NY - Samuel Bankman-Fried (FTX), Alleged Fraud, Money Laundering, 2019-2022 *Arrest*

Sam Bankman-Fried ‘surprisingly optimistic’ at meeting with sexy crypto influencer Tiffany Fong

Fong — who boasts 19,000 YouTube followers and 39,000 Twitter followers — describes her current occupation on LinkedIn as a self-employed “Reluctant Crypto Content Creator” and said she just happened to be in nearby San Francisco to spend the holidays with her sister and her husband when she got a message from Bankman-Fried.
MOO, while SBF seems to talk to almost anyone that will listen, he does seem to have a particular affinity for this reporter. I am interested to hear her full interview when she posts it on her YouTube. Based on this article, she seems to indicate that he continues to act oblivious as to what exactly happened. (How he can still act oblivious after two months is beyond me.)
“He’s trying to gather his take on events. … He sounded like he was trying to gather his thoughts about what happened,” Fong added, noting Bankman-Fried was on his computer as they talked, but was not gaming.

Last edited:
Sam Bankman-Fried ‘surprisingly optimistic’ at meeting with sexy crypto influencer Tiffany Fong

Fong — who boasts 19,000 YouTube followers and 39,000 Twitter followers — describes her current occupation on LinkedIn as a self-employed “Reluctant Crypto Content Creator” and said she just happened to be in nearby San Francisco to spend the holidays with her sister and her husband when she got a message from Bankman-Fried.

Quickly rising in the Crypto community, Fong caught the notice of the Biden administration, who invited her to the White House Christmas Party, where she quipped she let Biden “smell my hair,” in an Instagram post of her smiling beside the president.
I wonder if he showed her his sexy ankle monitor?

And she boasts about so few followers? I find those numbers a tad embarrassing compared to other accounts I've seen.

In summary, SBF “held at least four meetings with senior White House officials this year — part of a push to influence crypto policy and build connections in Washington” at least one as recently as September of this year.

I'm sure you guys already know this. I had forgotten about it till now.

Earlier this year, as the crypto meltdown was draining the industry of liquidity, FTX executives were begging company founder Sam Bankman-Fried to preserve cash and stop spending hundreds of millions of dollars on celebrity endorsements.

But the 30-year-old billionaire, who’d relied on branding and hype to rapidly take his crypto exchange from upstart to stalwart, was set on signing up one more big name.

Three people close to FTX and Bankman-Fried told CNBC that the former CEO lobbied aggressively for a partnership with 11-time Grammy Award winner Taylor Swift. The deal, which would have cost the now-bankrupt company more than $100 million over three years, was close to coming to fruition before it fell apart in the spring, said the people, who asked not to be named because of confidentiality agreements.

The former executives, who had direct knowledge of the negotiations, said the partnership would’ve been a disaster for FTX because of the steep price tag. Bankman-Fried’s commitment to getting the Swift deal done despite the deteriorating business environment fit a pattern of ignoring his lieutenants and going it alone, a half-dozen former company insiders and business partners said.

I'm sure you guys already know this. I had forgotten about it till now.

Earlier this year, as the crypto meltdown was draining the industry of liquidity, FTX executives were begging company founder Sam Bankman-Fried to preserve cash and stop spending hundreds of millions of dollars on celebrity endorsements.

But the 30-year-old billionaire, who’d relied on branding and hype to rapidly take his crypto exchange from upstart to stalwart, was set on signing up one more big name.

Three people close to FTX and Bankman-Fried told CNBC that the former CEO lobbied aggressively for a partnership with 11-time Grammy Award winner Taylor Swift. The deal, which would have cost the now-bankrupt company more than $100 million over three years, was close to coming to fruition before it fell apart in the spring, said the people, who asked not to be named because of confidentiality agreements.

The former executives, who had direct knowledge of the negotiations, said the partnership would’ve been a disaster for FTX because of the steep price tag. Bankman-Fried’s commitment to getting the Swift deal done despite the deteriorating business environment fit a pattern of ignoring his lieutenants and going it alone, a half-dozen former company insiders and business partners said.

