GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

The male child was pronounced dead at the scene. The female child is fine, Partridge said.

How does that work? How does one die and one is unharmed? One in the sun and one not?

Yeah, maybe. So sad :(

Mother Of Infant Twins Killed In Bronx Hot Car Tragedy Speaks, Husband Still Faces Criminal Charges
Juan Rodriguez is charged with second-degree manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, and endangering the welfare of a child. He’s due back in court on Dec 5.

N.Y. Mom Tells Dr. Phil About Moment Husband Told Her He Left Twins in Hot Car by Accident
For the first time since they died in a hot car more than three months ago, mom Marissa Rodriguez is opening up about the horrific day she learned her twin babies Luna and Phoenix were gone — found dead after being left in a New York City car by their veteran father, who believed he’d dropped them at day care.

Marissa recently sat down with Dr. Phil McGraw for an episode of his eponymous show, Dr. Phil, which airs Thursday, November 14.

@neesaki my heart leaps every time I see a headline like this. It’s heartbreaking and horrific. This man will be tormented until he takes his last breath. It is my opinion he should NOT be charged.

@neesaki my heart leaps every time I see a headline like this. It’s heartbreaking and horrific. This man will be tormented until he takes his last breath. It is my opinion he should NOT be charged.

Then we see this completely differently. Two babies are dead. Their Father killed them.

Either every single person who leaves kids in a hot car walks, or every single person who leaves kids in a hot car should be charged with murder. The problem is that every single case is treated completely differently.

What it demonstrates is bias in our society and judicial process.

We have absolutely no idea if this man did this deliberately or not. Everyone puts their own thoughts on this situation. Even if this case went to the grand jury, I doubt that they would have a finding.

I won't say more.

You can't do an everybody or nobody thing because some people have realized this is a pretty good way to get away with murder. I don't think this man is one of those people but ole whats his name at the Treehouse is for sure.

No End to Nightmare for NYC Dad in Twins’ Hot Car Deaths
More than four months after a New York City father admitted forgetting his 1-year-old twins in a car when he went to work over the summer, leaving them long enough that they died of heat, he's still struggling to find time to grieve.

The legal proceedings for Juan Rodriguez have dragged on and on since that nightmarish July 26 day, when he parked his car in his employment lot and forgot they were inside. He has been brought to court proceeding after court proceeding -- again just Thursday -- and the Bronx district attorney's office still has not decided whether to call the case before a grand jury.

Now Rodriguez will have to wait until February to find out if, finally, his case will be dismissed as a tragic accident or if he will be indicted for killing his children. During Thursday's brief court hearing, Bronx prosecutors said they still needed more time to investigate. Meanwhile, the Rodriguez's lives are still in shambles.

From this article at New City dad Juan Rodriguez pleads guilty in twins' hot-car deaths

“There is no way on the face of this earth that he had any intention, any knowledge, any idea that those babies were in the back seat,” Fennell said. She pointed out that there are five other recent instances of hot-car fatalities of children in New York, and none of the adults involved in those incidents faced charges. “He’s a fantastic father, and it’s extremely upsetting to me that they just did not drop all charges.” (Fennell is the president and Founder of KidsandCars.com.)

Let me say that I believe that forgotten baby syndrome is a thing and I can understand that a parent could possibly go on autopilot and forget their child, but her quote annoys because because she says he had no way of knowing the twins were in the back seat. Yes, he did...HE PUT THEM THERE.

I still just have a weird feeling about this case, but what’s done is done and hopefully the DA did the right thing.

New City dad Juan Rodriguez pleads guilty in twins' hot-car deaths

There is no way on the face of this earth that he had any intention, any knowledge, any idea that those babies were in the back seat,” Fennell said.

I can’t believe she said that, and apparently believes it. Or does she? What’s the world coming to when people bend over backwards to excuse such negligence and abuse at the expense of the protection of and justice for innocent babies. I watched all his pathetic fake posing for the cameras... so obvious and transparent, gawd he’s a terrible actor.

Not to mention he’d just dropped off the other child. He was, or should have been already in full “drop off all kiddos at daycare mode”. If he wasn’t then his head was so far up his you know what that it was at a minimum gross negligence, or worse... it was premeditated.
For shame. JMO

By pleading guilty he is taking responsibility and admitting accountability. Good for him. His babies, however, remain dead. This, perhaps, is a worse sentence than any court could bestow.

There is no way on the face of this earth that he had any intention, any knowledge, any idea that those babies were in the back seat,” Fennell said.

I can’t believe she said that, and apparently believes it. Or does she? What’s the world coming to when people bend over backwards to excuse such negligence and abuse at the expense of the protection of and justice for innocent babies. I watched all his pathetic fake posing for the cameras... so obvious and transparent, gawd he’s a terrible actor.

Not to mention he’d just dropped off the other child. He was, or should have been already in full “drop off all kiddos at daycare mode”. If he wasn’t then his head was so far up his you know what that it was at a minimum gross negligence, or worse... it was premeditated.
For shame. JMO
Agreed.
This man is extremely suspicious in what -- 'he had no idea of' ; imo.

“When I got pregnant again it felt like a sign to just keep hope alive,” Quattrone Rodriguez, 41, told The Post.

“[The girls] have been the hope that we have needed to keep us going.”

Along with two new stockings for their daughters — one born in 2020 and another in August — reminders of Luna and Phoenix are everywhere, especially at Christmas.

Snapshots of their toothless grins, or the twins playing in the grass, adorn ornaments hung from their tree, while another shaped like angel wings hangs on a branch above a shadow box featuring two tiny white high chairs.

Luna and Phoenix Rodriguez

For shame. JMO

None of those mental states have anything to do with the legal requirements for reckless endangerment, "Knew or should have known" is at the root of recklessness. And that's what he pleaded guilty to.

Involuntary manslaughter would be a higher charge most places - and it doesn't require intent, knowledge, etc.

OTOH, how did the babies get in the back seat of his van without his knowledge? Surely he knew at some point that they were there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back