NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting on Orsolya’s case has certainly been a bit of a mess. A few interesting points from the below article I hadn’t read before:
  • Neighbours who saw her in the garden on Friday with the dog wondered why they couldn’t hear the dog Saturday, It looks like a yappy breed IMO, so I’m wondering where it was during the murder.
  • The older son was reported MISPER in July 2021, but found soon after. This is very similar to Orsolya’s apparent MISPER in 2020.
  • Dad told the NYPost there were concerns about the family’s safety, believed their lives to be at risk…presumably due to the text message he is reported to have received. LE don’t appear to have confirmed this, in fact they appear to have identified a potential person of interest but aren’t making their identity known. Don’t they believe this person is a risk to the public in general?

A very bizarre case. A rage fuelled murder where the perpetrator spends several hours within the home, whilst the victim’s child was there, then walks purposefully through the streets with Orsolya’s bleeding body in a bag before dumping it under a streetlight. This doesn’t appear to be the work of a criminal mastermind. Lets hope LE are crossing t’s and dotting i’s before making an arrest.

Orsolya Gaal: Figure seen dragging bag shortly before mom found dead

NYPD must have clearer video of the perp:

<snip>

...The only person home at the time was a 13-year-old son, who police found on the top floor. He was apparently unaware of the horror downstairs, but was brought in for questioning, arriving barefoot at the station house, somebody who was present told The Daily Beast.

The son was soon after released. The NYPD supervisor said this was in part because police had recovered surveillance video of a figure who was clearly not the son pulling the wheeled hockey bag along what was becoming the blood trail shortly after 4 a.m.

Howard Klein could not be reached for comment for this story, and no member of the family is suspected of involvement in the murder.

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag

That IS the side door. Same red as front, but off the driveway. There are three doors total. The French door to backyard (also shown in article), the side door and the front door.

This is the side door, I believe. It leads out to the driveway. The front door is the one that leads out to the porch.
09950804-A860-4AB7-846B-A4192AF43DC6.jpeg

I don’t keep mine locked, either. Feel a little silly cluttering up the thread with that info, but it is necessary to point out the possibility of it.

Hmm, this survey was 5 years ago, but....28 percent of people didn’t!

Many smartphone owners don’t take steps to secure their devices
I hate having a passcode. I was forced into it with my latest iPhone-no way around it, except Face ID. FaceID is a pain with a mask on. The latest update supposedly fixed that, with the ability for FaceID to recognize a person with their mask on. Well mine doesn’t work, and I am back to the darned passcode. I probably have to rescan my face but it’s annoying.
I’m wondering if ex lover had a passcode that was common to many things-the home alarm, OG’s phone.

Yeah seeing this to see how far that is mapped out from her house to where her body was left at is a LONG way to walk before just realizing the bag was leaking and thinking "oh crap there is blood leaking". I honestly don't think the perp knew it was leaking.

Yes, I agree. Also, I was shocked at how far away they found it.

I hate having a passcode. I was forced into it with my latest iPhone-no way around it, except Face ID. FaceID is a pain with a mask on. The latest update supposedly fixed that, with the ability for FaceID to recognize a person with their mask on. Well mine doesn’t work, and I am back to the darned passcode. I probably have to rescan my face but it’s annoying.
I’m wondering if ex lover had a passcode that was common to many things-the home alarm, OG’s phone.

You don't have to have a passcode. My mom has the iPhone 12 and hers doesn't have one.

This is the side door, I believe. It leads out to the driveway. The front door is the one that leads out to the porch.
View attachment 340453
Exactly. And there are steps up to the back door overlooking backyard. There doesn't look to be any sort of exterior bilco or cellar door, so if electrician said there was a separate door to the basement, he was likely referring to this side door as if you entered the house that way and walk straight ahead, you'd be walking downstairs (staircase directly under staircase to second floor).

Why remove the body from the home? Why not leave her in the basement? Because someone didn’t want the 13yo, waking up to find their mother’s body. Only a parent would care.
The text message was likely sent for 2 reasons…
1) To alleviate suspicion 2) Confirmation of death

Sending the text message was a huge mistake. It will be their downfall. This is all very sad and strange. I believe this will turn out to be a murder for hire. That’s just my opinion.

From the article above...

Police found her body in a duffel bag at 8.11am on Saturday less than half a mile from the property. They followed a trail of blood back to the house. No suspects have been named and the NYPD is refusing to answer questions about the ongoing investigation into her death.

But sources cited by the Post on Tuesday said detectives were focusing on a man who Gaal had an affair with recently

The romance is said to have ended but it's unclear who broke it off. The man, according to the Post, has knowledge of the family home and would not have needed to break in.

So we have The DailyMail citing an unnamed source who talked to the NYPost. So many reputable sources, it must be true! Does this sound like the telephone game we played when we were kids? No wonder we can't get any verifiable information. That info may well be true, but I will take it at face value for now. JMO

Right? And if they obtain new contradictory info, they just update the previous article. Sigh. Telephone it IS!

If the killer had a key or code for the alarm, entrance into the home time would be monitored through the alarm system. Same monitoring would happen when they killer left with her in the bag and if anyone returned to the home after the killer left. My guess is that they know whether she let him/her/them in or they let themselves in before she arrived back at the house.

So, the police have her ToD most likely through her fitness device and they would have data as to when her heart rate began to rise, as well as when she moved up/down stairs and depending on the device they could have her movement the house via gps.

They probably have her time leaving the bar and any vehicle data if she drove home. They know which door she entered and when. They would also have the time the killer came into the house.

Last edited:
Why remove the body from the home? Why not leave her in the basement? Because someone didn’t want the 13yo, waking up to find their mother’s body. Only a parent would care.

Sending the text message was a huge mistake. It will be their downfall. This is all very sad and strange. I believe this will turn out to be a murder for hire. That’s just my opinion.
Murder for hire on behalf of her husband, or murder on behalf of someone else?

IMO, this murder is highly personal and full of emotional hate.

JMO

Last edited:
WHY would a married woman of 2 sons give ANY potential/actual lover an indication of where a house key is hidden? I just don't get that slant. Even if hubby was away on business frequently, the kids were home and you wouldn't want the other man just wandering in, right? Hoping the kids don't tell Dad what Mom is up to?

Could be the kids were use to "looking the other way"... maybe the dad did too when it came to other men. I am not judging; but, there are all kinds of circumstances and situations that are different from what I am used to.

Exactly. And there are steps up to the back door overlooking backyard. There doesn't look to be any sort of exterior bilco or cellar door, so if electrician said there was a separate door to the basement, he was likely referring to this side door as if you entered the house that way and walk straight ahead, you'd be walking downstairs (staircase directly under staircase to second floor).

You're right! If you look on this picture you can tell it's the side door. I also included an image of the side door view of it from the outside so you can see its the same door. You can tell it by the windows on the door.

Attachments

• B6E1D9A6-A117-4877-BD43-CAD3C4276FCB.jpeg
    B6E1D9A6-A117-4877-BD43-CAD3C4276FCB.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot 2022-04-19 202412.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-19 202412.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63

I think it's too messy and amateurish to be a hit. She was likely removed because the guy was concerned about DNA (sweat, saliva) but didn't think it through in terms of what sort of DNA he left in the house. Probably figured he could hide the body in the park, but abandoned that idea for whatever reason (cars, bus, realized he couldn't drag bag into trees).

Wow I was told I had no choice. I just went to Apple Support to see if I could get rid of it and it only showed me strange workarounds, but basically said I am forced into a passcode or FaceID.

Yeah my mom doesn't use one and our phones just had the most recent update about the mask thing. All you got to do is go in settings and turn the passcode off. DM me and I can help you if you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa