Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

After so many cases of 'found deceased', I'm glad she was found alive! Whatever happens from there can be dealt with.

I understand your point of view, as very few cases on Websleuths end up saying " Found Alive ".But the police believe Rachael lied about being kidnapped and assaulted. At what point does Rachael's responsibility begin in this costly charade? It seems Mommy doesn't want baby girl dealt with. This could be many things, mental illness shows up at this age, could be drug addiction. But continuing to lie is not going to help her or her enabler...:moo:

From your link LLLindsayy....

"Woman accused of faking kidnapping arrested again"

"New York State Police report that Rachael Mattice was involved in a two car accident on Wednesday in Milton."

"Both Mattice and the other driver were injured."

I hope mama doesn't bail her out again. She's doing this girl no favors.

From your link LLLindsayy....

"Woman accused of faking kidnapping arrested again"

"New York State Police report that Rachael Mattice was involved in a two car accident on Wednesday in Milton."

"Both Mattice and the other driver were injured."

Thank you for posting snippets. Sometimes I post from my phone and it's just too difficult to figure out how to copy and paste more than just the link. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: I wasn't able to open CuriousMe's links for some reason :(

I did find this:

Faked abduction suspect arrested after crash
[...]
The woman accused of making up an abduction this summer, had drugs in her car during a head-on crash Wednesday, State Police said.

Mattice, 24, of Johnstown, was driving along Middle Grove Road at about noon and was at fault when the crash occurred, police said. In the car were Valium, Oxycontin and Xanax which were not prescribed to her, troopers said.
[...]
Mattice is charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor, and possession of a controlled substance outside its original container, a violation. She also is charged with traffic violations of failure to keep right and moving from a lane unsafely, troopers said.

She was ordered to appear in Milton Town Court on Tuesday.

[...]
https://www.google.com/amp/www.time...e-accused-of-faking-9935823.php?client=safari

:banghead:

I was one of the posters who took some convincing that RM was lying (before LE and MSM confirmed it, because she was still a "victim" - kind of like her mom said not too long ago :sigh:. Boy did she have my number :facepalm:

Imagine what this is really doing to her family, and loved ones. We are literally witnessing the downward spiral of an addict (in real time), for the entire world to see. Instead of seeing it play out "nice and neat" on Intervention it is happening on MSM, on the streets of the neighborhoods where some of my fellow WSers actually live, and in the courthouse of the jurisdiction where they vote. This is as real as it gets, and the car accident that RM got herself into is just further proof of that.

Yeah, I fell for her lies, and I learned more than one important lesson from Miss Mattice. My eldest just turned 13 last week, and this is the world she's growing up in, as a student athlete. She broke 3 bones last year, and I thank God she's such a trooper! I don't know that I could have made it through with so little pain control (I'm just saying!!!).

JMO: someone needs to step in and intervene before it's too late. If this accident isn't enough (and I don't know that it will be, because being on probation clearly wasn't enough to keep her from doing what she did.

RM is very fortunate that she wasn't held for drug testing. OxyContin is a long acting medication, and a DUI charge could have been added. She has no business being on the road right now. She is a danger to others until she is clean. This is not just about her anymore. It's about everyone else she has the potential to hurt - and I don't mean just her family and friends.

I'm sorry Rachael, but you're not fooling me anymore. The wool is finally off of my eyes, and you had me at go. I hope your mom can see you as clear as day for who - and what - you have become. She can do that, and still love you. If she doesn't, I'm afraid she could lose you, forever. And for that, she may never, ever forgive herself.

:cow:

I was able to glean that the victim in the MVA was an elderly man. :( I've redacted his name and city.

Drug Charges For False Abduction Suspect | North Country Gazette

[...]
The driver of the other car was (NAME REDACTED), 70, of (CITY REDACTED).

The injuries sustained are not considered serious, police said.

Mattice was issued appearance tickets to appear in Milton court on Oct. 11.

[...]

In August, Mattice was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor as a result of an investigation into a theft of personal property from another person.

Mattice is also still facing charges of filing a false report, a misdemeanor, after police said she lied about being abducted and held for two weeks against her will.
[...]

