Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

I never received a response from MVPD Commissioner Harris, which really disappointed me. There is a lot of turmoil in MV City Hall right now, so maybe that's why. We keep making the news and it never seems to be positive stuff.

At the suggestion of Al Ka, I am going to contact Nina Bernstein, who wrote the article in the NY Times that Al Ka linked here previously: For 22 Unclaimed Bodies in New York, a Grim Path From Death to Burial

Perhaps Ms. Bernstein would be willing to investigate this case and where MVJD's body ended up. She's probably in one of the Valhalla cemeteries, that's my best guess.

Would it be a good idea if we suggest this case to the DDP for consideration?

Perhaps we could finally get her identified.

I recently saw a MP post for Barbara Bruno Barbara Ann Bruno – The Charley Project. She reminded me of MV Jane Doe. Her hair, height, weight, eyes all match. There is such little information on Barbara Bruno but it does say that she disappeared a few years prior to MV Jane Doe being found. Barbara Bruno's photo's are from at least 3 years prior to her being listed as a MP. Barbara Bruno may have been headed to NYC from Rochester NY which is about a 5+ hr drive and Mt Vernon is only 20-30 mins north of NYC. I think this could certainly be a possibility especially if no one is actively searching for Barbara Bruno (I found no info or FB postings from any family members..). This could explain why no one would have connected the 2 if they are one in the same. This MVJD case has always bothered me. I lived in MV at the time of her being found.

Her 32nd anniversary is coming up. Hopefully Parabon gets NY accreditation soon. It's her only hope

Would it be a good idea if we suggest this case to the DDP for consideration?

Perhaps we could finally get her identified.

No, NY will not allow DDP to take her case unless they went to court to ask for a special clearance because the lab has to be NY accredited, unless one of the labs DDP already is. Parabon has supposedly applied for it

Hey AVee. I'm a Mt. Vernon lifer lol. I believe Barbara Bruno was suggested and ruled out a few years ago. I have to find my file and confirm.

I recently saw a MP post for Barbara Bruno Barbara Ann Bruno – The Charley Project. She reminded me of MV Jane Doe. Her hair, height, weight, eyes all match. There is such little information on Barbara Bruno but it does say that she disappeared a few years prior to MV Jane Doe being found. Barbara Bruno's photo's are from at least 3 years prior to her being listed as a MP. Barbara Bruno may have been headed to NYC from Rochester NY which is about a 5+ hr drive and Mt Vernon is only 20-30 mins north of NYC. I think this could certainly be a possibility especially if no one is actively searching for Barbara Bruno (I found no info or FB postings from any family members..). This could explain why no one would have connected the 2 if they are one in the same. This MVJD case has always bothered me. I lived in MV at the time of her being found.

Hey AVee. I'm a Mt. Vernon lifer lol. I believe Barbara Bruno was suggested and ruled out a few years ago. I have to find my file and confirm.

Barbara Bruno should be in NamUs with DNA which means no match.

I don't think MVJD was from the US. Family tree DNA is her only hope

Barbara Bruno should be in NamUs with DNA which means no match.

I don't think MVJD was from the US. Family tree DNA is her only hope

I agree.
What would it take for DDP to be accredited in NY? Is it quite a process?

Hi! I was born and raised in Mt. Vernon.. Still in Westchester but no longer Mt Vernon but Mt. Vernon will always be home to me. I did submit this to NameUS before I came across this thread and I also submitted it on the Doe Network who said they showed no comparisons previously being done. Honestly tho, this is the first time that I am even making any suggestions and I see you guys have done extensive research on this poor girl. I also do remember a lot of people from Brazil living in my neighborhood during that time period. I lived right over by the Mt Vernon East train station.

The Brazilian population has boomed here. I saw a big influx in my late teens to early 20s, so about 15 to 20 years ago. I grew up behind Johnny's Pizza.

The detective who was in charge of her case until his retirement last year, did a lot of comparisons that he didn't enter in NamUs. Tina Walls was one of them and I'm pretty sure Barbara was another. I was in close contact with him and kept a spreadsheet of the rule outs... which I still have to find on my drive.

Hi! I was born and raised in Mt. Vernon.. Still in Westchester but no longer Mt Vernon but Mt. Vernon will always be home to me. I did submit this to NameUS before I came across this thread and I also submitted it on the Doe Network who said they showed no comparisons previously being done. Honestly tho, this is the first time that I am even making any suggestions and I see you guys have done extensive research on this poor girl. I also do remember a lot of people from Brazil living in my neighborhood during that time period. I lived right over by the Mt Vernon East train station.

Barbara Bruno was not submitted. I was thinking of Barbara Cotton. Here is the list the detective had ruled out but not added to NamUs as an exclusion.

Attachments

• 20200206_132849.jpg
    20200206_132849.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12
Maybe she was never considered because Barbara Bruno disappeared like 8 years prior to MVJD being found. I'm sure you remember NYC during the 80's, it was a rough time for NYC (I think we're probably around the same age). If Barbara did end up running away to NYC and got mixed in with the wrong people and was living on the streets for all those years, I think it may be a possibility. I've read up on MVJD wherever I can find info but when I saw that Barbara Bruno MP Post, it stuck out. I did a side by side comparison of the pics. It's hard to tell because the Barbara pics are very young but they def did have similarities including her jawline (especially on the black and white photo). My husband and daughter think I am insane but this unsolved case bothers me so much. Either way, I did submit Barbara Bruno to NameUs and to the Doe Network and received acknowledgements from both. Hopefully they look into it, even if it's to rule Barbara out.

The Brazilian population has boomed here. I saw a big influx in my late teens to early 20s, so about 15 to 20 years ago. I grew up behind Johnny's Pizza.

The detective who was in charge of her case until his retirement last year, did a lot of comparisons that he didn't enter in NamUs. Tina Walls was one of them and I'm pretty sure Barbara was another. I was in close contact with him and kept a spreadsheet of the rule outs... which I still have to find on my drive.
I know the area well.. I still go to Johnny's! I work in Yonkers so it's pretty close

Her 32nd anniversary is coming up. Hopefully Parabon gets NY accreditation soon. It's her only hope

No, NY will not allow DDP to take her case unless they went to court to ask for a special clearance because the lab has to be NY accredited, unless one of the labs DDP already is. Parabon has supposedly applied for it

I wonder if LE is continuing their search for her identity, it's been time

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK
Back