NY - Samuel Bankman-Fried (FTX), Alleged Fraud, Money Laundering, 2019-2022 *Arrest*

SBF has made another blog post, fwiw.

SBF has made another blog post, fwiw.

Dude needs to learn to stop talking (that includes posting). And his Twitter image looks like a toned down version of him. He must have asked Zuck to make him an AI image that made him look good. "Trim my hair a bit and trim my weight while you're at it". lol

The collateral damage of FTX collapse continues. Crypto firm Genesis (run by Winklevoss brothers/twins) literally reduced their wealth by over one billion. The amount of money that these companies had in such a short time is mind boggling.
"The contagion was so rapid that both Gemini and Genesis hired experts to guide them through a potential Genesis bankruptcy."
**Personally I have always felt "spooked" by crypto. Just too volatile for me.

Dude needs to learn to stop talking (that includes posting). And his Twitter image looks like a toned down version of him. He must have asked Zuck to make him an AI image that made him look good. "Trim my hair a bit and trim my weight while you're at it". lol
GEMMIE, I agree he probably should not be trying to show the world now, how clever he is at keeping track of bank balances! Uh, maybe he should have been doing that when he ran the company? And probably not a good idea to claim SEC is providing misleading information to the public, either. Oh geesh, talk about kicking the hornet's nest.

FTX's CEO, John Jay Ray III, said Thursday he's open to reviving the bankrupt exchange if the move provides a pathway to return money to the crypto trading venue's customers and other creditors.

the Bankman-Frieds had a security incident at their home when a black car drove into the metal barricade set up outside their home. Three men got out of the car. When the security guard on duty confronted them, the men said something to the effect of: “You won’t be able to keep us out.” The men got back in the car and quickly drove away before the security guard was able to see the license plat

the Bankman-Frieds had a security incident at their home when a black car drove into the metal barricade set up outside their home. Three men got out of the car. When the security guard on duty confronted them, the men said something to the effect of: “You won’t be able to keep us out.” The men got back in the car and quickly drove away before the security guard was able to see the license plat

"You won’t be able to keep us out.”

Was this a staged incident or a real threat?

Interesting documentation of the continued back-and-forth between the new FTX CEO and SBF.

The federal government has seized nearly $700M in assets from SBF.

A majority of the funds, around 55 million shares worth $525 million, were taken from the cryptocurrency and stock trading platform Robinhood. The authorities also recovered more than $170 million in cash from several bank accounts, according to a court filing published on Friday.

You can read the full court filing by clicking “court filing” in the article.

• Financial documents that were mistakenly uploaded from bankrupt crypto firm BlockFi show a $1.2 billion relationship with FTX and Alameda Research.
  • The presentation, assembled by M3 Partners, offers a previously unseen overview of BlockFi’s balance sheet.

• Sam Bankman-Fried sent $400 million to Modulo Capital, an obscure crypto trading firm [in the third and fourth quarters of 2022].
  • One of the founders was once romantically involved with Bankman-Fried, per the New York Times.
  • Another, the Times said, was just two years out of college.
Modulo's founders have not been accused of any wrongdoing, but recently hired a criminal defense lawyer who is a former director of enforcement for the CFTC, the Times reported.

The Justice Department is seeking to ban former FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried from contacting any of the company's employees in an effort to protect potential witnesses […] after alleging that Bankman-Fried had spoken with an FTX employee who may serve as a witness[, the General Counsel for FTX US], The Wall Street Journal reported.

Last edited:
Last edited:

This will certainly be interesting. The ruling is pending until February 7 for appeal.
Any guesses on the identity of "friends?" I seem to remember $200K and $500K being the amounts "friends" posted towards bail.
.... not unusual for devoted friends to help a pal. By the same token (pardon the pun) there may be other motivations.
And as for the 3 men dressed in black, attempting to storm a residence in an upscale neighborhood with CCTV on every gate, in broad day light, stopping at the make-shift barriers screaming "You can't keep us out!" and security guard unable to get the license plate number??? BIG EYE ROLL FOLKS!! Definitely comical.
Sounds more like paparazzi-types hoping for some pics. Of course, in my opinion.

Any guesses on the identity of "friends?" I seem to remember $200K and $500K being the amounts "friends" posted towards bail.
.... not unusual for devoted friends to help a pal. By the same token (pardon the pun) there may be other motivations.
And as for the 3 men dressed in black, attempting to storm a residence in an upscale neighborhood with CCTV on every gate, in broad day light, stopping at the make-shift barriers screaming "You can't keep us out!" and security guard unable to get the license plate number??? BIG EYE ROLL FOLKS!! Definitely comical.
Sounds more like paparazzi-types hoping for some pics. Of course, in my opinion.
There are theories out there about who the individuals are (from family to friends to business associates), but there have been no names published by the media at this point.

Time for a little news catch-up!

This is the NYP, fwiw. Interesting connections, if accurate.

Interesting article describing the legal battle this upcoming week on who will be leading investigation(s) into FTX.

Bahamas Opposition is calling for a committee to analyze exactly what happened with FTX and the Bahamian government.

SBF-owned Emergent Fidelity Technologies (where SBF held his now-seized 56M shares of Robinhood stock) has filed for bankruptcy.

Washington property owned by SBF’s brother’s nonprofit is pulled from the market after allegations property was purchased with stolen FTX customer funds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back