NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which shoulder are you talking about? To me it looks like they are carrying something in their right hand/arm... and their left arm (which might look like a backpack?) is actually extended behind them lugging the duffel bag along. But I can see how it could look like a backpack if you don't take into consideration their arm to pull the bag along.

queens-murder-060.jpg

Imo it def looks like a backpack on their back, but I have no idea what they are holding in the front

Attachments

• 1DF3ADDF-E1DF-45D9-B2F6-72005F1AA8C8.jpeg
    1DF3ADDF-E1DF-45D9-B2F6-72005F1AA8C8.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 121
The media has been reporting that the husband received threatening texts after the killing. A reporter spoke with him while he and the other son were still out of town, and he was quoted as saying that the family was in danger. The text messages have been quoted in the press. Why hasn't LE seen those messages?

Husband Received Threatening Texts Like 'Your Whole Family Is Next' After Wife Was Found Stabbed Dozens of Times in Duffel Bag, Report Says

^^BBM

Why would an NYPD Supervisor tell the reporter that the motive probably doesn't lie in the texts (revenge) if NYPD detectives haven't seen them?:

<snip>

According to the supervisor, police are less convinced that the motive is to be found in texts PIX11 reported Klein received after the killing indicating that the “whole family is next”—and that the killer was seeking revenge for Gaal having supposedly caused him to be jailed years before.

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag

I believe another earlier article that had been posted stated that the higher-ups (paraphrasing) had not seen any texts. Stated by an NYPD Spokesperson in that article who btw refused to provide her/his first name (a little odd, imo). That didn't mean to me that the detectives working the case hadn't seen the texts.

I don't have that article. If someone finds, pls post & link

^^BBM

Why would an NYPD Supervisor tell the reporter that the motive probably doesn't lie in the texts (revenge) if NYPD detectives haven't seen them?:

<snip>

According to the supervisor, police are less convinced that the motive is to be found in texts PIX11 reported Klein received after the killing indicating that the “whole family is next”—and that the killer was seeking revenge for Gaal having supposedly caused him to be jailed years before.

I believe another earlier article that had been posted stated that the higher-ups (paraphrasing) had not seen any texts. Stated by an NYPD Spokesperson in that article who btw refused to provide her/his first name (a little odd, imo). That didn't mean to me that the detectives working the case hadn't seen the texts.

"However, high-ranking police officials told CBS New York they have not seen the texts for themselves" is quoted in a Newsweek Article.

“The police executed an emergency entrance and saw much more blood on the first floor and even more in the basement.”

this sounds imo like there was dismemberment, or at least an attempt moo

Elsewhere yesterday, there were rumors of dismemberment (by someone claiming to have inside info) that were shot down because LE has stated no such thing. Still, it does make one wonder. Especially since there seems to be no logical reason to kill her on the first floor, then move her to the basement, then haul her back upstairs again :/.

IMO

It makes sense to me. Because #1 not everyone celebrates that holiday and #2 a lot of people had a 3 day weekend, convenient for travel.
I don't celebrate easter. I only celebrate Thanksgiving and Xmas and ONLY because I'm told I have to. lol It's a requirement that I go to my parents house for those 2 holidays. Other than that... no other holidays celebrated so it doesn't seem odd to me that the father and eldest traveled that weekend. Maybe it simply worked best with all schedules concerned.

Last edited:
^^BBM

<snip>

Chilling footage shows killer rushing down sidewalk with Queens mother's body stuffed in duffel bag | Daily Mail Online

and

What Orsolya Gaal video reveals about her murder

Found the text references:

<snip> NYPD spokesperson Officer Cannon, who declined to give her first name, told Law&Crime...

Gaal’s husband told cops he got threatening text messages over the weekend, “sources close to the case” said, according to CBS News. High-ranking authorities reportedly have not seen those texts for themselves.

Cannon told Law&Crime that she cannot confirm the texts. That is part of the ongoing investigation, she said.

Husband Received Threatening Texts Like 'Your Whole Family Is Next' After Wife Was Found Stabbed Dozens of Times in Duffel Bag, Report Says

cops saying no rape and no dismemberment......having stated that we all know that the cops keep some info back just so they can verify the perp and dismiss the wanna be's....

I am disheartened that they haven't got an arrest yet....and if the inside cameras were disabled, then I'm doubly disheartened.....

Interesting tidbits BBM.

NYC cops hope bloody boots help ID Orsolya Gaal's killer: source

The fugitive killer who viciously stabbed Queens mom Orsolya Gaal to death inside her Forest Hills home left behind a vital clue: a pair of blood-soaked boots, a police source told The Post Wednesday.

Cops are running DNA tests on the boots, which officers found in a trash can outside the garage of the Tudor-style house where Gaal was stabbed nearly 60 times early on Saturday, a high-ranking NYPD official said.

A handyman who did work at the Juno Street home — and who sources said had a fling with Gaal — is being sought for questioningin the case, but cops have not yet publicly identified a person of interest or a suspect.

Gaal, 51, went out to a show at Lincoln Center with friends on Friday evening — and then hung out at a bar in her neighborhood, sources have said.

A manager at the Forest Hills Station House told The Post on Wednesday that the married mother of two walked in at 11:24 p.m., had her “usual Moscow mule,” and left alone around 12:30 a.m. Saturday.

“She came alone, she left alone,” said bar manager GV. “Every time I’ve seen her in my tenure here she has always had a Moscow mule or two, maybe a bite to eat,” GV added.

“I’ve never really seen her coming here with someone else or leaving with anyone else.”

Police believe Gaal was followed home by her killer, who, after murdering her, stuffed her in a duffel bag and dumped her body less than a mile from her home.

Grainy video from a neighborhood doorbell camera caught a mysterious figure lugging the bloody duffel bag away from the Gaal home around 4:30 a.m. A local resident walking his dog found the remains about four hours later.

Cops said there was no sign of forced entry into the house, leading detectives to suspect the killer knew Gaal, as well as the property.

The sources said the handyman wanted for questioning knew where the family kept a spare key.

An electrician who said he has worked for Gaal and her husband HK showed up at the home to pay his respects Tuesday, telling The Post he knew her very well but was unaware of any family issues.

The electrician also told Fox News that there was a separate door leading into the basement of the house, which he said was outfitted with security cameras.

Police have peppered the quiet residential community with wanted posters and are offering a $3,500 reward for information leading them to the killer.

They also hope DNA evidence can help crack the case.

“You don’t stick a knife in somebody 60 times without getting injured,” one high-ranking police source said. “You hit somebody that hard and you’re going to hurt your hand. DNA could have been left behind.”

I agree about the questioning....cops can not interrogate any juvenile no matter who he is without a parent or another adult present.....

the father has money......the cops can get away with throwing their weight around with some poor slob but they have to be careful with the rich people.....lawsuits, big time lawyers, etc....so everything has to be by the book.

I wish a reporter would ask the police "is the public in danger" because they'll probably say no and then we'll know that the perp is known to them and contained somehow with surveillance..

Genuinely curious why so many people on the thread are under the impression that minors can’t be questioned without a parent present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77