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/2016/10/07/mattice_crash/

(This is what was available in front of a paywall)

I'm actually really upset that she hit an elderly gentleman head-on. I have a lot more questions now, but I can access the full article :sigh:

What was the speed limit on this stretch of road? How fast was she going? We're there any witnesses to the incident (including her driving leading up to the actual crash)? Was RM alone in the car? Has it been confirmed that she has(not) been drug tested? I need to confirm the half-life of OxyContin. It's probably not too late.

This man is lucky to be alive. I am getting more :furious: by the second. If we hear her mom defend her in MSM, my head just might explode ( end/rant).

The half life is 4 to 12 hours (if she had the standard release vs the extended release) version, which we don't know. This can be detected 2-4 days post dose
75832331f4a270cef5d227c627371cda.jpg

https://www.healthpartners.com/ucm/...@content/documents/documents/cntrb_031044.pdf

I hope she was tested, based on her history, but that it just hasn't been released.

#FoolMeOnce

..a little more info here:

http://www.leaderherald.com/page/co...hael-Mattice-faces-more-charges.html?nav=5011

-snip
Rachael L. Mattice, 24, was charged Thursday with two counts of possession of a controlled substance in a non-original container, two counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, failure to keep right and moving from lane unsafely.

According to state police, Mattice was in a two-vehicle head-on crash on Middle Grove Road near Boyhaven Road in the town of Milton at around noon on Wednesday.

Following the accident, Mattice was found to be in possession of valium, oxycontin and Xanax, which were not prescribed to her.
The crash injured three people, according to a new release, although none of the injuries are considered serious.

I wonder if she's dealing these drugs, not just using? And btw Kimi, I was totally taken in as well and made a great meal of my hat afterwards. Ketchup makes all the difference!😊

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Someone needs to get help for this young lady before she kills someone!

I can bet her and her family believe the system "is rigged" against them

I wonder if she's dealing these drugs, not just using? And btw Kimi, I was totally taken in as well and made a great meal of my hat afterwards. Ketchup makes all the difference!😊

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Oh my...so funny!

Sent from my SM-G930V

Rachael Mattice pleads in case

http://www.leaderherald.com/news/local-news/2017/06/rachael-mattice-pleads-in-case/

A Johnstown woman has pleaded guilty to falsely reporting being abducted almost a year ago and held by a man, and is looking to move beyond this matter, according to her attorney.

According to a court official, Rachael Lynn Mattice, 25, pleaded guilty to one count of falsely reporting an incident, a misdemeanor, in town court on Tuesday, just two days shy of one year ago when she was reported as missing by her family.

She has been sentenced to a month of weekends in jail, three years’ probation and 100 hours of community service.

According to a court official, the court added another term for Mattice to “continue her drug and alcohol evaluation.”

https://dailygazette.com/article/2017/06/23/guilty-plea-entered-in-2016-false-kidnapping-case

"She was faced with a decision of whether or not to proceed to trial or to take the plea offer, and she chose that plea offer knowing that any trial would have been a circus," Abdella said. "She's looking to put it behind her and not face the type of situation that was going on last summer."

Asked what happened during those days she was missing, Abdella said Mattice has never told him anything different than she told police.

Abdella confirmed that the Mayfield plea also resolved the Hope and Milton charges.

Mattice's sentence included no restitution for search efforts or the subsequent investigation into her kidnapping claim, assistant Fulton County District Attorney Amanda Nellis, who handled the case in court, said Thursday. She noted discussions with the state police on the issue.

But prosecutors felt the community service component was important.

"We felt that the fact that she got the 100 hours of community service, that would kind of be her way of paying back for what happened," Nellis said.

:liar:

"She admitted that she basically made up everything that had gone on and that she caused a great deal of grief..."

:maddening:

The judge in the case then sentenced her to a month of weekends in jail, three years' probation and 100 hours of community service, Fulton County prosecutors said.

:naughty:

Mattice's sentence included no restitutionfor search efforts or the subsequent investigation into her kidnapping claim,

:shakehead:

State police followed 400 the cost was pegged in the six-figure range.leads in the case;

https://dailygazette.com/article/2017/06/23/guilty-plea-entered-in-2016-false-kidnapping-case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back