Resolved NY - North Collins, Male Skeletal Remains buried off Gowanda Rd, Jun'17

On the long-shot that Captain Greg Savage of the Erie County Sheriff's office reads this, it'd be great if he could shed some updated light on the disposition of the matter. It seems as if he was the "lead" LEO addressing this case. Thanks in advance.

Are there any updates on this?
I haven´t found anything in any media recently and the Namus profile is still down. Perhaps someone more local knows?

Since the Namus profile is down I assume he has either been identified or the profile is down/hidden for another reason.

This case is marked as Resolved. Is there any further information on how it was resolved?
I assume he has been identified but who was he?
yes i too would like to know. im going to send this thread to a mod for clarification.

On the long-shot that Captain Greg Savage of the Erie County Sheriff's office reads this, it'd be great if he could shed some updated light on the disposition of the matter. It seems as if he was the "lead" LEO addressing this case. Thanks in advance.
perhaps one of you Americans can send him an email or some other LE? :)

When a case is removed from NAMUS we consider it resolved.

When there is no MSM as to the identity, it is likely that the public is not privy to the identity for whatever reasons (which may include family confidentiality). The public is not necessarily entitled to that information just to satisfy our own curiosity.

When there is no MSM as to the identity, it is likely that the public is not privy to the identity for whatever reasons (which may include family confidentiality). The public is not necessarily entitled to that information just to satisfy our own curiosity.

May you rest in peace, young man. I hope your family has been able to grieve and celebrate you.

Perfectly understandable. My condolences to his family.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please know how much Tricia and all WS staff appreciate all you members who work so hard and care so deeply about identifying these people.

While in the long run we may not always know their names, I like to think there is a Great Beyond, where even those whose names we may never know ... know who you are and how much you cared.

upload_2020-11-8_15-46-21.png

That is very understandable. I hope his family has some closure.

To me, it looks like he was identified and the investigation is moving forward and making his name public could jeopardise it. I hope the investigation is successful.

True. I also think, however, that the public does have a reasonable "right" (so-to-speak) to know of health & safety concerns in their community. So, while a specific identity of a uniquely buried human being is not called for, I think a modest - even superficial - explanation is appropriate. Law enforcement transparency is much boasted.

Hello, I was googling a missing person in my family and was not surprised to see his name in this thread. Terry Mark Brewer is/was my uncle on my mother's side. My family saw the OP's first article and thought it could be Terry. I wasn't born until 1982 so I never met him. My mom contacted the police department and they interviewed her. The felt the "best" option for DNA was a male relative and I am Terry's closest living male relative. I submitted my DNA at the Webster Police Department and was not found to be a match. They also indicated that a nephew may not be conclusive enough. At the time I submitted my DNA the police told my mother and I that another family was able to identify several of the victim's possessions. I believe Terry Brewer can be ruled out in this case.

I'm sorry about your family's ordeal.
Do they (family) have any notion of where he may have went?
Not really. Terry was suffering from schizophrenia at that time. He was allowed to leave the hospital to go to the convenience store across the street. The night he went missing was a very bad blizzard. He had an affinity for the woods and sometimes felt “called” to spend time in nature. My mom can only guess that he wandered off into nature, in the middle of a blizzard, with nothing but a denim jacket for warmth and succumbed to the elements. It would fit with the common elements of his schizophrenic episodes, but no evidence of what he did or where he went was ever discovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back