NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he go home??? Did he forget something? Did he hide a suitcase in the garage and come back home to get it. When I heard this was his last sighting all my thinking has change and have to erase what I initially thought. :banghead: We now know he was in the garage because he left money there. Why didn't he take his wallet then?? Very strange case.

Maybe that's when he left it.

NCNY does he have any hobbies? Does he belong to a gym? Also there is a big Air Soft Arena called Strike Force in Deer Park. Its right by the train station. My SIL and his friends go there, the place is packed with grown men shooting paint balls at one another. Maybe he picked up or met a friend at the train station? (well now I feel that is a stupid idea) His friend would have come forward by now. :banghead:

Trigger you must be in my head. Was going to just ask the same thing about the hobbies.

What if somebody did come home with Bob? Maybe he needed to pick something up for the guy, or they were doing a transaction. Things went south and Bob ends up incapacitated. The "friend" dumps Bob, conveniently leaving the wallet behind to delay identification, parks Bob's car and hops a train.

MOO

How about this theory, along those lines. Somewhere after he leaves the scrap yard he is intercepted by two or more perps. They are looking for money owed to them, with a gun to his head. He tells them he has it, and will pay them ASAP. They force him to go home and get it. One perp drives RM's car (seat pulled up), the other perps keep RM in the car at gunpoint in the car. All of them arrive at the house (as supposedly seen on camera). They open the garage with the remote, everyone is now in the garage. RM has bag of cash and/or narcotics, gets it. They force him to leave his ID/Wallet there. They all leave in the car once again and vanish into the sunset.

Now either they drive directly to the train station (approx 3pm) and get a great spot up front, park his car and hop into a different vehicle and are never heard of again. But if you are going to do this, why park up front? The closer you are to the platform, the easier it is to be seen. It would not be difficult to notice 3 or more men hoping out of one car and into another.

Or, they drive to an undisclosed location in his car, and simply drive his car to the train station later that night/early sat morning to throw anyone off the trail.
Sadly, In either scenario, the ending is not good for RM.

NCNY, can you elaborate on the "guy" you said RM was texting and why this was an issue for IM? Of all that's been said, that detail is sticking out at me.

Jerry I still think RM was driving. The car was parked where he always parked.

I played with a scenario where the perps were waiting in the house and made him get back in the car at gunpoint, sat in the back (hence the seat pushed up) and made him drive to the train station where a car switch was made.

But that doesn't work with the cash and wallet sitting there in the garage.

NCNY, can you elaborate on the "guy" you said RM was texting and why this was an issue for IM? Of all that's been said, that detail is sticking out at me.

Thanks Curious! I can't get past that either.

Wouldnt the natural thing to say is "he, or his car was last seen pulling out of the driveway at 2:45" something along those lines.

Well, the NAMUS has that information, (just without the compensation for the 24 hour clock)

Agree Frankie but when IM was asked about it she said it was information from the beginning of the ever changing investigation and CUE has the up-to-date info.

Maybe that's when he left it.

I thought we established that Ida confirmed the wallet was left and discovered in the morning....that he had done so in the past and she thought nothing of it until he didn't come home.

But he did come home. She just didn't know that. Or did she?

Was she there or not?

Back to the wallet and now the cash.

Let's assume he normally kept those things in his pants pockets. I would think he would put the cash from the scrap metal place right in his pocket when it was given to him.

We know he removed at least the money from those pockets when he got home at 2:40 PM.

Why there in the garage?

Clemenza - I don't know when Ida found the wallet. I thought I read (or saw in video) that she found it after she realized he was missing. I will have to go back to sources to see.

Way to put me on the spot, Jer. ;)

I'm going with he-who-has-been-most-consistent.

I think I understood the car controversy so it made sense to me. IM says "He would never leave his car at the train station" and yet we now learn that he does leave it there on occaision. If you read it as a more permanent version of leave, then the difference is "if he was leaving for good he would have never left his car at the train station and taken the train" rather than "he would never leave his car at the station and take the train"
If I understood, that is the explanation for the discrepancy. It seems perfectly believable to me, most people don't think to add context when they are flipping out over their spouse.

I think I understood the car controversy so it made sense to me. IM says "He would never leave his car at the train station" and yet we now learn that he does leave it there on occaision. If you read it as a more permanent version of leave, then the difference is "if he was leaving for good he would have never left his car at the train station and taken the train" rather than "he would never leave his car at the station and take the train"
If I understood, that is the explanation for the discrepancy. It seems perfectly believable to me, most people don't think to add context when they are flipping out over their spouse.

That is what I took NCNY's explanation to be as well. Perhaps when he signs back on he can verify that is what he meant.

Back to the wallet and now the cash.

Let's assume he normally kept those things in his pants pockets. I would think he would put the cash from the scrap metal place right in his pocket when it was given to him.

We know he removed at least the money from those pockets when he got home at 2:40 PM.

Why there in the garage?

If he were having a confrontation over money, in the garage, he could have emptied his pockets to say "This is all I have".

yes he left his wallet home that morning when he left for work... Ida said he does that often so it wasn't something that she thought much about at the time

Eliza-This from ncny....

We all thought he left it in the morning because we didn't know he came back home. Ida was even saying he must have left it in the morning. But I believe that was before the neighbor video.

I need to find her words. No time right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74