NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK sweetlings-----heading out to make dinner (and earn my keep-lol).
Have a great night and be safe--------better news, any news tomorrow.

Oh-- did IM ever make the public announcement she spoke of a week or so ago??????
Did she make it on FB??????

McSpy-- makes total sense to me--IMO
If RM has been reunited with his family, they may choose to say nothing to the public.
And as far as we know no crime has been committed

I think IM would say something to all the fb search group members. The word should spread after that.

JMO

McSpy-- makes total sense to me--IMO
If RM has been reunited with his family, they may choose to say nothing to the public.
And as far as we know no crime has been committed

I want to add to my answer here. If RM is located by LE and he doesn't want to be reunited, the family should tell the fb group. They don't have to go into details. All they would need to say is that he has been found and then thank everyone for their concern and help.

JMO

I agree that if RM has had contact with LE and LE felt sure RM was not under duress - they would likely release something publicly - while honoring RM's wishes to not reveal details of his situation or whereabouts. That was done recently in the case of a woman who went missing (great lakes area) and was located in SW USA.

This case needs a firecracker investigative reporter to get a statement from LE. May need to put some pressure on local community leaders (counselperson) to get LE to make an official public statement. Many people are dedicating many hours to search efforts - a current statement on case status seems something local LE would want to give to the community.

Thats only if IM wants a statement released...

A start could be a reporter going to law enforcement and asking the question:
"Is there a current open investigation on RM, the Dix Hills man that was reported missing? Yes or No? "
Followed by a second question: " What is the current status of that investigation?"

Are you thinking that IM would have say on whether LE would answer these questions?

A start could be a reporter going to law enforcement and asking the question:
"Is there a current open investigation on RM, the Dix Hills man that was reported missing? Yes or No? "
Followed by a second question: " What is the current status of that investigation?"

Are you thinking that IM would have say on whether LE would answer these questions?

That is what i'm saying.
If this is not a criminal investigation..IM can request that no status updates
Be given.

Wow, I had no idea that was SOP. Climbing back on :fence:

I guess all there is to do at this point is wait and watch how it all plays out. Hope answers will come soon.

That is what i'm saying.
If this is not a criminal investigation..IM can request that no status updates
Be given.

What would prompt her to request that no status updates be given?
Wouldn't it behoove the investigation, even if not criminal?
IMOO.

A note about the car being "processed"...
SCPD is nowhere near as backlogged as NYC.
There is not a chance that the car is still being "processed"

What would prompt her to request that no status updates be given?
Wouldn't it behoove the investigation, even if not criminal?
IMOO.

If the status update is, for arguments sake, that they believe he is in the bahamas sipping on mai tai's.... 2,200 fb supporters would find a new hobby, no more searches...interest would be zero.

A blog...not an article.
No new facts. Just more dramatic.
:banghead:

Whatever it is, an article, or an article within a blog. The individual who wrote it interviewed IM. I hadn't seen it before and thought i'd post.

It seems its slowing down around here and I thought a different take on the situation, from this persons perspective may help.

The one comment was regarding her phone call with him apparently she stated the phone went silent, dead whatever you wanna call it, and she didn't think anything of it til later that night...

Moo and all that good stuff...

Am I the only one a bit perturbed by the attention-seeking (IMO) on the FB page for finding Robert?

All about MEEEEEE comes to mind. JMO

I didn't even want to comment on it, but it has been increasing at a steady clip to the point where I can barely scroll through the page without a post about HIM - and it seems that the assistance being offered to IM is false (Please note: If I am wrong, and this is just a well-meaning member of the community genuinely trying to help, then I will gladly eat my own words.)

-----

So interesting, the characters that play into these disappearances. Surely it is not nefarious, but still, it is distracting to the actual purpose - finding Robert...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

I will research official SOP...however...i do believe that if there is no criminal investigation then family can decide whether or not to make public statements and updates.

IMO this is not an active investigation.

I will research official SOP...however...i do believe that if there is no criminal investigation then family can decide whether or not to make public statements and updates.

IMO this is not an active investigation.

If it isn't an active investigation then why does LE still have the car??? They were still processing it, as far as I know. IMO, the case is still open.

If you are an adult and of sound mind and you do not want to be found, contact the investigating police department and identify yourself. They should close your file and would not be legally allowed to tell your relatives etc. where you are, due to privacy laws. -
http://www.charleyproject.org/faq.html

BBM

If it isn't an active investigation then why does LE still have the car??? They were still processing it, as far as I know. IMO, the case is still open.

9 weeks to process a car that had no prints, no scent and no contents (other than water bottles)?

Not in suffolk county....

who said they still have the car? we are being told they have the car... perhaps they gave it back weeks ago and someone has it...

who said they still have the car? we are being told they have the car... perhaps they gave it back weeks ago and someone has it...

I know what you mean, we have been told that the car is still being processed. Should we believe this? I guess it boils down to trusting or not trusting what is being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa