NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, I don't think poor RM had anything that was "his". Even "his" car was called "my car" by IM. I think she ran the show and he just tagged along. Until June 14 2013 that is. :hills:

Your little guy there is saying Run for the Hills.
It should be Run From the Hills,( ya know Dix Hills) :)
A little bit of humor...
IMOO.

earlier I asked who's idea it was to check the neighbors video footage. the wallet was found by 4pm the day he went missing, who found this? why were they looking in the drawers? they found what they were looking in the first drawer they opened? when they explained the wallet was found in the drawer to police, the police didn't suggest checking any other drawers? yet asked neighbors for video? and the video footage is what made them think to check the other drawers? this seems odd to me.

earlier I asked who's idea it was to check the neighbors video footage. the wallet was found by 4pm the day he went missing, who found this? why were they looking in the drawers? they found what they were looking in the first drawer they opened? when they explained the wallet was found in the drawer to police, the police didn't suggest checking any other drawers? yet asked neighbors for video? and the video footage is what made them think to check the other drawers? this seems odd to me.

Personally, I think if I had a camera set up watching my driveway/walkway/porch, etc. and it showed part of my neighbor's driveway and the neighbor went missing, I would most definitely check my footage from that day. And, they may have checked it right away and let IM know, but LE didn't know for a week.....or vice versa.

With proof from the footage that he was indeed home for those 10 minutes, I would think is enough to suggest that the garage be searched.

Personally, I think if I had a camera set up watching my driveway/walkway/porch, etc. and it showed part of my neighbor's driveway and the neighbor went missing, I would most definitely check my footage from that day. And, they may have checked it right away and let IM know, but LE didn't know for a week.....or vice versa.

With proof from the footage that he was indeed home for those 10 minutes, I would think is enough to suggest that the garage be searched.

I agree with what you're saying, my trouble is understanding why it took confirmation from this video for anyone to think "let's check the other drawers". LE and IM knew day one the wallet and money were in a drawer, and never thought to open other drawers?

I agree with what you're saying, my trouble is understanding why it took confirmation from this video for anyone to think "let's check the other drawers". LE and IM knew day one the wallet and money were in a drawer, and never thought to open other drawers?

True! Heck, it all comes from that one source anyway. Maybe they did check the drawers, but the back pedaling means a person has to make up other stuff. :banghead:

I have never left my wallet anywhere other than my blue jeans back pocket or on top of the night stand, ever. I have never encountered a male who left his wallet "in a drawer" + "in the garage". That is of course me imposing my personal experience on some random MP such as RM. :twocents: Am I the only one who thinks this whole scenario is just ... well, not quite right? :gasp:

No. Reverse Remy Ramsaran has run thru my head once or twice...

Hi all, I had to cut and paste this from the previous thread. I posted it last night. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but I thought it was worthy of a repost. My only point here is that even with new released "facts", inconsistencies remain, and I still feel we are being "played"

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstorm
According to the release FAQ today, by the time RM's cell phone was found, it was known that the transaction at Arrow Scrap was for $300.00, which explains the $300.00 in the drawer. (not my words, from the FAQ)

JERRY516------------------------------
I've had a busy day, so I've been unable to focus....let me get this straight.....

Cell phone was found 1 week after disappearance right? Didn't IM find out about the scrap yard 2 weeks after his disappearance?

So how was the transaction at the scrap yard known About before they found the phone?

Is something wrong with this equation? Or is it just me?

Didn't one of RM's co-workers suggest checking the scrap yard to see if RM went there? If so, this could explain why they checked it and found out he did make a transaction of $300.

I'm thinking RM could have told IM that he left his wallet in the drawer during their 9am phone call. I don't know if he mentioned it, but I'm just suggesting it as a possibility.

I can't keep all the facts straight on this one. Probably because the person giving the facts keeps changing things.

First the cell phone was found, then it was a miscommunication, now it's found again.

First it was a minimal amount from the scrap - now it's $300.00

First it's 2 weeks before Arrow Scrap is checked (and because somebody he worked with suggested it) - now there is a receipt from Arrow Scrap found 1 week after he went missing.

It does seem odd that anyone would consider $300. a minimal amount for scrap. Makes me think the theater owner should get a cut. For goodness sake, he owned that old wiring. Is this typical for a days worth of scrap in a project like a that??

I have never left my wallet anywhere other than my blue jeans back pocket or on top of the night stand, ever. I have never encountered a male who left his wallet "in a drawer" + "in the garage". That is of course me imposing my personal experience on some random MP such as RM. :twocents: Am I the only one who thinks this whole scenario is just ... well, not quite right? :gasp:

Leaving the wallet is one thing, but also his phone and cash too? He left with nothing in his pockets? Seems unusual to me. Supposedly, he drove off without his license too, since the wallet was in the drawer . . . Who does that??

