NY NY - Queens, WhtMale 20-30, UP6027, wrapped in rug, Wht 'Fila" Sneakers, necklace, Mar'00

madamx

Reaction score
Unidentified Person Case

#UP6027 Male, White / Caucasian
Date Found March 16, 2000
Location Found Queens, New York
Estimated Age Range 20-30 Years

Estimated Year of Death 1990-1999
Height 5' 9"(69 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Found Map
Street Address Old Flushing Airport near 28th Ave and Linden Place Queens, New York
County Queens County
GPS Coordinates40.774334, -73.833414

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletonized remains found wrapped in a rug by passerby as they were walking down an abandoned road near 28th Ave and Linden Place that leads to the Flushing Airport. Based on personal effects found with the body (FILA brand sneakers) and the skeletonized status of the remains on the date of discovery, this individual died between 1990 and 1999.

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Clothing
white socks
On the Body

Footwear
white "Fila" sneakers, size 10. Sneakers first manufactured by FILA in 1990.
On the Body
Original

Original

Jewelry
Yellow metal chain necklace with a medallion of Jesus

Original

Original

Original

there are more images. I was just having a hard time copying them on to the thread

map of location from Namus
Google Maps

Here is a little bit of info and photos where the body was found, its sort of creepy.... and actually not Next to La Guardia Airport the Map is wrong on Namus. Its actually across the water to the East.. on Linden Place and 23rd Ave Next To College Point Fields by Mill Creek Google Maps

FLUSHING AIRPORT Part 1 - Forgotten New York this link shows a much better idea of what the place looks like

Last edited:
JMBalbi.jpg

Jesus Manuel Balbi

Name: Jesus Manuel Balbi
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: November 5, 1991
Location Last Seen: Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York

Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1965
Race: White/Hispanic
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: None
Distinguishing Marks/Features: None

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jesus is from New York City. He was visiting Syracuse with his girlfriend, Xiomara Rodriguez. They were last seen leaving 314 Hawley Avenue, on November 5, 1991, in their 1984 four door, blue Oldsmobile. The vehicle was later found unoccupied in upper Onondaga Park. 3938DMNY - Jesus Manuel Balbi

Thumbnail
Just for reference.

So the UID was found with only shoes and socks and a chain. What happened to the clothes....strange. Why would anybody take their clothes off and leave socks and shoes on? Hmmm.

Wrapped in a rug could mean, somebody wrapped him in the rug, or could he have wrapped himself in there? More like covering himself from the cold or sickness.

I also wonder about the timeframe. I don't know the neighborhood but is it realistic that the rug was there for almost 10 years? Maybe the rug was dumped there later or he died more towards 2000.

Thumbnail
Just for reference.

So the UID was found with only shoes and socks and a chain. What happened to the clothes....strange. Why would anybody take their clothes off and leave socks and shoes on? Hmmm.

Wrapped in a rug could mean, somebody wrapped him in the rug, or could he have wrapped himself in there? More like covering himself from the cold or sickness.

I also wonder about the timeframe. I don't know the neighborhood but is it realistic that the rug was there for almost 10 years? Maybe the rug was dumped there later or he died more towards 2000.
Where did yo find that recon?
yes I don't know... it does mention that the rug was in an abandoned road near 28th and Linden.. which I believe would lead to the old airport.. I guess it was a dumping ground and people did not go by their or pay attention.. if you see a link in the above post you can see more of what the place looked like back then... Yes I am thinking the person would prob be closer to 2000.. I believe your right.

Where did yo find that recon?
yes I don't know... it does mention that the rug was in an abandoned road near 28th and Linden.. which I believe would lead to the old airport.. I guess it was a dumping ground and people did not go by their or pay attention.. if you see a link in the above post you can see more of what the place looked like back then... Yes I am thinking the person would prob be closer to 2000.. I believe your right.

The recon is in the Namus file. You probably missed it. :)

map of location from Namus
Google Maps

Here is a little bit of info and photos where the body was found, its sort of creepy.... and actually not Next to La Guardia Airport the Map is wrong on Namus. Its actually across the water to the East.. on Linden Place and 23rd Ave Next To College Point Fields by Mill Creek Google Maps

FLUSHING AIRPORT Part 1 - Forgotten New York this link shows a much better idea of what the place looks like

Indeed abandoned and very spooky terrain. Thanks for the pics Madamx

The recon is in the Namus file. You probably missed it. :)
Omg I DID MISS IT! So weird it never showed up on my phone! I just checked again. I have noticed that with Namus some things I don't see on my phone and don't know why. This is not the first time.. Thank You for posting the Recon!!!!

This is on the back of the necklace. Can anybody deceiver it? Somehow it looks like Cyrillic.

Attachments

• achterkant ketting.JPG
    achterkant ketting.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 28
Original

there are more images. I was just having a hard time copying them on to the thread

Actually I don't think this is Jesus, but (a free interpretation of) Saint Benedict of Nursia the saint with a book and a staff. What's bothering me though is the fact that on almost every Saint Benedict medal there are letters (abbreviations of Latin prayers of exorcism) on the back.

I know it's not the best of sources but it's added up quit nicely. Benedict of Nursia - Wikipedia

Benedict of Nursia
(Latin: Benedictus Nursiae; Italian: Benedetto da Norcia; Vulgar Latin: *Benedecto; Gothic: Benedikt; c. 2 March 480 – 543 or 547 AD) is a Christian saint, who is venerated in the Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Churches , the Oriental Orthodox Churches, the Anglican Communion and Old Catholic Churches.[3] He is a patron saint of Europe.[4] etc......

Last edited:
1212DMNY - Steven Aiello

SAiello.jpg

Name: Steven Aiello
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 11, 1995
Location Last Seen: Bronx, Bronx County, New York

Physical Description
Date of Birth: August 18, 1972
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on his forehead.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Steven Aiello was last seen in the vicinity of 1957 Bronxdale Avenue. His disappearance may be linked to retribution for perjury as an associate or an alibi witness concerning the Gambino and Genovese Mob family.

Actually I don't think this is Jesus, but (a free interpretation of) Saint Benedict of Nursia the saint with a book and a staff. What's bothering me though is the fact that on almost every Saint Benedict medal there are letters (abbreviations of Latin prayers of exorcism) on the back.

I know it's not the best of sources but it's added up quit nicely. Benedict of Nursia - Wikipedia

Benedict of Nursia
(Latin: Benedictus Nursiae; Italian: Benedetto da Norcia; Vulgar Latin: *Benedecto; Gothic: Benedikt; c. 2 March 480 – 543 or 547 AD) is a Christian saint, who is venerated in the Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Churches , the Oriental Orthodox Churches, the Anglican Communion and Old Catholic Churches.[3] He is a patron saint of Europe.[4] etc......
Omg Bitofhope GREAT EYE! It never even dawned on me you are so Right JESUS is never depicted walking around with a book and staff he is either on the cross or with his hands out or w the sacred heart on his chest.
So this person wearing this would I guess be orthodox no?

Original

Bitofhope you got me looking at this closet now. What Iam finding interesting is that he has the little flame over his head that St Jude always has. I don't believe st Benedict has the flame. But st Jude does not carry a book.

Did you notice the last photo it looks like a an arm on the ground:eek:.. yeah it is creepy and at night it's dark and creepier.
It definitely looks like the perfect dumping ground. Anyway, the Benedict of Nursia n wiki page mentioned Orthodox Churches (of course Catholic ethnicities could fit him as well, Italian, Hispanic, etc., just as some of the potential matches have been). That got me thinking, from the reconstruction I could definitely see this guy being Eastern European or Slavic.

This guy was missing from Queens And it's actually not very far from where the UID was found.

GOstermann.jpg

George Ostermann
Missing since May 24, 1996 from Queens, New York
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Age at Time of Disappearance: 44 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 160 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Sandy hair; brown eyes. Light complexion; thin build.

Ostermann was last seen at 19.30 at 153-07 73rd Avenue in Queens, New York in the confines of the 107th Precinct on May 24, 1996.
The Doe Network: Case File 1631DMNY

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53