships were based on other things first. As far as family members go, there were different generations.

I just think the news media is making people more aware of it and legislature is finally taking it more seriously. Although we do have a long way to go.

I hope that the babies of our generation will feel the result of our awareness of this issue.

Amraann said:
That is so very scary and the more indepth question should be of those friends how many of the molestors went to prison?

I would sadly venture to say that the number is very low.

These are all children from upper middle class to very rich families. I don't know about prison for the molesters. I do know some are living with relatives and many are from out of town originally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back