NY NY - Michael Taus, 24, West Islip, 18 June 2010

Just heard from a friend of mine. Her Grandma lives In Elmont. She said they found his car on a side street off of Hempstead Tpke by back entrance to Belmont Race track. I don't know if I'm allowed to say what street though.

She said police were there for hours. LE had the street blocked off and saw the car being towed away. LE was interviewing the neighborhood.

Just heard from a friend of mine. Her Grandma lives In Elmont. She said they found his car on a side street off of Hempstead Tpke by back entrance to Belmont Race track. I don't know if I'm allowed to say what street though.

She said police were there for hours. LE had the street blocked off and saw the car being towed away. LE was interviewing the neighborhood.

You are talking about June 24, when the car was found, right?

I was reading the comments in response to the article from our local paper, Newsday.

There are 2 comments that claim there is "more to the story" and he "messed with the wrong crew."

comments 1 - 7 of 7

• [*] yankees4live
    You are right. there is more to this story. He mess with the wrong crew!!!!!!!!!!! that is i have to say about that.....
    • 7/29/10

• longislandjim
    There is more to this story.....
    • 7/29/10

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/7.1389378?view=article&totalComments=7

Wow Seifert - good find! Above Blued by me - I really hope that LE saw this and traced the ISPs of these two commenters. Sounds like they know something and if they don't, maybe they should be more careful how they post when it comes to missing persons.

I googled the two names and put in Newsday, come to see that the one is a consistent blogger to the "comments" section in Newsday. The other however had never posted before according to google search. Hmmmmm.......

I'm confused about the dog. Even if it was a picnic type date, I wouldn't take my dog? He seems to really love the dog. I doubt that he would leave him in the car all night.

Have they ever tracked down the woman he was suposed to be on a date with? This case is too weird.

I'm confused about the dog. Even if it was a picnic type date, I wouldn't take my dog? He seems to really love the dog. I doubt that he would leave him in the car all night.

Have they ever tracked down the woman he was suposed to be on a date with? This case is too weird.

We never found out if LE had contacted this woman. No current news and nothing from the family.

Yes this case is weird. The silence from his family and LE is frustrating.

We never found out if LE had contacted this woman. No current news and nothing from the family.

Yes this case is weird. The silence from his family and LE is frustrating.

I agree, I live locally and there has been no mention of anything. He could walk down my street in broad daylight and nobody would even recognize the fact that he is a missing person. In fact my family lives in the same town that he is from. They read 3 different papers each day and watch the news, yet had never even heard about this when I mentioned it to them.

Why are some missing persons cases made so public and others so secretive, I don't understand?
:waitasec:

No news still so I am really thinking he may have wanted or "needed" to leave for some reason. Maybe?
I mean there is no more plee from anyone close to him to find him. Why is everyone so quiet now?
Regardless, I hope he is okay. With the economy tanking the stress on some is unbearable.

Bringing this info over from another thread (posted by SummerBreeze, I think. - Hope that's okay to bring it here.) I can't access the entire article:

Family: Son missing since date with girl he met online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...line-1.2275048

September 9, 2010
By YAMICHE ALCINDOR yamiche.alcindor@newsday.com

Quote:
Almost three months after a West Islip man and his pit bull went missing, his family is still anxiously awaiting word on what happened to the man.

I wonder what "his cellphone was disconnected" really means. Did it get disconnected simply because he hasn't paid the bill while he's been missing?

I agree with the discussion about his dad probably not approving of Michael's choices in women and that being why he didn't share info about the date. I have seen his myspace.

However, things change. Dates cancel. Who know what he was doing or where he was going that night. It is my theory drugs are involved in some way. Perhaps he owed money and took the dog along for protection?

Please don't delete my post again... (And, btw, Fire Island is a very long island with many different communities and public beaches on it with only a few being gay.)

At first I felt that Michael Taus got himself involved with a woman who took advantage of him somehow.
Now, after reading some of posts on different sites, it does appear that
he may have had interests not known to family.
There was the post alluding to his car found near a track, betting comes to mind.

It sure seems someone out there knows the truth, and are just keeping quiet right now.

This case is strange.

Something is NOT right...

1. Him being secretive with his father over the date

2. Bringing his dog and bowls with him

3. Car left running

Now I am thinking this WAS NOT a date. It was a lie to ease his parents mind. I think he was involved with some shady people for whatever reason. He brought his pitbull for protection.

Didn't it mention in an article that Michael was in the auto-detailing business? Frankly, you can come across some shady people in that line of work, (sometimes, NOT ALWAYS, auto-detailing businesses are used as fronts for selling drugs, money laundering, or other illegal activity---NOT SAYING MICHAEL DID) so maybe that is what happened (hopefully not though).

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

As this person is missing from my own town, and only a few blocks away, this case particularly disturbs me. I don't believe that he was involved with drugs buying or selling, my gut instinct tells me that he was hijacked at whatever location he was supposed to meet this girl on his date. He took along his dog with water and food bowl because he was most likley meeting or going with her to a public place, likely a park. His car was used for a "joy" ride for six days until the perp or perps thought the car might be too hot, and the car hence was abandoned in Elmont (where most likely the perp or perps live).I'm very sorry to state that the police (if they can spare the man power) need to search woods and especially along the Southern State from West Islip to Elmont, and any parks near by where the car was found or on the way towards Elmont. A psychic, a recognized one would help. This is how I have viewed this case from the beginning. I am truly sorry for his family and wish I was in a position to help.

As this person is missing from my own town, and only a few blocks away, this case particularly disturbs me. I don't believe that he was involved with drugs buying or selling, my gut instinct tells me that he was hijacked at whatever location he was supposed to meet this girl on his date. He took along his dog with water and food bowl because he was most likley meeting or going with her to a public place, likely a park. His car was used for a "joy" ride for six days until the perp or perps thought the car might be too hot, and the car hence was abandoned in Elmont (where most likely the perp or perps live).I'm very sorry to state that the police (if they can spare the man power) need to search woods and especially along the Southern State from West Islip to Elmont, and any parks near by where the car was found or on the way towards Elmont. A psychic, a recognized one would help. This is how I have viewed this case from the beginning. I am truly sorry for his family and wish I was in a position to help.

Welcome & thanks for your insights.

Welcome JeanieRocks:
It is always good when a local person comes onto the threads. It helps me, gives me more insight to the person and the area.

I have followed Michael's case from the beginning, but I do not think any searches were done.
Do you think a local cadaver search team could help? Usually, LE has to invite them in order for them to be there.
I am sure finding a missing, perhaps a deceased person, is a priority, even if they do not have the manpower to do it themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back