The "What really happened to Robert Mayer" FB page is not open for discussion at this time. The designated thread ended up being a place where people were sleuthing Facebook members and we don't do that on Websleuths.

If some particular information arises on that page that is "sleuth worthy", we'll change the plan. But for now, we will not discuss that page here.

This case is so strange to me. I feel alot of the facts are not known. There is alot more to this story than meets the eye. How does someone just disappear? This may have been a well thought out and planned idea. My gut from the beginning was that he took off voluntarily. We don't have all the facts and may never have them. We are only hearing one side of the story. It's ironic he disappeared two days before Father's Day and that he had no id. on him. Now money is being found and the phone is being found which i find interesting because wasn't it stated that early on in the investiagtion that the phone was not found?The fact that LE is not vocal on this case leads me to think they also think it was voluntary. Could it be he was running from someone or knew something? Maybe knew too much?
I think IM is withholding facts to save face because if he was so happy and everything was so wonderful, than why is he missing? Something does not sit well with me.Just my opinion. :banghead:

I do not find it strange He would leave his wallet and cell phone there in the garage.
could be a daily ritual.

What if..........
He came home and was going to pack some things and leave (which is what I think he told his wife he was done finito) For some reason I think the family knows how the car got to the RR station. They Knew he arrived home and Knew he left o his bike!

I think things are relative. Perhaps $300 is a minimal transaction for RM. He may have made far more than that in the past in a single transaction.

I don't have much of anything to add. I've been following along and teetering on the fence as to where RM may be or what might have happened. I find it odd / unusual that a man of his age + condition just vanishes into thin air, so at first I thought it was absolutely either foul play or suicide. While I keep on thinking, here's my :twocents: on a couple things...

My garage has "tool chests" with a zillion drawers of various sizes in them, and other random items that have drawers in them. JMO

How does one have a trunk that does not lock? I'm :waitasec: ... if it latches, isn't it locked? If it doesn't lock, how does it latch? I'm sure RM wasn't driving around with his trunk flopping open all over the highway... I'm obviously missing something...

Good point Codger---and its been said that RM "loved" THE CAR, it was like another child...it doesn't make sense to me that such a defect would exist or continue to exist.

I'm not understanding the discrepancy between finding the money and learning he got the money selling scrap. Does it really matter which came first, the chicken or the egg?

$300 is found in the garage in a drawer.

It is discovered that a $300 transaction at a scrap metal yard is made.

It doesn't matter which one happened first. Once you know both pieces of info you come to your conclusion.

I haven't posted in a while but wow- the amount of posts the past couple of days!

The new info leads me to think that RM left on his own. Leaving his cell, wallet/ID and cash behind, I doubt he was going out for a bike ride as he most likely would have still taken his phone. Especially if it is a company phone- don't you have to be accessible during the daytime hours? It would be helpful if his wife says if he regularly leaves those items in the garage, or the drawers where they were found. How soon after he disappeared did she find them? She may have answered these ?'s already, I don't really follow the FB site.

I do not think foul play was involved. I don't think as I originally did that it was suicide. Unless his wife knows of some depression history, etc. she shared with the police. Obviously it appears that LE still does not think foul play is involved either. Even if he did walk out on his kids, it still feels better that he is alive somewhere. Shocking though a guy described as such a good father/family guy would do this. But I guess my naive eyes are opening wider now and people don't always seem as they appear.

I am not sure what I can say on here about the 'background history' some mentioned. I looked into and well yeah, I know how others can think what they think. But we all make mistakes. I just hope and pray the family gets good closure very soon. We can't even imagine once minute of what it feels like to go through what they are going through. We sure haven't walked a mile in Ida's shoes.

I do not know if she hired a PI by now. Does anyone know? I would think that anyone with any money in the bank would do this by now to help get answers, as it seems none are coming from LE!

Lexi----is the background history easily accessible???? I know a few things but always like to know more.

I'm having a hard time with it too, but people do it. There was a case in Maine where a man disappeared while out shopping with his wife. He was found a decade later--living in PA, IIRC. LE located him, but he refused any contact with his family. He died about 5 years after that in Idaho or Iowa surrounded by his church family. The difference is that this man was much older. His children were adults (30s) when he disappeared. I don't think it is common though, especially if the person doesn't have any mental issues or big legal issues.

JMO

McSpy-- I had tossed out a question regarding any religious or social movement that is popular now. Possible he was interested in a fundemental church group, a second wave of Occupy Wall St. (if one exists)??????

McSpy-- I had tossed out a question regarding any religious or social movement that is popular now. Possible he was interested in a fundemental church group, a second wave of Occupy Wall St. (if one exists)??????

I would think they are Catholic! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member