NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angel-- I remember this!!! I think the county is looking to go after him for all the money expended in the search--well false search.

I think if a person is walking a lot throughout the day (like those of us who live in "the city"), that's true. In places where you drive everywhere (like Long Island), there are probably a lot less "captures" on cameras. Other explanations might be: a person who went directly to their destination, and has been laying low since, or someone who went out of the area altogether (another state), where no one is going to be actively looking for them under normal circumstances.

Last August, a Long Island man faked his own death and was headed to Florida. During a routine traffic stop in South Carolina, the cop ran his license and realized he was listed as missing. Since he hadn't been charged with a crime (yet), he let him go. It took several more days to coax him back to New York, where he chose to be admitted to a psych facility, before facing the court. If RM isn't using his own I.D., we'd have to hope that people will recognize his face.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/raymond-roth-hospitalized_n_1758319.html

No one will recognize him out of long island!
No one is looking for him in all reality outside of long island!
No news station anywhere is running his pic or his story!
he is not missing!

I think he will return home when he wants to if he wants to. I don't think anyone will SPOT him. JMO

I hear ya. Between work, the scrap yard and the station (him going home has never really been established, so I have to take that with a grain of salt) there appears to be nothing cut and dry. The train depot seems to be the red herring only because there is no apparent reason for him to go there and leave his car in with an obviously known transient encampment nearby. At least for an extended period of time. Too many bells ringing are telling me that he did not drive and leave his car there. Hell, it's not even known WHEN the car was left there. Available parking has always been a problem there so for RM to find that 'sweet spot' at that time of the day right up front and center....says a lot.

The train station is also a bus pick up and a taxi pick up and drop off.
His car was parked right up front there not toward the back. Someone could have picked him up there also. If he drove his car there.
so many questions so few answers.

I do believe he is on his bike. You can go anywhere on a bike these days.
Cops cant stop ya for traffic violations.

Angel-- I remember this!!! I think the county is looking to go after him for all the money expended in the search--well false search.

Yes, he was charged with "conspiracy to commit insurance fraud" and was sentenced (very lightly) with: 90 days in jail, 5 years probation, and paying back the cost of the search ($37,000).

No one will recognize him out of long island!
No one is looking for him in all reality outside of long island!
No news station anywhere is running his pic or his story!
he is not missing!

I think he will return home when he wants to if he wants to. I don't think anyone will SPOT him. JMO

The flyer and story did make it onto the AOL news wall yesterday. That's very good exposure.

Is he "hiding in plain sight" or "hidden" ?

Are we allowed to speculate ?????

Oh and if I vanish w/out saying goodbye--my computer is jumping to sleep mode-no clue why---so will take any techie advice

The flyer and story did make it onto the AOL news wall yesterday. That's very good exposure.

Well that's good but im talking national TV!
No one knows this man is missing unless they are online ! and follow these sites.

Thing is I don't think LE believes he is a missing person!

Yes, he was charged with "conspiracy to commit insurance fraud" and was sentenced (very lightly) with: 90 days in jail, 5 years probation, and paying back the cost of the search ($37,000).

Subsequently he attempted to kidnap a woman in broad daylight in Freeport. He was claiming to be a cop and ordered her into his car. She ran into a check cashing place and workers there called the cops. The man is obviously seriously ill mentally.

the more I think on this I am of the opinion that LE is not releasing info to the public--its not our business to know. Slightly OT but is this media bias???? Woman missing-lots of attention--man missing-not so much

Its two months--- how much cash does he have, is he able to get more.......

the more I think on this I am of the opinion that LE is not releasing info to the public--its not our business to know. Slightly OT but is this media bias???? Woman missing-lots of attention--man missing-not so much

Well I think when women go missing there is usually foul play and evidence.
JMO

am thinking of pre-paid Visa gift cards and the like--- can they be reloaded online???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa