NY - Nefertiti Harris, 5, beaten to death by mother, January 2024

Syracuse, N.Y. — Neffy Harris’s life was hard from the start: She was born with cocaine in her system and taken from her mother at the hospital.
A brief article with a photo. ^^^
View attachment 492939

Rest in peace and fly with the angels, little babygirl !
I can't believe that no one was looking for this baby sooner! You'd think school would have notified authorities!

Latasha Mott, 29, of Syracuse, was arraigned on charges of manslaughter and disposal of a corpse in the death of her daughter, Nefertiti Harris.

Prosecutors said Mott hit Nefertiti with a belt multiple times while the girl was in the shower on Jan. 6, killing her, adding she then hid the body.

What a terrifying and painful death for Nefertiti. :(

This story has been updated with new information from the Onondaga County DA and the Syracuse City School District:

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSTM) — A mother's grim confession brought law enforcement to a baseball field in Syracuse armed with shovels and forensic equipment. Court documents show 29-year-old Latasha Mott confessed to hiding her 5-year-old daughter's body there sometime over the past few months, with police charging Mott with manslaughter for an alleged beating turned deadly in early January.

From the article, I included this photo of the search.
msm photo.jpeg

Poor little sweetie.
No child should be thrown into a snowy field, discarded like trash.
It sounds like there was family who would've taken her if needed .
With the snow cover, it may be useless to try to use HRD dogs ?

Hope the egg donor gets the maximum punishment.
Omo.

I can't believe that no one was looking for this baby sooner! You'd think school would have notified authorities!
Agreed.

I wonder if the 'mother' restricted access from the other family members who were asking about this little one ?
Too bad it took so long, though.
Omo.

NewsChannel 9 just has reported that one strategy Mott is suspected of using to hide her 5-year-old daughter’s death was transferring her, in name only, to another school after she had already died.

A spokesperson for the Syracuse City School District told NewsChannel 9 that 5-year-old Nefertiti Harris was transferred from McKinley-Brighton Elementary School to Meachem Elementary School on January 16, 2024 along with some of her siblings.

However, court paperwork indicates Harris being beaten to death by her mother ten days earlier, on January 6, 2024

Agreed.

I wonder if the 'mother' restricted access from the other family members who were asking about this little one ?
Too bad it took so long, though.
Omo.
I know it wouldn't have saved her and thankfully, she didn't kill any of her other children during that time.

What is wrong with people?

Wtf is wrong with these people that kill their kids?!

Sincerest condolences to those who loved and cared about Nefertiti ♥
I saw that the mom was messing around with school registrations to help conceal that she was "missing/dead", but if the woman had multiple kids and family members, how does NO ONE inquire as to where this child is????

I have so many friends who didn't have children due to fertility issues, and it's so upsetting to see all these babies and children that are tossed away indiscriminately. It's heartbreaking! I'm sure this poor child suffered all of her 5 years at the hand of this woman.

Corrice Parks is charged with concealment of a human corpse.

He’s accused of hiding the body of 5-year-old Nefertiti Harris, whose remains were found by police Tuesday in an old baseball field behind Salt Springs Road.

The girl was killed by her mother in January, police and prosecutors said.

“He turned himself in this morning to the Syracuse Police Department,” Onondaga County Assistant District Attorney Rob Moran said of Parks. “He showed up with an attorney. He was issued an appearance ticket.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back