This explains so much re: his mindset and why he flew too close to the sun. The grandiose vision, arrogance, and sense of entitlement, combined with a clear lack of common sense, accountability, or impulse control (no brakes).

I hope his restitution will require that he participate in 546,000,000 hours of finance, accounting, business courses (a la clockwork orange), and community service at homeless shelters.

moo

According to this press release, the Securities Commission of the Bahamas has custody of FTX deposits that were valued at more than $3.5 billion as of Nov. 12.

The Commission transferred the funds when it "determined that there was a significant risk of imminent dissipation as to the digital assets under the custody or control of [FTX] to the prejudice of its customers and creditors."

Assets will be held until the Supreme Court of the Bahamas directs the Commission to deliver them to the customers and creditors who own them.

A group of FTX customers from outside the United States [who say they are owed US$1.9 billion] have asked a U.S. bankruptcy judge to keep their names secret during the cryptocurrency exchange's bankruptcy case, saying that revealing their identities could expose them to identity theft and other scams.
[The judge] will hear arguments on customer privacy at a Jan. 11 hearing[.]

The assets are under the Bahamian Securities Commission's "exclusive control" until the country's Supreme Court rules that the regulator can return said assets to the crypto exchange's former customers or joint liquidators.

The commission has been scrutinized for its role in handling FTX's financial assets. While the regulator initially attempted to handle insolvency proceedings, FTX's lawyers pushed back against the commission by arguing that the government regulator had coordinated with Bankman-Fried and they did not trust the Bahamian government.

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried is likely to plead not guilty to eight counts of fraud at a hearing next week, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Meanwhile the 30-year-old broke his silence from house arrest slapping down claims he reactivated Alameda wallets just days after posting his $250million bail.

Looks like you have to be a subscriber of the WP. :(

Looks like you have to be a subscriber of the WP. :(
Weird. I can read the whole article using the link, and I am not a subscriber.

In summary, CE’s parents are MIT economics professors. From a young age, she has been gifted at reading and math. She studied math at Stanford and held two internships at Jane Street Capital before being hired full-time after college. That is where she met SBF. A year after he left Jane Street Capital for his own ventures, she left, as well, to join him.

Weird. I can read the whole article using the link, and I am not a subscriber.

In summary, CE’s parents are MIT economics professors. From a young age, she has been gifted at reading and math. She studied math at Stanford and held two internships at Jane Street Capital before being hired full-time after college. That is where she met SBF. A year after he left Jane Street Capital for his own ventures, she left, as well, to join him.
That is weird. Maybe I read too many and they've thrown up a paywall?

Thanks for summing it up. So no mention of her being a Potterhead or her love for political philosophy and taking big risks. ;-P

Here's another article on her:

:)

BBM

Sam Bankman-Fried's lawyers requested for a judge to keep confidential the identities of two individuals who helped him secure bail, Bloomberg reports.
According to the lawyers' letter cited in the report, those individuals haven't signed on yet but intend to do so by January 5.

Sam Bankman-Fried's lawyers requested for a judge to keep confidential the identities of two individuals who helped him secure bail, Bloomberg reports.
According to the lawyers' letter cited in the report, those individuals haven't signed on yet but intend to do so by January 5.

You'd THINK they'd have waited to release SBF to mommy and daddy's house until AFTER whoever the 2 mystery people have signed on. Especially since it appears, at least to me, that at least daddy has his fingers in the pie too. Likely mommy too.

You'd THINK they'd have waited to release SBF to mommy and daddy's house until AFTER whoever the 2 mystery people have signed on. Especially since it appears, at least to me, that at least daddy has his fingers in the pie too. Likely mommy too.
That would make too much sense. :p I’ll be interested to see if both parties do, ultimately, agree to sign.

That would make too much sense. :p I’ll be interested to see if both parties do, ultimately, agree to sign.
And what if they don't? Have you ever seen that and know the outcome? Back to jail?

And what if they don't? Have you ever seen that and know the outcome? Back to jail?
I am not familiar! I would expect that he would have to go back to jail if the required signers are not willing to sign, but that’s MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back