NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, Rob's wallet was never with him that day... Rob apparently left money in the garage, i cannot say for sure where and i can without doubt say that the money found in the garage is not relevant to the transaction from the scrap place... until i can find more about that, or if anything new pops up the money in the garage has no connection to him being missing... Imagine coming home, pullin into your driveway and the garage door opens, u go inside and empty your pockets for something on the counter in the garage and running back out to your car because you forgot something... it was more something like that, of course he could have done whatever in those 10 minutes, but again, there is no way we know what he did in those ten or so minutes...

Jerry, I think u mentioned the possibility that someone was at his home and had a gun waiting for him... even if that were true, i just cant see real life playing out like a movie scene where a guy with a gun hides it in his jacket pocket and tells a hostage to get in the car and drive me somewhere... i think anyone, unless we are speaking of a frightened young person would NEVER agree to those terms of being driven with a guy holding a gun to you, i mean this would mean kidnapping situation, and there is no randsom or any evidence pointing to it... and no hitman would do it either, they would have shot him dead as soon as the garage opened up and he walked in and closed the garage door on the way out with his body inside for his family to find, and that would have been easily attainable since he had a very constant schedule...

also, we need to remind ourselves of this... Just because we know robs car left the house at around 245pm, we cant assume the vehicle went directly to the train station... it could have gone anywhere and not not been left at the station until the next day for all we know... i feel this is the BIGGEST PROBLEM with this case, if we had more information on the whereabouts of Rob between the hours of 3:00pm friday - 4pm Saturday this would have been a closed case by now... i still dont get how LE cannot find ways of finding Robs car on ANY DAMN CAMERAS during this time... they say we are captured over 30 times every few minutes each day by public cameras and we know there arent that many places he could have travelled in that time frame seeing that his car was found abandoned the next day at i forgot what time... it pisses me off because although its not my profession i wish i had the access LE had for some stuff as i would do a better job ;)

but srsly, think about it, 3pm-3pm is 24hrs of unanswered nobody knows a damn thing about anything! ITS BS, im 100% sure that if you go through major streets cameras and video u will be able to spot Robs car out driving in LI somewhere, start with the closest major intersections and move out, the bottom line is the distance he could have travelled isnt that big... and he probably got gas! where are the investigators looking?!?!?!?!?!

the ONLY way Rob's car dropped off the face of the earth for that time is that he was a spy prodigy comparable to Jason Bourne who knew the EXACT roads to drive at the EXACT moments not to get caught on camera! CMON!

Re the first bolded sentence:
So, that effectively means he forgot the wallet in the morning and when he came home at 2:40 and left ten minutes later he forgot it for the second time in one day. Is he usually that absentminded? Or do you think this points to him being especially troubled and stressed that day? Or he left it behind on purpose?

The other weird thing about this time frame (2:40 - 2:50) is that that's also when his phone went dead.

It's like cutting ties: no id, no phone. It's like saying "leave me alone". imo.

Re the second bolded sentence:
Maybe that is because he did in fact drive straight to the train station and was just lucky to get that particular parking spot. It's not impossible.

I think you should focus on the question: where could/would he go that meakes it more feasable to take the train (with or without the bike) rather than the car? Possibly he wanted to go somewhere that afternoon and be back home by evening.

Tbh, first thing that comes to my mind (although you said it's very unlikely) is a mistress. He'd take the train, and maybe other public transport or ride his bike, to see her rather than risking being spotted in his eye catching car in her neighbourhood.

Could also be a small job, possibly private and cash in hand?

If he left his car and took the train (as we are assuming he did) it looks like concealment to me. As if he was trying to hide where he was going. moo

I believe I saw that RM had an iPhone 4S which has the find my iPhone app preinstalled has anyone tried to locate the phone?

I believe I saw that RM had an iPhone 4S which has the find my iPhone app preinstalled has anyone tried to locate the phone?

Interesting thought. I am by no mean tech savvy but, could certain data be seen or retrieved via I-Cloud?

no, Rob's wallet was never with him that day... Rob apparently left money in the garage, i cannot say for sure where and i can without doubt say that the money found in the garage is not relevant to the transaction from the scrap place... until i can find more about that, or if anything new pops up the money in the garage has no connection to him being missing... Imagine coming home, pullin into your driveway and the garage door opens, u go inside and empty your pockets for something on the counter in the garage and running back out to your car because you forgot something... it was more something like that, of course he could have done whatever in those 10 minutes, but again, there is no way we know what he did in those ten or so minutes...

Jerry, I think u mentioned the possibility that someone was at his home and had a gun waiting for him... even if that were true, i just cant see real life playing out like a movie scene where a guy with a gun hides it in his jacket pocket and tells a hostage to get in the car and drive me somewhere... i think anyone, unless we are speaking of a frightened young person would NEVER agree to those terms of being driven with a guy holding a gun to you, i mean this would mean kidnapping situation, and there is no randsom or any evidence pointing to it... and no hitman would do it either, they would have shot him dead as soon as the garage opened up and he walked in and closed the garage door on the way out with his body inside for his family to find, and that would have been easily attainable since he had a very constant schedule...

also, we need to remind ourselves of this... Just because we know robs car left the house at around 245pm, we cant assume the vehicle went directly to the train station... it could have gone anywhere and not not been left at the station until the next day for all we know... i feel this is the BIGGEST PROBLEM with this case, if we had more information on the whereabouts of Rob between the hours of 3:00pm friday - 4pm Saturday this would have been a closed case by now... i still dont get how LE cannot find ways of finding Robs car on ANY DAMN CAMERAS during this time... they say we are captured over 30 times every few minutes each day by public cameras and we know there arent that many places he could have travelled in that time frame seeing that his car was found abandoned the next day at i forgot what time... it pisses me off because although its not my profession i wish i had the access LE had for some stuff as i would do a better job ;)

but srsly, think about it, 3pm-3pm is 24hrs of unanswered nobody knows a damn thing about anything! ITS BS, im 100% sure that if you go through major streets cameras and video u will be able to spot Robs car out driving in LI somewhere, start with the closest major intersections and move out, the bottom line is the distance he could have travelled isnt that big... and he probably got gas! where are the investigators looking?!?!?!?!?!

the ONLY way Rob's car dropped off the face of the earth for that time is that he was a spy prodigy comparable to Jason Bourne who knew the EXACT roads to drive at the EXACT moments not to get caught on camera! CMON!

I can only assume why all camera footage not being checked (or have they?) is due to one reason - manpower. The report of this neighbors camera catching the car is coming pretty late in the game. My only question is, why didn't the owner take it to the police when they found it or on their to to authorities right now? I am not doubting what you say to be be valid, I think you're genuine. But eyewitness accounts have been erroneous many times over. So much to consider and validate when it comes to people who say they saw something. Eyewitness accounts, like evidence, has to be tested.

The questions I would have are:
1. How close in proximity was the camera to RM's home?
2. Was the footage in color?
3. Was it a full shot?
4. Did the camera catch the vehicle coming and going?
5. Windows down? Alone?

If the camera tape is authentic, it provides a huge missing chunk. But maybe just more mystery as well. Until it is properly analyzed, I'll keep kicking rocks. Why isn't the family putting pressure on the owner? Obviously they know who it is?

I unfortunately am not tech savvy as well I tried to look at mine and I am unsure if it gives you the last known location.
This feature also allows you to lock and erase your phone from a computer or other device. My best guess would be to check with Apple they would know what their phones are capable of.
I also saw it was a work phone does Anyone know if his company had a tracking system on the phone perhaps?
I am new to this so these are just a few thoughts I had

Find my iPhone does not work when the battery dies or the phone is powered down (tested powering down with my own phone).

Originally Posted by Jerry516

Wouldnt the natural thing to say is "he, or his car was last seen pulling out of the driveway at 2:45" something along those lines.

------------------------------------------
Well, the NAMUS has that information, (just without the compensation for the 24 hour clock)

So I am still not convinced he ever made it home. Again, IM NEVER ONCE mentions this.

IM states NAMUS has the most accurate info. Their info states 2:40 am, now lets assume that's an error. (doubtful, as this NAMUS site needs to be extremely accurate to be helpful, no? And that is why they use a 24hr clock, so times are CLEAR. I cant believe they would make a mistake like that, and if they did, havent caught it and corrected the error by now)

How does their info state he or his car was last seen pulling out of the driveway at around 2:45, if our own verified insider has CLEARLY stated in one of his posts the camera does not show the driveway at all, it only shows the car going down the block??? Is NAMUS now assuming things too??

Just more convoluted information. I dont mean to split hairs, but these details are extremely important in serious cases like this.

This iPhone talk brings up a good question. Was Rob known to power off his iPhone? Did he have a car charger?

I ask because I don't know about anyone else but I had to use google just now to find out how to power mine down because I've actually never done it before.

It just seems a little too much of a coincidence to me that the phone stopped pinging at the precise last time Rob was seen. I am assuming his phone was shut off (or reset) and the battery didn't just die at that exact moment.

Originally Posted by Jerry516

Wouldnt the natural thing to say is "he, or his car was last seen pulling out of the driveway at 2:45" something along those lines.

------------------------------------------

So I am still not convinced he ever made it home. Again, IM NEVER ONCE mentions this.

IM states NAMUS has the most accurate info. Their info states 2:40 am, now lets assume that's an error. (doubtful, as this NAMUS site needs to be extremely accurate to be helpful, no? And that is why they use a 24hr clock, so times are CLEAR. I cant believe they would make a mistake like that, and if they did, havent caught it and corrected the error by now)

How does their info state he or his car was last seen pulling out of the driveway at around 2:45, if our own verified insider has CLEARLY stated in one of his posts the camera does not show the driveway at all, it only shows the car going down the block??? Is NAMUS now assuming things too??

Just more convoluted information. I dont mean to split hairs, but these details are extremely important in serious cases like this.

Jerry NAMUS and CUE got the info from Ida.

If you look at FB, she posted on June 30th, "contacted national missing persons (NAMUS)" and then a few comments later says "thx - doing it now" regarding CUE.

I can only assume why all camera footage not being checked (or have they?) is due to one reason - manpower. The report of this neighbors camera catching the car is coming pretty late in the game. My only question is, why didn't the owner take it to the police when they found it or on their to to authorities right now? I am not doubting what you say to be be valid, I think you're genuine. But eyewitness accounts have been erroneous many times over. So much to consider and validate when it comes to people who say they saw something. Eyewitness accounts, like evidence, has to be tested.

The questions I would have are:
1. How close in proximity was the camera to RM's home?
2. Was the footage in color?
3. Was it a full shot?
4. Did the camera catch the vehicle coming and going?
5. Windows down? Alone?

If the camera tape is authentic, it provides a huge missing chunk. But maybe just more mystery as well. Until it is properly analyzed, I'll keep kicking rocks. Why isn't the family putting pressure on the owner? Obviously they know who it is?

We don't know that the neighbor is giving this info late in the game - LE may have had this information long before it was made public. Or the guy didn't bother checking his footage, since at first it was assumed he never came back to Dix Hills after work.

NCNY - Did RM normally leave work early on Fridays? If he's normally home around 3, the Rte 110 ping at 1:45 is pretty early.

NCNY - Did RM normally leave work early on Fridays? If he's normally home around 3, the Rte 110 ping at 1:45 is pretty early.

That's a good question. It was very early. So he must have left work when his co-workers last saw him which was at 1230pm. It was Fathers Day weekend. Did he tell his wife he was leaving work early that morning? I'm sure there was a lot of things he had to do around house, or pick up at the store. etc.

Jerry NAMUS and CUE got the info from Ida.

If you look at FB, she posted on June 30th, "contacted national missing persons (NAMUS)" and then a few comments later says "thx - doing it now" regarding CUE.

I am not arguing, I am just trying to get this clear......

Last sighting CUE states is the scrap metal yard approx 2:15 pm. Never mentions he, or his car, at 2:45pm at the house, or on the block of the house.

NAMUS states, he, or his car was seen at 2:50am pulling out of his driveway.

Our VERIFIED INSIDER states neighbor's camera doesnt pick up the driveway at all, it only shows his car on the block at approx 2:45pm.

According to what you say that IM posted on FB, the CUE info was given AFTER the NAMUS posting. How come she never mentions the car on the block to CUE?

Am I reading this correctly, so we all can agree this is the only information we have as his (or his car's) last known sighting?

Last sighting CUE states is the scrap metal yard approx 2:15 pm. Never mentions he, or his car, at 2:45pm at the house, or on the block of the house.

Our VERIFIED INSIDER states neighbor's camera doesnt pick up the driveway at all, it only shows his car on the block at approx 2:45pm.

Am I reading this correctly, so we all can agree this is the only information we have as his (or his car's) last known sighting?

Yes Jerry I agree, very conflicting times. It is possible that LE didn't canvass the neighbors until around 6/30 and thats when the suvailance video was discovered.

According to what you say that IM posted on FB, the CUE info was given AFTER the NAMUS posting. How come she never mentions the car on the block to CUE?

I don't know.

She also says later that the NAMUS info was posted at the beginning of the investigation and it is changing every day, implying that its old info.

She also says in at least one other post (paraphrasing) that CUE is the only place to get info.

I am assuming that she wants people to concentrate on the scrap metal angle because she thinks it is more relevant than him being home after he was there.

We also don't even know for sure that he went home. According to NCNY, the video doesn't actually show him in the driveway, just passing a neighbor's home on the street. Who knows, he could have just done a drive by.

So assuming that the timeline on NAMUS is incorrect regarding AM/PM let's just say its PM and the car left the house at 2:45 PM when Ida was not home as per NCNY. So then we are missing where RM went from 6/14 3:00 PM to 6/15 5:00 PM time of cars discovery as per NCNY.

Yes Jerry I agree, very conflicting times. It is possible that LE didn't canvass the neighbors until around 6/30 and thats when the suvailance video was discovered.

That would make it 2 weeks after his disappearance.

How many days of video storage does the typical dvr store, assuming its recording 24 hrs? I suppose a lot of factors come into play(hard drive space, etc....)
Remember, whatever day the neighbor looked at it, he would have to go back to June 14.

I would think a typical home DVR system is probably not storing as much as one of a place of business is? Two weeks sounds like a lot of storage time for a home system---JMO

How many days of video storage does the typical dvr store, assuming its recording 24 hrs? I suppose a lot of factors come into play(hard drive space, etc....)
Remember, whatever day the neighbor looked at it, he would have to go back to June 14.

I would think a typical home DVR system is probably not storing as much as one of a place of business is? Two weeks sounds like a lot of storage time for a home system---JMO

Good point Jerry. Unless they are using a computer with about 1 to 2 terra bites that can hold a considerable amount of video. Don't know just a guess. However it could have been found earlier than the 30th. I don't know if LE sat on the info or how early the NAMUS info was posted. I think that was the first place I saw the discrepancy.

It depends on the system. I can go back months on my security footage, and then burn a dvd off of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nteetee