Found Deceased NY - Nicole Brown, 45. Monroe/Blooming Grove area, 30 Nov 2022 *Traveling nurse who is married w/children*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
dailyvoice.com

Seen Her? Woman From Area Has Been Missing For More Than A Week

[...]

Nicole Brown, of Orange County, went missing on Wednesday, Nov. 30 in the Monroe/Blooming Grove area, said Domingo Ramos, the founder of Hope Alive, an organization that helps search for missing people.

Brown, age 45, is a traveling nurse who is well-known throughout the area and is well-liked, said Ramos.

Being missing is very unusual for Brown who has children and is married, Ramos said. Her family is desperate to have her home.

[...]

Brown is described as being 5-foot-1, 165 pounds with brown eyes and reddish-colored hair. She has tattoos on her left and right wrists and full wings on her back.

[...]

As a traveling nurse Nicole could likely work over a fairly large geographic area. If she went missing on 30 November, did she have scheduled appointments that day? If so, it should be possible to establish a timeline of her locations that day.

If Nicole was not working that day, then her family might have some idea about her schedule and planned activities.

Question: I am unsure what is meant by the term "traveling nurse" in this case and asking what it means in that area.

In my area a "travel nurse" is one who has taken a temporary assignment with a hospital in a different city or even state from their home base for a larger than normal pay out. A nurse that travels from home to home to give patient care is referred to as a home health nurse. I am reading info thus far and inferring that when she is called a "traveling nurse" that she is going from home to home to give patients in-home care. Would I be correct or not?

Question: I am unsure what is meant by the term "traveling nurse" in this case and asking what it means in that area.

In my area a "travel nurse" is one who has taken a temporary assignment with a hospital in a different city or even state from their home base for a larger than normal pay out. A nurse that travels from home to home to give patient care is referred to as a home health nurse. I am reading info thus far and inferring that when she is called a "traveling nurse" that she is going from home to home to give patients in-home care. Would I be correct or not?
That's what I take it to mean as it's also the meaning in my area as well

I have a sibling who is a nurse. When she worked as a traveling nurse she was doing rotations in understaffed facilities or facilities needing her type of specific nursing training in other cities, sometimes for several weeks at a time. But she ALWAYS checked in daily with her husband and/or one of her adult kids. What I find odd in this case was a week went by before Nicole was reported missing. A check of the New York Nurse's Aide registry did not show anyone with her name in her county of residence (she might have moved and not updated it). State of New York nurse registry - Google Search

Last edited:
My DD is about to start her 3rd travel job since Covid hit ( she became a nurse shortly before that), She has left her state to work in another and the hospital will pay very well plus hotel expenses etc. She still has her main job but leaves for 12/13 weeks to help other hospitals who are low staffed etc. It can be gruesome and difficult at times. IMO

Do we know whether a police report has been filed? I can't find a single thing from the Monroe PD, the Blooming Grove PD, or the New York SP. Have I overlooked it?

And the phone number on the flyer and in the articles I'm seeing is for the Hope Alive organization. I don't know anything about them but a quick look at their twitter page has me scratching my head. It just looks like a bunch of fundraisers. ??? MOO

• Family and friends are hoping that someone might have information ...
  • According to numerous posts on social media...
  • If you have any information ... friends are asking that you call 845-866-0442.
  • The family ... is pleading with the public for help finding her.
  • Nicole ... went missing ... said Domingo Ramos, the founder of Hope Alive ...
  • Ramos ... said New York State Police and Blooming Grove Police are also searching ...
  • Anyone with information ... is asked to call Hope Alive at 845-866-0442 or the police.
  • Police and activists are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing Monroe woman.
  • According to the non-profit Hope Alive 845, her name is Nicole Brown.
  • The group ... says she was last seen or heard from on Nov. 30 around 6:30 p.m.
  • Anyone with information is asked to call police at (845) 866-0442.
<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sibling who is a nurse. When she worked as a traveling nurse she was doing rotations in understaffed facilities or facilities needing her type of specific nursing training in other cities, sometimes for several weeks at a time. But she ALWAYS checked in daily with her husband and/or one of her adult kids. What I find odd in this case was a week went by before Nicole was reported missing. A check of the New York Nurse's Aide registry did not show anyone with her name in her county of residence (she might have moved and not updated it). State of New York nurse registry - Google Search
BBM Where are you seeing when she was reported missing if you don't mind me asking? I haven't been able to find that. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Any legit missing persons organization will prominently display the name of the police department handling the missing persons case along with contact information. Is “Hope Alive” even a legit organization or is it one person who doesn’t wanna put their name out there and say hey I’m looking for Nicole Brown and I don’t want to report that to police?
MOO

Hmmm... this sounds very strange and somewhat sketchy. Some good questions being asked here. Unfortunately many more questions than answers.

Regarding a 'traveling nurse' I was thinking it was a nurse who went to individual homes to check on individual patients, rather than a nurse who temporarily relocated to a different city for an extended period. Good clarification on this.

BBM Where are you seeing when she was reported missing if you don't mind me asking? I haven't been able to find that. MOO
All of the links in the thread say she was last seen Nov. 30 but there's nothing out there about her missing, family, social media, or anybody, until December 7. So technically she might have been reported missing earlier, but it would be really odd if having done so that information wasn't shared at the time. Good catch PommyMommy. There are just so many things that don't make sense with this case.

They're also called "visiting nurses." Many of them are contract workers, or self-employed, and used to be called "private duty" nurses.

There are also nurses who travel to areas for insurance companies. They do insurance exams etc. A lady (an RN) out of Atlanta just came up to do an exam on my dad. She said she had several in the area. Atlanta is hours away from us. She said the company puts her up in a motel.

wait so is she missing? I found a post from her sister from yesterday but nothing else in any kind of LE or MSM bulletin. Maybe her loved ones need help to know what to do? They get the benefit of the doubt in this situation IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back