NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have permission from the facebook group. When I try to insert a photo, it asks for the url of the picture. I have it saved to my desktop, no url. When I try to copy and paste, it does not work either. Suggestions?

I use imgur. http://imgur.com/
upload from your computer then
cut and paste the link specified for forums.

Please do not upload any documents from the FB page to this thread. It is against the rules. You may link to the FB site and reference them but they cannot be uploaded or copied as screenshots here.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

The Rules

Photo of Arrow Scrap Metal

does this have a link from where it came from

just jumping off your post: do not bring social media documents here. Pictures or the like. (not aimed at you cin) You can link to the approved page and say see document.

:seeya::seeya::seeya:

I just took another ride over to Arrow Scrap, trying to be there around the same time as RM would have been on 6/14. It's a pretty busy area, yet desolate if that makes sense... Lots of cars, yet you see very few people. What struck me is, if he got into trouble at the scrap yard, I can't imagine them driving his car elsewhere, let alone someplace miles away. If something went wrong, I think the car would have been scrapped, crushed, not found. There are plenty of places right on Kean or the next street west of there to scrap a car or hide or abandon a car- why drive it elsewhere ? It doesn't make sense.
And the fact that the trunk was totally empty is weird. Who the heck has an EMPTY trunk? You empty your trunk out when you have to put OTHER things in it. And would the "bad guys" (if there were bad guys) take the time to empty the trunk? If they had hid RM in the trunk, wouldn't there be evidence that would have made it so LE would never had made that statement about no evidence of foul play???
Ugh...just thinking...

Why does the NAMUS website claim the last known location as being the Driveway, but RM's wife and the media is claiming it was Arrow?

Awful news for the loved ones of whomever this is. Praying it's not RM.

I think somewhere on here, or maybe the open FB page, someone quoted IM as saying, "Come home. I/We'll keep you safe." Could they have been getting threats? Were some very bad people pissed off? I'm thinking they were. Extortion is a real possibility, and maybe where the scrap money was going. He left money in the garage, which would be one way to allow someone to come pick it up unobserved. Easy to explain ("The guy who stops by is my co-worker").

If you cause people problems or grief, some people come looking to collect. God, I really hope it's not him.

I recall on the FB thread, IM inquired about bounty hunters & how do they work? Sounded like brainstorming and she mentioned something to the effect of 'i know you all think this is a crazy question...' Totally paraphrasing here but I recall it well. My take, since it appears he had no arrest record to ever warrant a bounty hunter being involved as I take them to be bail bond related, that perhaps she was referring to the type of individual who would follow up after some personal loan was not repaid.

I was bringing them from the facebook page. I read the rules and did not think it applied to photos. I will remove them. While reading the Mickey Shunick case, I thought there were several photos shared from the facebook site.

It applies to facebook. post the link and say see photos.

images: anytime an image is attached to a post you can link the image but you also have to link where it came from.

It is from social media say: see image here if it is not from the approved social media page (official find page).

If it is from the official page that is approved, link the page with the image.

Hope that helps. (all images need links on where they came from)

images: anytime an image is attached to a post you can link the image but you also have to link where it came from.

It is from social media say: see image here if it is not from the approved social media page (official find page).

If it is from the official page that is approved, link the page with the image.

Hope that helps. (all images need links on where they came from)

What if they are from a personal camera?

Topdngirl-- firstly welcome and many prayers for healing for your husband and for you.
Not sure if RM has a hat like that---you surely could post the question to FB.

it could be a coin:seeya:cidence or not---he has to be somewhere and we all have to eat!!!!

Bunnyhop--post 83--lololol-- welcome to my world honey!!

I recall on the FB thread, IM inquired about bounty hunters & how do they work? Sounded like brainstorming and she mentioned something to the effect of 'i know you all think this is a crazy question...' Totally paraphrasing here but I recall it well. My take, since it appears he had no arrest record to ever warrant a bounty hunter being involved as I take them to be bail bond related, that perhaps she was referring to the type of individual who would follow up after some personal loan was not repaid.

what an interesting statement/question!!!! Bounty hunters deal with bail jumpers, yes? I am thinking of Dog the Bounty Hunter (singing his theme song in my head). Maybe she is thinking of Equifax Search -- the people who searched for Natalie Holloway and Caylee Anthony???
And yet she won't consult a psychic or medium??-- totally MOO

If this guy just ran off...he needs to send a telegram and let his wife know. He doesn't have to say where he is or come back...but really, that is the least people can do if they want to start a new life.

I am not at all sure he did run off...just saying I wish adults would own up if they do and not waste resources.

That is such a strange sentence...I guess they mean the water bottles were found in the front seat? Or did they mean a ladder, lol?

Yes, it is clumsy wording. I took it to mean the lunchbox and water bottles were on the front seat, but the tools weren't found.

If you are a local and you took the picture, you can link it and note yourself as the source.

If you are a local and you took the picture, you can link it and note yourself as the source.

I've even done this myself by making up a Photobucket to view pics I took in the Kyron Horman case. Or you can attach your pics to your post, either way.

If this guy just ran off...he needs to send a telegram and let his wife know. He doesn't have to say where he is or come back...but really, that is the least people can do if they want to start a new life.

I am not at all sure he did run off...just saying I wish adults would own up if they do and not waste resources.

Absolutley cluciano--if he is in rehab, doing jail time or what have you, let your family know and end the mystery. Is there an anniversary or b-day of his kids coming up?? Maybe he will make contact. I know his mother's passed a few weeks ago.

Is it possible he left a note and the family is having none of it???
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member