Identified! NY - Queens, BlkFem 161UFNY, 15-21, braces, braided hair extensions, Jan'97 - n/a

I didn't, because I just don't think there was enough information indicating that it might be her.

Yeah, there's not a lot to go on, and not much in the way of identifiers to work with. Hopefully the new fingerprint system will turn up a match.

We can ask the mods to move her to identified. Thank you

I'm happy that she has been identified after 21 years. I couldn't find any news as to whether or not they've even developed an idea of who might have killed her, though.

I'm so glad some old NY cases of deceased black women and men are being solved - there are SO MANY if you look back in the last few pages of Websleuths back to cases last commented on in 2019.
How do I look back?

I'm so glad some old NY cases of deceased black women and men are being solved - there are SO MANY if you look back in the last few pages of Websleuths back to cases last commented on in 2019.
Has it been confirmed that she was murdered?
If she’s a homicide victim why is her identity being withheld don’t they need to find out who killed her.

How do I look back?

If you go to the main Unidentified forum there are currently 229 pages of unidentified deceased.

At the bottom of the first page you’ll see there is a box with a list of pages. If you click on the box with 3 dots in it, you can choose a random page number - try Page 216 for example, and you’ll see what I mean. I often lurk in those back pages, but for many NY cases I don’t see any good possible matches out there and many have no ruleouts in Namus.

If you go to the main Unidentified forum there are currently 229 pages of unidentified deceased.

At the bottom of the first page you’ll see there is a box with a list of pages. If you click on the box with 3 dots in it, you can choose a random page number - try Page 216 for example, and you’ll see what I mean. I often lurk in those back pages, but for many NY cases I don’t see any good possible matches out there and many have no ruleouts in Namus.
Do we know if her homicide was solved or not though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back